What Remains of Edith Finch Is Free on the Epic Games Store

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Giant Sparrow’s 2017 first-person exploration game “What Remains of Edith Finch” is available for free on the Epic Games Store until January 24. This title has received overwhelming praise and multiple awards for its unique narrative experience likened to being transported into the pages of an engrossing book. Other freebies this week include first-person platformer “A Story About My Uncle” for those who join the Humble Store newsletter, and online arena combat PC game Blast Zone Tournament on Steam.

What Remains of Edith Finch is a collection of strange tales about a family in Washington state. As Edith, you’ll explore the colossal Finch house, searching for stories as she explores her family history and tries to figure out why she's the last one in her family left alive. Each story you find lets you experience the life of a new family member on the day of their death, with stories ranging from the distant past to the present day.

Knew about the Epic games one but didn't know about the other 2. Thanks!

While this might be great for some, it would take a lot more for me to download another game client on my PC. In fact, almost nothing could convince me to download another game client.

While this might be great for some, it would take a lot more for me to download another game client on my PC. In fact, almost nothing could convince me to download another game client.

What about a Steam ban? Sure you say that will never happen now but who knows... violate their TOS, which I am sure you read very carefully, and your account might be dust in the wind. Competition is a GOOD thing. Even if the current monopoly is a GOOD thing.

What about a Steam ban? Sure you say that will never happen now but who knows... violate their TOS, which I am sure you read very carefully, and your account might be dust in the wind. Competition is a GOOD thing. Even if the current monopoly is a GOOD thing.

Personally, I have Origin, Uplay and Windows Store so I have alternatives. I don't consider competition a good thing when there are exclusives that are bought and paid for to keep titles from being released on other PC store fronts. It's bullshit.

I don't consider competition a good thing when there are exclusives that are bought and paid for to keep titles from being released on other PC store fronts. It's bullshit.

But monopolies are a good thing? You're picking and choosing your bullshit at this point...

Thanks OP, I hope this doesn't cause any problems with Steam...if it does I'll uninstall it (this is for Edith Finch).

well no one would have an issue if the exclusives epic store games were available on the other stores. the cut they are giving the devs is good but tieing games to their store is wrong.

they way epic are going about it is wrong

thanks picked up for me and son on our accounts to backlog.

It's just a nice gift for everyone that already has the launcher for fortnight. I had the launcher for Paragon before epic ruined the game, and alpha testing of the old fortnight save the world before they ripped off pubg.

Honestly if they finished some more maps for unreal I'd be happiest. Unfortunately they only have enough staff to barely meet the needs of current fortnight users. Unreal has been put out to pasture for the last decade.

Back