What PC games are co-op like Farcry 4 ?

T

troyquigley

I am looking to buy a new game during the steam sale that my friend and myself can play together.

I would love a game similar to farcry 4, where lots of action and some RPG.

ideas ?

can't afford buying 2 copies of Farcry 5

Borderlands 2 is very nice, never played it in coop but you can play with up to 4 people. the DLC is also very good GOTY ed is around 10 € atm

Warframe might also be an option, and it's free to play

The division is also on sale last 2 games are more MMO type.

Ghost Recon Wildlands was a lot of fun coop. It sounds exactly like what you're describing.

Ghost Recon Wildlands was a lot of fun coop. It sounds exactly like what you're describing.

Definitely this. I have some suggestions but they are not RPG, but they are all co-op.

Yes, some of these suggestions are not PC but most are
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resident Evil Revelations 1
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2
  • The Division
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • State of Decay 2
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Destiny 2 (fun in co-op)
  • Far Cry 3 is co-op as well but I think it's limited... can't remember
  • Portal 2
  • Half Life 2 with "Synergy." The Synergy mod lets you play the entire Half Life 2 campaign (including all the Episodes) in co-op.

I am sure there are more, but these I have played off the top of my head and were fun.

Btw, keep an eye out for the mod "Skyrim Together." It's a mod that lets you play through all of Skyrim co-op with friends. Check our their subreddit for more info and you can check some YouTube videos to see it in action.

thx for the replies.

Borderlands 2 - have it and loved it.

hunt showdown - have it - no one playing the game (took 2 long to get a match)

thx for the replies.

Borderlands 2 - have it and loved it.

hunt showdown - have it - no one playing the game (took 2 long to get a match)
2800 people playing right now. Match load in is still slow due to matching players up currently by level so n00bs have a fighting chance. Yep, a PITA but worth it IMO. New content patch did roll out last week. Game has changed a lot.

I could still go back and play BL2 co-op for hours today, no doubt.

Shadow Warrior 2 is exactly what you're looking for, co-op focus with heavy RPG elements.

I also would suggest Serious Sam 3, no RPG elements, but it's a hoot.

Following this thread, as Im constantly on the lookout for something my wife and I can play.

Currently looking into Divinity: Original Sin 2

Definitely this. I have some suggestions but they are not RPG, but they are all co-op.

Yes, some of these suggestions are not PC but most are
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resident Evil Revelations 1
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2
  • The Division
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • State of Decay 2
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Destiny 2 (fun in co-op)
  • Far Cry 3 is co-op as well but I think it's limited... can't remember
  • Portal 2
  • Half Life 2 with "Synergy." The Synergy mod lets you play the entire Half Life 2 campaign (including all the Episodes) in co-op.

I am sure there are more, but these I have played off the top of my head and were fun.

Btw, keep an eye out for the mod "Skyrim Together." It's a mod that lets you play through all of Skyrim co-op with friends. Check our their subreddit for more info and you can check some YouTube videos to see it in action.
The Resident Evil games are all surprisingly fun in coop, but it is important to note the first Revelations is not coop in campaign mode.

Every other game in your list aside from Portal and Half-Life have some light RPG elements that I think OP is looking for.

There are a lot of great co-op titles out there! When you say "like FarCry 4" do you mean FPS w/ online co-op that is generally PVE-style? Or are you open to other sorts of game styles? Any further info would be helpful as well (ie for instance, how about co-op "survival" games that can be played 1st and/or 3rd person etc. ARK is the most famous, with Conan Exiles popular as well. The Forest is really fantastic and there are lots of solid sci-fi-ish entries like GRAV and Planet Explorers etc.. ). Would you be open to co-op non-FPS games?

Others have already noted some great options so far I endorse many of them as well. With a bit more info I could give better suggestions!

Last edited:
Dying light plus the following(included in the enhanced edition for 20$ right now). There are levels and talent trees but you end up with all of them in the end so it hardly qualifies as a real rpg element but you can do 99% of the story in co-op and the game play is fantastic.

For what it's worth my friend and I played farcry 4 for ~20 hours, farcry 5 for a similar amount, and dying light for ~200, plus we just restarted the campaign with 2 more friends, it's that good.

Ghost Recon WIldlands was amazing! Highly recommend it and I think it has dropped in price a bit

Back