What RPG to try?

Astrogiblet

[H]ard|Gawd
Well.. I beat most of Oblivion, and it got old real fast. Hearing the same 5 voices was horrible. WoW is not my thing.. Played it for a while..

I am playing dark messiah but its so badly bugged that it doesnt run on my system, but it got me in the NEED to play RPG's.. So what RPG should I try?

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, if you havent already....try Gothic3 and NWN2

KOTOR and KOTOR 2

(Knights of the old republic just in case like you dont know like I didnt)

These are the first RPGs Ive actually enjoyed.

Could be the Star Wars geek in me or it could be that the games are fun.

Hmm.. a vampire game.. that sounds cool.. I heard Gothic 3 is awesome, but I didnt play the frist two.. isnt gothic 3 a continuation of the story line?

NWN 1 was cool.. until I became so ungodly powerful that I would run through a dungeon thats supposed to take 45 minutes to clear in about 5 minutes, then get out into the outside world for a few, then it was back into another dungeon, and it continued on and on.. which was just boring and repetitive.

I'm not a fan of star wars.. So that would probably drive me nuts :p

i've been meaning try kotor & kotor 2 but i am split between xbox version and pc version.

which control is better? i can't play FPS games on consoles for example.

Neverwinter Nights gave me a lot of entertained hours of fun. I heard the NWN2 is alright as well. Give those a shot.

Have you tried playing Morrowind?

Hmm.. I might try Morrowind.. Is it as buggy and repetitive (sound wise) as oblivion?

Morrowind has its share of bugs, sadly. Mostly crashes to desktop at this point, tho i did find that after i reformatted my PC for other issues that Morrowind ran much better. You'll recognize all the voices you hear, but there's much more reading in this game than in Oblivion. Morrowind has a much more memorable world and story, and the game doesn't hold your hand nearly as much as Oblivion did. I'd definitely recommend you try it and stick with it for a while. Get some texture replacement and better bodies mods to pretty up the graphics, and lose yourself for a few hundred hours.

I would recommend avoiding NWN2. Technically the game is a disaster. Maybe after a patch or 10, it'll perform better though.

I've heard the same is true for Gothic 3, but do not have firsthand experience with it.

PoweredBySoy said:
I would recommend avoiding NWN2. Technically the game is a disaster. Maybe after a patch or 10, it'll perform better though.

I've heard the same is true for Gothic 3, but do not have firsthand experience with it.

It's worth playing. The bugs are minimal now and it held my attention strongly for a full week +. The bad parts are virtually no replay value and load time between areas is horrible.

Other than that it's pretty fun.

If you have an xbox, by all means play the xbox version! The PC version is fun in a pinch, but it's a terrible ported version. The PC controls are obviously designed with console in mind. This isn't a FPS, it's RPG through and through. With the auto-pause functions you can manipulate whether it's turn based or real time as well.

If you enjoy the star wars universe this is a MUST PLAY!

DizzySHK said:
i've been meaning try kotor & kotor 2 but i am split between xbox version and pc version.

which control is better? i can't play FPS games on consoles for example.

NWN2 is pretty good.

Patch 1.03 addressed most of the performance concerns and most of the people complaining anyways where on really crappy systems. It has always ran fine for me and I'm on a fairly mid-range system.

It's not a bad game, needs some work. Next couple patches should fix a lot of things - but as it is now, it's still a good single player RPG.

Back