What other games are like Alien Swarm?

This game gave my buddies and I a really good time and now we're looking for some other stuff of similar nature. Coop, some RPG elements, etc.

Anything else out there kind of like this besides Diablo?

We like the 3rd person MGS aspect of it too.

I think the 2 Shadowgrounds are probably the best ones. There's also Alien Breed Impact which just came out not too long ago but I've only played the demo.

borderlands and l4d2 are the games you should try. borderlands especially. it's basically alien swarm, but with questing, loot, and is first-person perspective.

borderlands and l4d2 are the games you should try. borderlands especially. it's basically alien swarm, but with questing, loot, and is first-person perspective.

the only thing borderlands has in common with alien sworm is that they are both co-op, after playing alien swarm I never had borderlands jump into my head, l4d did though.

the only thing borderlands has in common with alien sworm is that they are both co-op, after playing alien swarm I never had borderlands jump into my head, l4d did though.

how many 4 player co-op shooters are there that have leveling, the ability to upgrade/choose guns, and 4 different classes? borderlands is just like alien swarm except it has loot and talent trees. neither have much story. the only big difference is camera perspective. OP said he enjoyed playing with 3 friends, and borderlands is great for that.

So.. absolutely nothing like Alien Swarm at all?

Take a look at Madballs in Babo Invasion. It has multiplayer (don't know if it's coop exactly, but like TDM or CTF). It has a very similar top down perspective with shooter elements and a leveling system.

Both Madballs and Shadowlands are really good picks. Shadowlands is actually what reminded me of Alien Swarm, with updated graphics. Both show up in the $5 or less bucket quite often.

Both have co-op, level ups, unlocks, and multiple weapons. Shadowlands does have some resolution limits, but not a huge deal. Both are laptop friendly...

I hope they come out with more campaigns for Alien Swarm... I was really excited about playing it until I learned there's only a 45-minute level or so to it :(. I'll still try it tomorrow once my GTX 460 1GB' pair arrives, but :(.

So.. absolutely nothing like Alien Swarm at all?

uhh, no. both are 4 player co-op shooters that have leveling systems. both feature a choice of 4 classes that have different strengths and weaknesses. both allow you to gain new weapons and abilities as you level.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, Borderlands hit the OP's requirements of "Coop, some RPG elements, etc." that he and his buddies can enjoy together.

Back