What OS is like Plex but Network based & can do torrents?

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
What OS is out there that is basically like Plex? I'm not looking to stream through the internet just my network. I just want something really simple that I can watch/listen to my media through and download files/ torrents to. I rather download and keep my driver and software files on another computer rather than on my main computers SSD.

freeNAS(freebsd) has plex and a torrent client plugin(transmission). Most media servers dont handle downloading i dont think.

addionally open media vault(debian) also has plex and transmission plugins.

Looks like you're looking for a NAS...

FreeNAS
OpenMediaVault
OpenFiler
unRaid
Any OS + FlexRaid
Any OS and basic media shares
Also, would you need transcoding or can the media players stream everying AS IS.

Popcorn Time is interesting but becareful

Keep in mind:
"What happens to the moves after I'm done?

Your movies will stay buried in a secret folder somewhere in your drive until you restart your computer. Then it will be gone for good"

Popcorn Time is interesting but becareful

Keep in mind:
"What happens to the moves after I'm done?

Your movies will stay buried in a secret folder somewhere in your drive until you restart your computer. Then it will be gone for good"

So, if you don't have it, even in digital form after a reboot, why is it considered stealing? I'm streaming it, so I never really take possession over it. :)

Ehhhh I'll skip the popcorn time one, I dont want to take the time to rip my dvd then have them disappear on me.

Which of the NAS's are easiest to setup especially in a non raid way, hodgepodge of random drives?

Ehhhh I'll skip the popcorn time one, I dont want to take the time to rip my dvd then have them disappear on me.

Which of the NAS's are easiest to setup especially in a non raid way, hodgepodge of random drives?

Popcorn time is more of a streaming of torrents, not DVD rips.

JBOD - Just a Bunch Of Disks. Not really RAID, but it's a collection of random drives in a pool. No redundancy.

Back