What phone do you have?

Treo 700p, wish the new Treo wasn't window's based =(

I think we have found the ONLY PERSON who still likes the palm OS ;)

As far as the Treo Pro, I think it's the KillerApp phone for WinMo. It seems REALLY slick.

My n95 is so close I can taste it.

ATT Tilt... have it since the day it came out and will be upgrading to Touch PRO when it comes to ATT

htc hermes/at&t 8525 Running starbase 64

I love it, it does EVERYTHING except gps. It even emulates iPhone if I set it up to... full keyboard (im a text/internet whore) and sweet screen. VOIP ftw.... WIFI ftw... :)

I'd like more pics, too... especially of those Blackberry Bolds that a few people claim to have in their hands. ;)

Ouch. I get the hint. I'll post pics when I get home tonight. LoL.

Edit: Pics as promised!!!

Bold w/ Reflex 2.0 Today Plus Theme:

IMG_8179.JPG

Browsing [H]:

IMG_8181.JPG

Left side:

IMG_8182.JPG

Right Side:

IMG_8183.JPG

Faux Leather Back:

IMG_8184.JPG

Ouch. I get the hint. I'll post pics when I get home tonight. LoL.

Edit: Pics as promised!!!

Bold w/ Reflex 2.0 Today Plus Theme:
Wow!!! I'm in love!!! How did you get it? Is it as awesome as we've all hoped?

Thanks so much for the pics!!!

AT&T Tilt, unlocked to work for T-Mobile and debloated of its AT&T trappings to make it... well, less bloated. Loving it so far.

Wow!!! I'm in love!!! How did you get it? Is it as awesome as we've all hoped?

Thanks so much for the pics!!!

I have no special connections or anything, it's been out in Canada for several weeks. Quite possibly the only thing we get in Canada before the US does...

Overall I'm very happy with the phone. Here's a list of pros and cons from my perspective:

Pros:

- The screen. Wow. With the greater pixel density (same resolution in a smaller physical screen), it makes the iPhone screen look like garbage. Which is a testament to how nice the Bold screen is, not so much a shot at the iPhone screen.
- Connectivity. Nothing beats the BB in terms of connectivity. Between a combination PIN, exceptional e-mail support, SMS, MMS and of course voice, there is nothing out there that provides a better experience all wrapped up nicely via BB Messenger. The bold actually improved e-mail connectivity if you can believe that it could get any better, as things like gmail which ran in a separate app before is handled by the built in e-mail application.
- The processor is fast and the system is extremely responsive, gone are the days of click and wait.*
- Construction is solid. Even though there isn't a hint of metal in the body it doesn't feel cheap. The faux leather back actual improves ergonomics in my opinion.
- A pretty touchy topic, but I actually prefer the new keyboard over the old one. Many won't share my sentiments, but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. ;)

Cons:

- The default browser, though greatly improved from the previous generation, still bites royally compared to the iPhone.
- 3G speeds are not as good as the iPhone on the same network. This is likely a firmware issue. Firmware 147 beta is supposed to have improved on this.
- Battery life is not what you would expect in a blackberry. For the ones I've used in the past, a battery lasts a good 2 days on a charge, given that I'm a fairly moderate user. There are days where I'm down to half a block out of five blocks by end of day. This is a concern for me if this is already happening on a new battery, what happens after it degrades? Apparently firmware 147 actually improves battery life.
- * In relation to the asterix above, there have been issues with very slow bolds out there, which is probably attributed to hardware issues. I don't see any of those problems on my end. Though I've encountered a similar issue once when the device ran out of memory. Memory usage is one thing that has gotten increasingly better with newer firmware versions.

I haven't upgraded to firmware 147 which many of my peers say is "the" bold OS as alot of the issues I've highlighted above are resolved. The phone is too important for me both personally and business related for me to risk loading a beta OS on it. That said I'm really looking forward to when the OS is mainstream.

Thanks for those insights! I've had a Curve 8320 for a year. It's a great smartphone, but I agree about the browser. I switched to Opera Mini 2.1 and am pleased with its performance. I also bought a higher capacity battery (1500mah) that gets me 2 days use before recharging. The big 2600mah battery is just too bulky for my tastes. I had a chance to play with a Bold prototype at a CES in Vegas and was hooked. I hope the 3G issues get sorted out by the time we get the Bold here in the U.S.

I have the LG VX-10000, and before that the first one of its kind, the LG-VX9800. I like the build quality of LG phones, especially this line of them. The VX-10000 is a bit rough around the edges (spotty touch screen performance, still bogged down by Verizon's OS), but the big bright screens and fantastic keyboard are great. I'll likely get the VX-11000, whenever its announced...

iphone 3g, can use gmail flawlessly with it, downloads from apps store include medical apps, well written. etc.

iphone 3g love the new 2.1 update seeing amazing signal increase from one bar in my basement to 4 or five

^^ damn pretty phone.

Let's see.. I have

Nokia N-Gage
Samsung T809
Samsung U600
Tmob Shadow (sage)
2G iphone 8gb

and up next, pre-ordered a G1.

I have a Blue Sanyo Katana from Sprint. Free after rebate. It calls, it works, it's all I need. I would prefer a Palm Treo 800w though... Maybe my next upgrade....

I have the LG NV2. My company bought it for me otherwise I would have just got something simpler. However, I love the full keyboard since I do have to text for work from time to time even though I can't stand it and it makes using mobile web a snap. I also like the fact that it's small. I don't want a big phone.

Back