What PC gaming titles are you looking forward to in 2011?

man there is alot of good stuff happening this year...

I'm not going to suggest this is an exaustive list, but it is a long one (a conglomarite of what I've heard here mostly)

Battlefield 3
RAGE
Diablo III
Guild Wars 2
Mass Effect 3 (ME2 DLC? Lair of the shadow broker was fantastic and Overlord was at the very least worth $8)
Dues Ex: Human Revolution (althought I'm afriad Square's gonna JRPG-up this franchise)
Crysis 2
Portal 2
FEAR 3
Star Wars: The Old Republic (more and more I'm thinking no current franchise, including StarWars, can challenge WOW, and more and more I think the Mass Effect fiction might be able to...)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Dragon Age II
Homefront
BulletStorm
Dead Space 2
MGS:Rising
Max Payne 3
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

I've also been recently turned onto the Civ franchise with Civilization V, as so many others have, and I've heard faraxis is good about support, so I'm really hoping they push a naval patch which will rid the AI of its hydrophobia.

And somebody humor me on the Mass Effect V WOW thing: a Mass Effect style MMO a le Tabula Rasa or APB (well APB sans the fail) sound like fun to anybody? If they went with a first-person orientation they could carve out a market segment that WoW hasn't taken which would probably give them a consistant player base, which might actually have some pull on WoW's market, without actually going head-2-head with the beast.

Dragon Age 2 (and any DA DLC, that would continue Morrigan's story)
Diablo 3
SC2 expansion
Dawn of War 2 expansion
Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex 3
Assassin's Creed 3 (I hope it's in production already :p)

not really looking forward to anything... Hopefully will get 1 or 2 nice surprises.

Mass Effect 3 in 2011, really? Weren't there like 3 or 4 years between the release of ME1 and ME2? I hate the wait, but do not want it rushed.

SKYRIM

Too bad it's almost a damn year's wait.

That's Elder Scrolls IV: Skyrim, I'm still trying to finish Oblivion so I hope they take their time. I have so many mods to still play through and so many other games, 11 months just ain't that long to do it all in.

Diablo 3
Red Faction: Armageddon
The Witcher 2
Mass Effect 3 (I suspect it will get delayed to early 2012, though)
Dragon Age 2
Bulletstorm
Dues Ex: Human Revolution

That's Elder Scrolls IV: Skyrim, I'm still trying to finish Oblivion so I hope they take their time. I have so many mods to still play through and so many other games, 11 months just ain't that long to do it all in.

Well since we're doing corrections, that's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. :p Looking forward to it also.

figured out which pc title I am looking forward to....

Red Orchestra 2.

looks awesome and looks like it is basically done. I played the original mod for UT2003 or whatever version it was back in the good old days before the freeaim and all. Still play RO every once in a while.

Well since we're doing corrections, that's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. :p Looking forward to it also.

Too true. I guess I had Oblivion on my brain as I've been playing it tons lately. My current Oblivion folder is about 17.4 GB as I got so much data on it right now.

Rage. Because PC games need ID.
Doom 4. Because it's doom.
Quake 5. Because.
Fallout: online or whatever the hell i've been signed up for (though MMORPGs are all a sucky boring timesink, I like betas).
Dungeons. Because EA made bullfrog make harry potter so this is the closest to DK3 i'm going to get.
Left4dead3? Because it's funny to see valve push the same engine over and over :D

BF3!

Everyone says they want it... everyone will buy it, and yet everyone will be slightly annoyed, then they will start to piss and moan about imbalances.... I will join them..... but I'll continue to play it as I still play BF2!:D

forgot was a game that was coming out that is just suppose to be MP and $15 for the whole game, had a funny commercial

Downloading Tera online since last night. Not sure if it is going to be done by the time I get home from work. My brother said it took him 2 days to download. It's 25GB download:eek: Slow download speed doesn't help either :(

Brink
Diablo 3
Homefront
Shogun 2
DEUS EX : Human Revolution
ME3
Skyrim
Dota 2
Tera Online

After having some account issue, I finally got to play Tera for about 2 hours. I can't really tell how good it is since it's I just started it but it was alright. But then, last time I played MMO was......... I can't think. So I can't compare it to other titles but as brief experience I had with WOW like 5 years ago, I like it much better than that. It could be that I was using Skype to play with my brother that made game play better too.

I'll play it again tonight(hopely since I have to take my daughter to ice skate and stay there till 9:30PM) and see how it is little further in to game.

I really liked the Assassin in D2 where she moved really quick and did good damage. There's similar character but it's not as fast. But then, it could just be that I'm only lvl 4. :D

This was my first time I've bought any games off of steam this holiday and with all the deals my backlog is currently enormous thanks to them. For example never thought I'd buy the Stalker games yet here I have 2 of them thanks to Steam.

List I am looking forward the most to:
Diablo 3 (unlikely this year I know)
Batman Arkham City (enjoyed the first)
Elder Scrolls V (hopefully I can wait for game of the year edition in 2012, I'm hoping my backlog will be large enough that I can resist buying the incomplete version of the game)
Mass Effect 3 (still waiting for game of the year edition for Mass Effect 2)
Uncharted 3 (my backlog is finally letting me play through the second game now and it's been as expected great so far)
Battlefield 3 (played and loved Battlefield 1942 back in the day, since then I've lost interest in the series until Battlefield Bad Company 2 which was fun and has me really excited for Battlefield 3)

Games I may eventually get:
Rage (still not positive about this game but all the hype has me believing this can be special)
Little Big Planet 2 (play the first game with my family from time to time, will purchase it when I can get it around 20 dollars)
Duke 4Ever (loved Duke 3D, will probably get it even if it doesn't live up to it's hype just because, I'm sure it won't take long for this game to be down around 20 dollars will pick it up at that price point)
Deus Ex (I have that feeling this game is not going to live up to the hype and I won't get it but I still have a glimmer of hope)
Dragon Age 2 (will see if the new direction this series is going will be for the better or not)
Crysis 2 (enjoyed the first but not positive I like the new direction this game is going)
The Last Guardian (Team ICO has made masterpieces, still up in the air if this will be as good as the PS2 titles)
The Witcher 2 (just got the first game off steam and looking forward to playing through it)
Infamous 2 (enjoyed the first game, will also wait for this game to get around 20 dollars to buy)

2011 has lots to offer me but I probably won't be buying many games until there are some big time sales for these games, Steam holiday sale 2011 can't come fast enough!

Last edited:
BF3
DA2
ME3
ES V
Shogun2 TW

That would pretty much fill my dance card for a year. The DLC for them and then Steam, GFWL, Impulse, etc. sales will fill in the gaps.

Battlefield 3 and Portal 2 are two games that Im really looking forward to play.

Homefront, Bulletstorm, and Guild Wars 2 are on my radar to play; just not as excited to play as BF2 and Portal :D

For the first time ever there is nothing on the horizon that looks promising to me. Crysis 2 would but I'm afraid they've strayed too far from the looks of things. :(

Pretty much anything that has nothing to do with COD, Ubisoft or Epic.

Portal 2 and Duke Nukem, if it ever actually comes to market, are a couple I am looking forward to, but really I am going to be spendig the next 4-6 months just working through my holiday Steam sale back log.

Back