What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

In preparation for the Ducky one 2 SF (Cherry MX silver) I am back to my K70 RGB Rapidfire.

Cooler Master MM710, HELL of a mouse.

Damn bro how you liking that Artisan? I've considered ordering one a few times and wish they would just put a desk mat out.

Best mouse pad I ever had so far, since 2001 I had so many different mouse pads from glass, hybrid, cloth, metal, plastic and so on but from factor "control" the best mouse pad period IMHO, it's not the fasted, but the most accurate, that's more important for me. It's the Artisan FX Hien L MID.

Picked these up this week to mess with. Really liking them so far:

Razer Black Widow Lite Stormtrooper with Orange switches. I haven't used the included o rings but dig the feel of the Razer Oranges.
Logitec G305 mouse

My other KB is the older silver decked non back lit Corsair K65 with Cherry Browns. I've that since release and it still holds up.

Attachments

• IMG_2642.JPG
    IMG_2642.JPG
    472.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2650.JPG
    IMG_2650.JPG
    520.3 KB · Views: 0
Best mouse pad I ever had so far, since 2001 I had so many different mouse pads from glass, hybrid, cloth, metal, plastic and so on but from factor "control" the best mouse pad period IMHO, it's not the fasted, but the most accurate, that's more important for me. It's the Artisan FX Hien L MID.

Bit the bullet on the Shidenkai Mid XL. Really impressed with the quality and just how amazing this thing feels. I can see why they have a cult following.
IMG_2723.jpg

Reactions: AG1M
like this
Mouse: Microsoft trackball optical 1.0, the big right handed flat one with the thumb trackball.
Keyboard: IBM M13 w/trackpoint, the 1997 version made by Maxi Switch. I'm using a Ziotek usb adapter for it. It doesn't seem to type any different than the 1980's M models. The trackball uses the old 32 bit intellipoint software. Which sucks, but I don't know how else to get it to work all four mouse buttons. If anyone has a clue, let me know.

Main PC - Logitech G910 Keyboard and Logitech G602 Mouse.
Secondary PC - Logitech G810 Keyboard and Logitech G602 Mouse.
Test bench - Logitech G810 Keyboard and Logitech G602 Mouse.

FrgMstr has or had one, I believe

I had the original, the star spackled one, and the air58. Didn't try the new small one but I did try the O- which was a tad too small for me, and I'm digging the wireless options right now. I think now that basically every mouse manufacturer is on the lightweight bandwagon Finalmouse is going to have a hard time out innovating. The only mouse I am really curious about is that guy whose 3d printing great looking FK2 shells with G305 wireless internals, and they are only 60 grams.

work: Das Keyboard 4 Professional + Logitech Master Mouse 3
home: Das Keyboard 5Q + Logitech Master Mouse 3

-Koolertron Programmable Split Mechanical Keyboard, All 89 Keys Programmable Ergonomic Keypad, 8 Macro Keys [SMKD62] (Cherry MX Brown Switch) with custom doubleshot keycaps.
This is my typing keyboard with MX brown switches. While it is "split", it has a few extra keys on the inner row of each side which comes in very handy. Can program any of the keys to be whatever you want.

-Koolertron Cherry MX Red Programmable Gaming Keypad, Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with 43 Programmable Keys, Single-Handed Keypad Macro Setting, Backlit Can be Turned Off.
This is my gaming 1/2+ keyboard on the left side of my main typing halves. This allows me to sit "throne style" without having to cross my left hand in front of my chest/torso when playing games. It also allows me to keep mx browns for typing while using this keyboard with mx reds for gaming. I can also have a different set of macro'd keys for the gaming 1/2+ board without switching my typing keyboard's profiles around.

-Rottay Mechanical Numeric Keypad USB Wired Blue LED backlit Numpad 22-key Number Pad - Black (Blue switches).
I like a clackity keypad for num pads. It being separate allows me to keep it nearer to my mouse hand too.

-Elgato Stream Deck (customizable graphic icons and recursive sets digital button/hotkey array)

-USB Volume Control, DROK Lossless PC Computer Speaker Audio Volume Controller Knob, Adjuster Digital Remote Control with One Key Mute Function. I can control my volume with the midimix listed below but having a giant chrome knob that doubles as a bop-it mute/unmute toggle comes in handy too. I can also drag it behind my right monitor to a little mini hutch near the doorway on occasion so that I can control the volume and especially the muting toggle by just reaching through the threshold of the door frame and bopping the big control knob as a button.

