What Should Yahoo Get Rid Of?

HardOCP News

[H] News
What was the first thing that popped into your head when you read that headline? CEO? That's what I thought too.

The Sunnyvale, California-based Web giant lists roughly 60 products and services in the US, but the portfolio is in such disarray that Yahoo itself can't keep track of it. Clicking on some services, like Contacts, yields a broken link. And there are links to other services, like Profiles and Directory, that have already been shut down.

Honestly the fact that Yahoo! is still around made me think she was doing okay.

They need to bring back the original cesspool of the Internet: Yahoo Chat.

They need to bring back the original cesspool of the Internet: Yahoo Chat.

lol, I had way too much fun on yahoo chat back in the day. TEXAS*TEXAS*TEXAS room was always fun, and we knew how to get together and party.

I only use one yahoo service, and thats groups. Only reason I use that one is the rescue I work with was using it before I came along. Got them all set up on google for business and just cant get them to let go of Yahoo Groups

Honestly the fact that Yahoo! is still around made me think she was doing okay.

Or its just inertia and old people with their homepage set to Yahoo not ever wanting to change, kinda like the second coming of AOL homepage.

Or its just inertia and old people with their homepage set to Yahoo not ever wanting to change, kinda like the second coming of AOL homepage.
It doesn't help that ATT has partnered with them for many years for their DSL and now U-Verse services.

When my parents got SBC Global DSL (now ATT), they used to send the installation CD's with the DSL modems, and they set all the homepages to yahoo.com as part of the installation procedure. My parents switched to Google Fiber almost 2 years ago. They are hooked on Yahoo for news and search. They just like the all in one aspect of it even though yahoo search is utter shit half the time.

They should just become a search engine again. Nothing else.

I thought their front-page was used as a benchmark to see how powerful a computer was. If your computer only has the "minimum" specs, good luck browsing that cesspool of click-bait.

I thought their front-page was used as a benchmark to see how powerful a computer was. If your computer only has the "minimum" specs, good luck browsing that cesspool of click-bait.
lol indeed. I just went there because I was curious of how bad it currently is. It took 27 page down button presses to get to the bottom of posted home page garbage. (chrome at 100% txt size maximized @ 1920x1080.)

I am in 2 leagues that run through yahoo, and that is the only reason I have a yahoo account lol

i use their email for an old account i use for purchases and non important things

Yahoo is huge in Japan. They have Yahoo Auctions Japan, which ebay can't compete against there. There's Yahoo BB (broadband) with 50 meg ADSL and the Hikari service with 1 gig Fiber.

Personally, I just hate the layout of Yahoo. When I go to the front page of Yahoo, I don't want to see news articles, gifs, etc. It needs to be minimal like Google or Bing.

I just went to the Yahoo page right now. It's all in German (as I'm living in Germany) and then I have the weather for Columbus, Ohio on the side, I have no idea why. When I swap it to US English, I'm greeted with a nice gigantic Nissan video ad at the top and the same crap news articles, gifs, etc.

Also pick a single freaking location for something. You have the home, mail, answers, etc on top, but then on the side I also have mail, news sports, etc. The page is freaking too busy.

They need to start revamping things. I have no idea why they haven't revamped the damn layout of their page at all.

Back