What size screws on a 980Ti backplate?

Doward

[H]ard|Gawd
Just picked up a GTX 980Ti for a deal locally, but it's missing basically all the screws that hold the heatsink on. It's an EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 with backplate.

Anyone know the size/thread pitch of the various screws?

Thanks!

Your best bet might be to contact EVGA and order a replacement set. From what I've seen in the past EVGA has said you won't be able to find replacements on your own and will have to pay $15 or so for a replacement set. I just took a look at my EVGA 980 Ti screws (I have them saved because my card is currently water cooled) and all I can tell you is that they are smaller than M3 and 6-32

There is also this: http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=59653 but I have no idea what card they are referring to. The biggest difficulty might not be finding the right thread or pitch but finding screws with a small enough head to fit into the backplate screw holes. There is also no way of knowing if the screws listed in that link had to go through a backplate. You could probably go to your local hardware store and pick up a some M2.5 screws of various lengths and give them a try.

Last edited:
Thanks, Gorilla - I actually had a few spare screws of the appropriate size, was able to secure the heatsink without issues. I'm missing 6 screws for the backplate, but I'm less concerned about that.

Testing out the GTX 980Ti in my flashed MacPro 4,1 --> 5,1 now :)

Back