what 'old school' game would you like to see a sequel or new version?

I didn't want to weed through all 7 pages too see if Earthbound came up. Again don't mess with the story or the gameplay mechanics just give me an updated graphics in a new artform also updated sound with remixes of the original songs.

i love seeing Descent coming up so many times...

new-gen Descent with multiplayer 3d fying would be SICK

New monkey island games. The re-release of monkey island with updated graphics was excellent. Keep the humor and the gameplay style, make me some doggone sequels! :)

*privateer
*secret of mana
*US FF2 and 3
*betrayal at krondor
*betrayal at antara (unofficial sequel of krondor)
*Ultima underworld stygian abyss, im sorry but i spent months playing this game finding all of its secrets i could
*tie fighter vs x-wing*
*chuck yeager advanced flight trainer
*star control
*solar winds 1/2
*masters or orion

and for god fucking sake EA bring back earth and fucking beyond /end rant

I really enjoyed Larry Bond's Harpoon, circa 1994. There have been updates throughout the years, but that game updated on a brand new platform would be awesome.

FreeSpace
MechWarrior not as a mod or console port.
Tie Fighter
Jedi Knight
Star Trek Armada
Tribes
Trophy Bass(?) old PC game..
Homeworld was cool but hard as shit..

Would love to see sequels to

Magic Carpet
X-Wing Alliance
Drakan
Shogo

and mostly

Wings of Glory

Magic Carpet
Descent
Relentless

I wish EA/Origin would make another fresh Ultima Online :(

Ooo, I forgot about Magic Carpet, that'd be a good one. Also, Betrayel at Krondor as others have mentioned would be great as well.

FreeSpace
MechWarrior not as a mod or console port.
Tie Fighter
Jedi Knight
Star Trek Armada
Tribes
Trophy Bass(?) old PC game..
Homeworld was cool but hard as shit..

Its not exactly a sequel, but have you tried the Fleet Ops mod for Armada 2? They have basically redone the entire game and pushed the engine to its limits.

Forgot about Jedi Knight. Definitely that.

I would say Descent 4, but I'd be a hypocrite since I haven't played Descent 3. But Descent 1&2 was awesome. Every time I play Pink Floyd's "The Machine" song, I think of the Descent 1 bosses. So awesome.

Earthworm Jim would be a cool game to see again if they made it like New Super Mario Bros. Also, a remake of Goldeneye would be awesome.

Another vote for Tie Fighter. I'm surprised Lucas hasn't already done this. What about even an MMO in the Star Wars universe similar to how Eve Online works...

I'd love to see Deus Ex remade with today's latest/greatest software technologies. Don't fuck with the story, just give the game the best graphics available. Kinda like what Black Mesa is supposed to do for the original Half-Life.

Agreed 100%! Also I'd like an option to keep the original Deus Ex music... I loved the soundtrack.

Sequel:
Final Fantasy Tactics
Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross
X-Men Legends / X-Men Legends II

Remake:
Little Nemo: The Dream Master
Bee 52

I want the game that was promised, and opens with the tag line...

Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

X-Wing (all incarnations, including TIE Fighter)
Wing Commander
MechWarrior
Descent
Freespace

MULE / BELOW THE ROOT / MASTER OF LAMPS / KICKSTART / SUPERCARS / BLACK TIGER / HEAVY BARREL / GUARDIAN HEROS

Oooo heavy barrel and mule, those are good ones.

This thread is giving me a serious urge to whip out the x36 and engage in some 6-degrees of freedom descent combat.

Some of the descent engine ports that have come out are pretty robust. Just very hard to find opponents. Makes me miss kali/kahn.

Back