What program can I run to work my GTX 670 hard?

GOD'SlittleSERVANT

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm going to run 3dmark just to see what bench marks I get, but Is there a program that will work my card hard and tell me what the highest temp and core clock it gets? When I'm running BF3 on everything set to ultra, i do a quick tab/alt and the highest temp I've seen so far is 67. is that really the best way to see how hot your card gets?

I'm going to run 3dmark just to see what bench marks I get, but Is there a program that will work my card hard and tell me what the highest temp and core clock it gets? When I'm running BF3 on everything set to ultra, i do a quick tab/alt and the highest temp I've seen so far is 67. is that really the best way to see how hot your card gets?

Furmark is probably the most strenuous benchmark but it will get your card up to temperatures that you will rarely if ever get to under normal usage. BF3 is probably the most demanding application for GPUs at the moment.

You could look at any of the benchmarks to see what the reviewer's got in whatever program.

Or use: OCCT @ http://www.ocbase.com/index.php/software

Or play some Metro2033 with the eye candy. It gets pretty damn slow if you turn on any of the DX11 features and used to make my 580s ramp up good. (I did live on a hot little island though)

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want get your card a good toasting though?

Heaven will crash the display driver at clocks that Furmark will pass.

GTX 670 is different than cards of the past.

I'd use Heaven - I'm not sure if it'll get it hotter than maxed out BF3, but Furmark is a completely unrealistic load.

Heaven will crash the display driver at clocks that Furmark will pass.

GTX 670 is different than cards of the past.
That's probably because both Nvidia and AMD both detect Furmark in the drivers and automatically scale the card back. They both have been doing it for several years now.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks guys. I'll try out Furmark and Heaven.

I'm just curious what my new card can handle is all.

Back