AMD Phenom II 965
4gb ddr3 1366mhz(dual channel)
two 1gb graphics cards run in crossfire
500gb sata2 hdd
1tb sata3 hdd
dvd-rw sata
3 120mm fans
waterpump(12v)

Any recommendations(modular psu's only).

Thanks,

David.

P.S. my username may be new but I am an old fan of Hardforum. Was on here as robbins1940 but that username is no longer active here.

You should specify what graphics cards you are planning on running, as 1GB of memory can be found on the low end cards as well as the high end ones. But right off the bat, I'd say at least a good 750W if you are running CF with some higher end cards, and also want a bit of headroom for overclocking. Something like a Corsair HX750/AX750, Antec TPN 750 etc.

Med range graphics card.

Gigabyte GV-R575OC-1GI Radeon HD 5750 1GB

So at least 750w?

Yeah, the TDP of a HD5750 is only 86W, so you don't need anything really beefy for even two of them.

The manual for the graphics card says I need a minimum of 600w if running two in crossfire. Is this just Gigabyte covering themselves?

for $50 plus shipping i would consider that bfg ex1000 refurb.way overkill for your specs but what a great price and plenty of juice for most any future upgrade.

The manual for the graphics card says I need a minimum of 600w if running two in crossfire. Is this just Gigabyte covering themselves?

I would not really go on their info, people's advice here and online power supply calculators can give you much more accurante info

it is them just covering themselves and taking in account overated/sub par PSU's i think

Back