- Akai midimix pro: A small 12" wide board of 8 faders + a master fader, and 3 knobs above each plus a few squishy buttons in between. I mapped eight apps to each of the faders and use the squishy button above each faster as a mute on/off toggle for that specific app. I use some of the knobs to control the volume of specific games I play.

-Fragpedal Dual PC Gaming Footpedal.
Works great as extra buttons for special actions. Was a lot of fun when I had stomping magic attack boots in grim dawn for example but it can be mapped to any key for any abilities, inventory, mount/dismount, etc. in games.

-3D Rudder "floor plate" foot controller.
I got this over the holidays for use with my oculus quest linked to my pc so that I can play some games sitting down when I want to and otherwise for games that don't really do room scale very well. This tilt and spin floor plate foot controller also allows you to use both hands in VR without having to move the joystick on the same controller you are using for your hand and arm, weapon movement, etc. The 3dRudder can map any keys so it can be used for any games for any triggers, action, inventories, or movement if desired. It's sort of like having tilt arrow keys but better since you can set the acceleration of movement and sensitivity to the amount you tilt and spin it. So more like a key map-able gamepad I guess.

- Perdition Reddragon mmo mouse.
I replaced my NAGA pro/wireless/wired with this. It has a tilted keypad where each row tilts in toward the other which makes it a lot more useful.

- Akai midimix pro: A small 12" wide board of 8 faders + a master fader, and 3 knobs above each plus a few squishy buttons in between. I mapped eight apps to each of the faders and use the squishy button above each fader as a mute on/off toggle for that specific app. I use some of the knobs to control the volume of specific games I play.

I have a bunch of my hardware listed here with pictures:

Last edited:
Mouse: Microsoft trackball optical 1.0, the big right handed flat one with the thumb trackball.
Keyboard: IBM M13 w/trackpoint, the 1997 version made by Maxi Switch. I'm using a Ziotek usb adapter for it. It doesn't seem to type any different than the 1980's M models. The trackball uses the old 32 bit intellipoint software. Which sucks, but I don't know how else to get it to work all four mouse buttons. If anyone has a clue, let me know.

I used to use that mouse a long time ago. It was great. On my laptop I now use a logitech mx ergo plus. I highly recommend it.

Reading about that old MS mouse made we want to reply that I actually still have an old MS sidewinder Strategic Commander left handed "mmo controller" that I got to work with some software (Strategic Engine) but I was just doing it to mess around. I don't really keep it connected for games currently.

How to get MS Sidewinder Strategic Commander to work with SC with analog axis?

Strategic Engine

Strategic Commander Software Axis Support (free,alpha) with vJoy

commander.jpg

Among other things over the years I've used a G19 keyboard, MS ergo split keyboards (wired and wireless models), a few razer mice, logitech G9X mouse, g502 proteus mouse (still have at desk on the side), a few different naga mice in the more recent past and a lot of logitech thumb trackball mice (especially when on laptops but in the old days I gamed with them to great effect despite what people would claim). I would definitely still be comfortable using a ms split ergo for typing and I still use a logitech ergo plus thumb trackball for my laptop which is great and has some neat modern features. I love my higher end keyboards though at my main rig. Surprisingly, the perdition reddragon mouse I am using was very affordable but I love it and wouldn't go back to my naga from it. If the reddragon ever fails I'll just buy another one.

Perdition Redddragon Mouse

Last edited:
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinium.
Mouse Logitech G600 (MMOs/adobe/coding) / Rocat Kone Pure (other, fps)

I use a Corsair Katana (the one with all the mmo buttons on the side, for mapping macros/app shortcuts) along with a Durgod Taurus K320 mech with Kalih Box Jades. I absolutely fell in love with Durgod after buying one of their boards and I will not be buying any other brand for the foreseeable future. Quality of Durgod mech's for the price is just unbeatable in my opinion. Super heavy, doubleshot pbt, large variety of switches including Kalih box 'thic click' series. They are fantastic.

Work: Das Keyboard 2 or 3 professional (Cherry MX Blues) and G500
Home: CoolerMaster MasterKeys S (for now) and G5

Still using my Blackbird Tenkeyless I got quite a few years ago. (Still working great)
1584014216480.png

Logitech K120 keyboard for my Desktop, along with a G502 mouse. I recently got a Razer Mamba Wireless mouse, because it was supposed to be the wireless equivalent of the Deathadder, but am somewhat disappointed in it. The Deathadder had bigger (and more centralized) thumb buttons, which I liked.

At the moment I'm using a HyperX Alloy FPS with CherryMX Browns and a Logitech M510. It's been tough with the smaller Alloy FPS coming from a larger split/ergonimic keyboard I've been using for like 20 yrs, but it's growing on me.

