What new display type are you looking for in 2021?

What new display type are you looking for in 2021?

• 31.5″ or 27" 144hz MiniLED

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • 240hz IPS

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 200hz or QHD 29" ultrawide

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Necere

2[H]4U
If I had a nickel for each time that I’ve heard something like this... also note the post specifies this will be for the top tier of the market. Meaning, expect to pay like $2500+ for such a monitor. That is basically the same as not being available.
I follow the display industry somewhat closely and IMO this is the most promising news I've seen as far as OLED monitors actually coming to market. There's really just LG making larger OLED panels, and they've never expressed any interest in the monitor market. Up to this point, there was that limited production Dell 30" OLED a few years ago, and smaller monitors using JOLED-sourced panels.

Samsung also posted this teaser for CES, which seems to show some smaller displays alongside their high end TVs:

VD-First-Look-invitation.jpg

It's possible those are LCD monitors (MiniLED or otherwise), of course, but I doubt that'd warrant a front and center place in a new product line reveal. Either way, we'll find out in a few days.

And yeah, they will very likely be too expensive for most to consider over a conventional LCD or 48" OLED. But I have no doubt at least a few people around here will buy one.

Edit: turns out the smaller displays in Samsung's teaser are the new "The Frame" models, which start at 32" and can do portrait mode. So nothing new in terms of QD-OLED. Monitors are usually shown at Computex in June, so that's the likely next window we may see an announcement.

Last edited:

sethk

[H]ard|Gawd
QNED or bust in 2021!
There will be no QNED monitors in 2021

Last edited: