what software to remove Windows 8 password

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I use H utility, the Linux software, that works well up to win 7

but when I use that software on win 8, it doesn't work

what do you guys use?

I use Hiren Boot CD 15.1, which support win 7.

Hiren Boot CD 15.2, which should be the latest ver., doesn't support win 8

Hiren Boot CD 15.1, c/w Offline NT Password Changer 2011-05-11 Utility to reset/unlock windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 administrator/user password.

which links to

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

and when I download his latest ver., it doesn't work

I remember for most win 8 PC, it's UFEI setup, and can't boot up in Hiren Cd. So I set the bios to Legacy, and it still doesn't work

is win 8 password still store in windows/system32/config?

Last edited:
Does it work w/ UFEI OS Manager? Or do you have to change it back to Legacy w/ the Security disable?

Is the bios \ ufei set to CDROM or USB drive 1st bootable?
Also have you tried the official Microsoft MSDaRT they have a program to reset local user passwords. overview here

You list hirens boot cd, so I am assuming that you can also find msdart / erd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSSV-nqYEfQ

I found this video, and download Hiren the latest ver., 15.2, and follow the instruction on that video.

I click Mini windows XP, and supposedly, there is about 10 icons, and as you can see from that video, you can select HBCD Menu

Now, I DO NOT have any of that. I see the windows explorer icon, the Cmd. prompt icon, and that's about it.

There is most certainly NO HBCD Menu, no File Manager icon, etc.

I have a Install All Hardware icon, and I think there is a wireless setup.

And I download the very same Hiren 15.2 that he shows on that video, as to how come all those icons are missing and nowhere to load them, I have no idea, perhaps some1 can help

Is the bios \ ufei set to CDROM or USB drive 1st bootable?
Also have you tried the official Microsoft MSDaRT they have a program to reset local user passwords. overview here

You list hirens boot cd, so I am assuming that you can also find msdart / erd

in the end, I did not use Hiren CD to get it to work.

I use the util. Offline NT Password Changer and thru some difficulty, got it to work.

Now, this is strange because last time I try that very same CD, it doesn't work. It keep saying "Cannot mount ....????"

and say "Do you want to force it"

and when I said yes, nothing

Back