At the moment I'm using a HyperX Alloy FPS with CherryMX Browns and a Logitech M510. It's been tough with the smaller Alloy FPS coming from a larger split/ergonimic keyboard I've been using for like 20 yrs, but it's growing on me.
Did you consider using a modern ergonomic keyboard, even one that wasn't fully split?

Also, I'm using a Ducky 3084 (75%? KB). Didn't come with backlighting, but came with all of the LED holes for a 2mm LED.... soldered ~86 of those little suckers in, and replaced most of the keycaps with some "pudding" style keycaps (cheapest backlit keycaps I could find on amazon at the time).

It's a little too bright, even at the dimmest mode.

So Ducky went through the trouble of routing all of those LED traces and even installing the controller (I have various LED modes to choose from), but never actually releasing a LED version of this. Apparently there is a BT version of my KB that barely saw any time on the market. I like the small size, the nice USB-C placement, and the Cherry MX Blue switches, of course.

However, the small size makes the FN keygroups ungrouped, so I don't like that. Both navigation keygroups are also awkwardly placed.

I think I'll go back to a regular tenkeyless, in the future. The desktop space gain wasn't massive, but it is noticeable for my cramped setup.

Mouse is an older Corsair 65, the one with the "sniper" button put in a less opportune location. I think Corsair moved it slightly towards the "front" of the mouse (towards the cable), on the updated model. When I used to have iCue installed, I remapped it to Function 24 (F24 key?), and had that be my push-to-talk key.

Hyper X Alloy FPS, and pulled my old G5 mouse out of storage to try again as I'm not overly happy with my Hyper X Pulsefire Pro (too narrow for my hand.)

Edit: Picked up the Corsair Ironclaw RGB. So far it's more comfortable. Hard to find a decent mouse for larger hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently using the VicTsing Wireless gaming mouse. I dont like the clicking sound when Im playing at night and Id like to have less wires running around my computer so this mouse is perfect for my taste. If you have the same preference as I do, Id recommend you check this website for alternative gaming mouse.

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB
Mouse: Glorious Model O
Mousepad: XTracGear Ripper XL

Really like the cherry reds on the keyboard. I was looking for a new mouse (always used Logitech) and came across this Model O a while ago. Man, what a great mouse. So light and just a dream to handle and use. Initially I had problems with the left click kind of "sticking" more or less, but it just went away after some time and have absolutely no issues with it.

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB
Mouse: Glorious Model O
Mousepad: XTracGear Ripper XL

Really like the cherry reds on the keyboard. I was looking for a new mouse (always used Logitech) and came across this Model O a while ago. Man, what a great mouse. So light and just a dream to handle and use. Initially I had problems with the left click kind of "sticking" more or less, but it just went away after some time and have absolutely no issues with it.

I agree. I can't stop using my Model O-. I have a Logitech Pro Wireless and Razer Viper Ultimate just sitting here unopened because the O- is the closest thing I've found to a perfect mouse.

I plan to use them at some point, probably, so no one PM me hoping I'll sell them on the cheap lol.

I agree. I can't stop using my Model O-. I have a Logitech Pro Wireless and Razer Viper Ultimate just sitting here unopened because the O- is the closest thing I've found to a perfect mouse.

I plan to use them at some point, probably, so no one PM me hoping I'll sell them on the cheap lol.
The Model O- was my favorite mouse until I tried the Viper Ultimate. Now my O- sits unused, lonely and :( back in its box.

The Model O- was my favorite mouse until I tried the Viper Ultimate. Now my O- sits unused, lonely and :( back in its box.

Yeah, it's all about dat shape (bout dat shape) and all of these are among the top mice available, so naturally some people will prefer one over the other. I might very well agree with you if I tried the Viper Ultimate. :) After using the amazing G900 I swore off wired mice, but the O and O- were good enough to win me over so I've just stuck with it. I just don't see how they can improve much on any of these outside of longer battery life for the wireless models.

Every now and then I consider getting a new / different keyboard... then I remember that there is really nothing I don't like about my Filco MT2 TKL (mx red/ dampers + black Vortex PBT double shot keycaps) also my Sensei 310 is still working quite well indeed. The Filco wasn't the cheapest keyboard and it doesn't have any bells / whistles (macros..etc) but I don't care as wouldn't use them, It has proved to be quite reliable and I don't see making a change anytime soon.

I'm glad I invested in the Filco, it was worth the money and I really enjoy using it.

20200425_224045.jpg

Back