what size is the T-screws on the GTX580 stock cooler?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
Maybe this is different from brands but I got a Zotac GTX 580 with what I believe is the reference cooler and need to remove it to install my waterblock. I have a T8 but it´s to big. Wonder if it´s T6 or maybe T5 they use? I believe you have to remove the plastic cover for the MCW80 waterblock as well not just the heatsink part.

I am fairly certain I've read it's a Torx T6 size, but I haven't owned one so I can't say for sure.

The gtx 680's use T6 I never had a 580 reference card. I would think it is the same though.

Didn´t matter I had to buy a complete set anyway on top of my previous two bit sets but yes it was T6.

It´s kind of trolling. nVidia changed the locations of the bolts just enough to make the 8800GTX adapter plate incompatible. We are talking like less then a mm. I am sure you could carve the PCB though and get new spacers.

Anyway what a dream getting the wb on. I always realized that the GTX 580 cooler is loud but it was this freaking loud I had no idea! Wow just wow...

Funny, I thought the 580 was pretty quiet compared to the 5870s I had beforehand. But I also have been gaming with headphones for 4 years so..

Me too. I tried iems but it was not nearly enough. My reference before the GTX 580 was my watercooled 8800 GTX so not really fair I suppose :)

Back