What really is the benefit of DocuSign?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I have 1 insurance broker who ask me to sign the insurance contract via DocuSign. It's not that user friendly, but most of all, why not just email a PDF file w/ the part that require initial or signature w/ a red X? What do people really gain from this DocuSign? And people who create document via Docusign, does it cost them $?

Docusign has presumably done enough work to make sure their signatures will be accepted in a legal procedure. And since it runs in a web browser, it's not that unfriendly. Click ok, type your name, click the button to sign, go to the next, click the button, and you're done. As opposed to get a PDF and print it? and sign it and scan it and send it back in? I don't have a PDF Editor. I've just done a bunch of signing for a condo and some of it was docusign and some of it was some very similar competitor.

There's some free trials available, but otherwise I think you're paying monthly, but they might have a per-document price for low volume? I signed up for the trial while I was briefly a landlord, but my tenant never signed it, so it was a waste of time (that was fun, and made me glad I was only briefly a landlord)

I have 1 insurance broker who ask me to sign the insurance contract via DocuSign. It's not that user friendly, but most of all, why not just email a PDF file w/ the part that require initial or signature w/ a red X? What do people really gain from this DocuSign? And people who create document via Docusign, does it cost them $?
It's a legally accepted way to electronically sign documents, and some people might find it easier to use than adobe's pdf signing process, plus moves almost all the software variable off the user's PC. As far as cost, dunno.

Anyway, worked pretty well for me when I applied for my home loan, and during closing. The only issues I experienced were from the wrong documents being sent for signature, or the signed documents not being sent to the next person for their signature (which was fixed pretty quickly with an email/call).

but for people not in our IT industry, say my insurance broker sending a docusign link to Jane Doe, how many % of an average John or Jane Doe knows how to use it? Like Toast0, his tenant never signed it

Docusign is much easier than going into settings to create a signed key, getting the correct location of where the signature should be (both page and location on the page), and then sending the correct, signed version of the file (unless the user overwrites the original unsigned version of the pdf, in which case if they signed incorrectly they have to go re-download and start over).
This assumes the user even has a version of a pdf reader that allows for digitally signing pdf files.
I have done docusign from my cellphone. Not sure you can easily do the same thing via pdf on a phone

Back