what 'old school' game would you like to see a sequel or new version?

Primal Rage
Iron Soldier(Would be awesome on PC with better graphics and physics engine.)
Flashback
Panzer Dragoon
WeaponLord(One hell of a fighting game at the time of release)
Samurai Showdown
Streets of Rage
Double Dragon
Bushido Blade(I was thinking about this game the other day...it would make a great premise for a samurai-type MMO)
Tobal(an underrated classic....)
Boogerman :D

Task Force 1942
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Strike Commander
Total Annihilation

The original Sierra games. Kings Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry etc. I still need to check out the new releases of Curse of Monkey Island.

None. Not if they are going to follow the current trends of game design and appeal to the mainstream crowd.

I'd love to see a new Boogerman game and would KILL to play a new Jet Moto game. I've honestly never understood why they didn't develop a new Jet Moto for current consoles yet. I mean - yeah the series pretty much went downhill after the 2nd game (or even after the first in some respects), but I've always felt that the series had SO much potential - sort of like it was just held way back by older technology and wasn't really given the chance to shine like it could with modern technology.

Master of Orion 2 (Not Moo3.. that game sucked)
Lords of the Realm2 (Not LORT3, that game also sucked)
Stronghold2 (Not Stronghold3...lol)

Remember Syndicate from 1993?

It is being modernized and re-released. Too bad EA is the publisher.

I was a huge fan of the original Turok on N64. It was the only Turok that kept to the primitive North American warrior aspect of the story. All the sequels moved away from that and focused on some quake/ Gears of War inspired dude fighting dinos. So boring! No exploring ancient ruins, no roaming about lost through mountains and jungles, no mystery. To late now, I don't think a Turok game will ever be done "right" at this point.

A true sequel to Desert/Jungle/Urban/Soviet/Nuclear Strike series with an isometric 3D view for 2D style gameplay.

Either an update for X-wing Alliance or another one. It would be cool to see the original Dark forces come up to current day graphics. and..... Half-life 3...... oh wait thats right sorry Valve!:rolleyes:

A proper sequel to "Theme Hospital" and "Wages of War".

Too bad it's never going to happen.

Mechcommander.

I did like the sequel but a fresh Battletech universe game on something like Frostbite 2 would have incredible potential

Mechwarrior. I know there was a video out for a reboot like 3 or for years ago but nothing has come of it. I know Living legends is out for crysis that does not change the fact that I want a new mechwarrior 2 or mechwarrior 3.

I would live a Privateer 3 and a New Ultima game with the same style as ultima 7 with very updated graphics.

Unfortunately, the new Jagged Alliance 2 remake looks like shit, or I would have gone with that.

cs pro mod would be a borderline example, if they ever finish it and iron out all the bugs.(not likely anymore since they are taking too long to complete it)

I'm still a bit confused. Essentially CS: Source is a remake, but a lot of people got butthurt over it because hitboxes felt different.

All in all, it's still a remake, I don't see how it's not.

Syndicate - the persuadatron: brainwash a horde of civilians, arm them and start a riot. brainwash a few enemy agents, burn the city to the ground..

Balder's Gate II - two words: boo & minsc (go for the eyes boo, go for the EYES). all RPGs have been a pale imitation since especially where NPCs are concerned. the only other RPG character that come close was HK from SW:KotoR
Skyrim should of taken notes on how BGII did inventory management as it had the basics right (fucking consoles).

Planescape Torment - great feel like BGII. only game i can remember where dying in game wasn't a bad thing. it was a vehicle to advance the plot.

Betrayal at Krondor - must be the grandaddy of first person RPGs. loved the books (The Riftwar Saga -Raymond E. Feist)

Descent - been nothing like it since. bought a joystick just to play this game as it wasn't anywhere as good with just a KB & mouse.

Homeworld / Homeworld Cataclysm
- loved this game. first real full 3D RTS. the capital ship battles were epic.

Quake- with the original NIN/trent reznor soundtrack (still remember the industrial guitar opening theme track in my head & i haven't heard that track in 10 years).

MechCommander - train your pilots to take head shots to salvage/sell mechs between missions. fond memories to PPC'ing & LRM'ing targets into submission.

Populous - developed by bullfog, dont think anyone has mentioned this gem yet. it was later morphed into 'Black & White', its spirtiual successor. didn't really get into that one, the idea of training a pet to become a avatar of your 'godly will' was a bit too 'cutesy' for me.

Total Annihilation - i know there's Supreme Commander, just wasn't the same. game also had a memorable soundtrack.

it's was funny flicking thru the whole thread where people had 'duke nukem' in their list. if only they could of time travelled back to tell themselves not to bother. the franchise is dead and buried now.

one or two people mentioned hexen, not sure i'd add it to my list, did have memorable gameplay tho.

with all these games, wouldn't change a thing except shove a new graphical engine under the hood & perhaps expand the game content a bit.

if i had to pick one from the list, it would be either Balder's Gate II or Homeworld, one of the last games i was really excited to play.

personally i hate consoles tho i cant wait till the next gen console arrive so PC games get something other than crippleware hand-me-downs from an 5+ year old platform.

Back