What should come after BF3?

What should the NEXT Frostbite 2 Battlefield Game Be?

• Battlefield 2143 - The Future!

Votes: 53 38.4%
  • Battlefield 1944 - World War II

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • Vietnam - I want to get back in the bush, ya dig?

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 22 15.9%

• Total voters
Assuming DICE takes the BF3 engine and makes another game, which they should and WILL do, which war would you want to fight?

Outside of BF1942.. BF2142 is the Best of the series IMHO. a BF 2143 would be a wet dream come true, as long as they dont COD-ify BF3

Picked Other. I'd like to see them get a little creative with the series. Perhaps they could really start competing with Call of Duty on the single player level? Add a "spec ops" feature, or some neat co-op features, including an 'arcade mode' for scores and the ability to modify gameplay mechanics, like big head mode or something. I thought the Onslaught mode in BFBC2 was kind of interesting, but there was room for improvement.

Most of all, MOD SUPPORT. Remember that epic Star Wars mod for 1942? Can you imagine getting something like that with the Frostbite engine? Forget a sequel to Battlefront.. :p

And yeah a dinosaur themed game would rule >_>

First thing I would do, kill fucking Battlelog. I don't care as much about Origin, but I do not like Battlelog.

yes sure it is look how many problems everyone has, in 2011 a web browser is needed to play games biggest fail ever.

Yeah, I too find the stupid Battlelog via a internet browser i just stupid and bullshit. I do not want to exit the game just to change to another server, who the fuck thought it was a good idea? Please EA/DICE please give us an option to use an ingame server browser like all your BF games.

Well at least it has dedicatrd servers, if it didn't I would have told EA/DICE to go fuck themselves, nobody likes a matchmaking service.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about The Forgotten War... Korea needs some love.

I'm with Burnttoast on this one, a pc exclusive Battlefield title.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about The Forgotten War... Korea needs some love.

They have been. The Korean wave that's been going on for a while now, where people blindly think what Korea puts out is "gold" including their "music" (New groups every week, come on now.) Hell, all their groups are cookie cutter too, don't forget the "S" wave they have to include for all female singers!

It's no longer chinese, but korean lol!

nothing should come after BF3..I couldnt imagine BF2143..All this unlock bullshit..next iteration..we will be running around naked with sticks..waiting for a unlock to get some clothes or a upgraded weapon...a Bow and arrow..

Battlefield 2542, with seamless space battles and ground fighting. Go all out and show us what Star Wars Battlefront could have been if paired with tomorrow's technology.

We need mod support.
30v0u34.jpg

Something more original.

If they have to make a sequel to one of their games I'd like to see Mirrors edge with freeroam a lot like we see in Assassins creed, possibly with some kind of multiplayer, that would be a load of fun chasing each other down across rooftops :)

I have always been a WW2 fanatic, so i would love to see a Battlefield on Frostbite 2 set in WW2. If they did something similar to 1942 on today's technology, with the bombers, Carriers, fighters, artillery, tanks, ect... it would be amazing.

1944 for me please. 1942 was awesome, that in the FB2 engine? Imagine those huge fuck off bombers decimating maps!

I personally don't really care what theme you put on it, within reason. A Battlefield: Hello Kitty wouldn't be too appealing for example. But on the whole the gameplay and not the theme is what counts, if one solely considers aesthetics. However, a 2143 or otherwise "future" theme would allow for limitless creativity/expansion on gameplay whereas a modern warfare/WWII scenario would be far more constrained in what you could do. So in that sense, a "future" setting is far better from a gameplay potential standpoint.

I would like world war 2 at this point. Modern has now been overplayed more than ww2 style games now. Futuristic seems interesting but something with historical fiction like ww2 gives the game more authenticity and the thought of reliving history.

Battlefield: Zombies

Use BF3's full arsenal of weapons to take on a 1000+ zombie army till every last one is dead.

128 player maps.

:cool:

I would like world war 2 at this point. Modern has now been overplayed more than ww2 style games now. Futuristic seems interesting but something with historical fiction like ww2 gives the game more authenticity and the thought of reliving history.

Haha back to world war games we go :p

Something original.

QFT.

Fuck military shooters, and fuck "realism"... there's enough of that shit in real life.

What should come next? DICE retires itself to the Hall of Shame, steps aside and some better up-and-coming developers step-up in the industry.

Flying Wild Hog, the guys behind Hard Reset... now THOSE are some talented individuals. They've a bright future ahead of them, and I cant wait to see what they come out with next.

I'd vote for Battlefield 1944. I just love the vehicles and guns of WW2, especially the planes.

My other vote, something new. Fantasy, zombies, aliens, dinosaurs, tentacles vs schoolgirls, I don't care. It would be awesome to see something other than 100% gunplay, but in the Conquest map settings.

Back