What software would you recommend for someone who has to do alot of video editing?

Brian Boyko

[H] Consumer Editor
Any software you'd recommend for someone who has to edit TONS of DV video - doesn't need it to be professional looking, but would like some of the basics, like the ability to overlay a watermark... basically, I'm looking for an iMovie for Windows to tide me over until the Linux options are worthwhile.

-- Brian.

For starters you could try windows movie maker, since it comes with windows. But if you want to go more advanced there's Adobe Premiere, which is probably one of the best editors out there, and I believe you can get a 30 day trial or something from Adobe's site, so you could give that a shot, and it's fairly intuitive for the most part, but it has a bit of a learning curve for some.

Sony Vegas hands down. I use it professionaly, but it is easy enough that anyone can just jump in and start editing. You probably don't need the advance features of Vegas 7, so probably the more consumer oriented version, Sony Movie Studio would work for you. It is under $100 and comes with decent DVD authoring software.

I use Virtualdub for pretty much everything that I do. To get the functionality you want, you would have to add some plugins. Cost nothing to try but time and effort.
http://virtualdub.org

Back