What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

Any thoughts to share on the Viper wireless vs. wired? I'm normally not a huge fan of charging docks since you can't use the mouse when they're charging unlike Logitech's solution, but considering the battery life of that one, I doubt it's a big deal. How long does it take to charge (assuming you've had to do so)?
I prefer it over the wired, though it's not earth shakingly better. It was about 70% charged when I took it out of the box. I let it charge overnight and will see how long it takes to run out of juice. You also can plug the USB cable into the mouse and use it in wired mode as it recharges

Last edited:
I prefer it over the wired, though it's not earth shakingly better. It was about 70% charged when I took it out of the box. I let it charge overnight and will see how long it takes to run out of juice. You also can plug the USB cable into the mouse and use it in wired mode as it recharges

Thanks for editing that last bit in - I did not know that! I look forward to your continued impressions. On paper it's a little bit better than my G Pro Wireless as far as DPI, weight, and battery life. Not sure I want to go in at $150 for a minor upgrade, but I'll be keeping my eye out for sales. (y) I'm liking the textured rubberized sides; hopefully the shape would work for me.

This is the best keyboard for typing I've ever used - Logitech MX Keys. My only gripe is that it's not available in tenkeyless. That aside, it's so easy and comfortable to type quickly and accurately on the MX. It's very well-built, too. I wouldn't recommend it for gaming, but if you're a writer or coder, you'll love this keyboard.

mx.png

IMG_20191107_152239.jpg IMG_20191107_151926.jpg

Been using this MM710 for a couple of weeks now and liking it. Probably the best feet and cording I have ever had on a mouse. The feet are domed enough that there is no "crisp" edge drag at all. It floats. Had to change my grip a bit as this mouse is a really small for my hands, but it is working out.

_______

The scroll wheel/button went out on my FinalMouse, but they did warranty it and paid all shipping. However, I did have to get a different model than I originally purchased if I wanted a replacement quick. They sent the Ninja Air 58. It is not as bright as it appears in the pics. Has much better cording that is soft lilke the MM710, but not quite as soft. Feet are not domed as nicely but will probably wear in. Will see. Going to use the MM710 a bit longer.

IMG_20191107_152655.jpg IMG_20191107_152807.jpg IMG_20191107_152824.jpg IMG_20191107_152833.jpg

View attachment 198222 View attachment 198223

Been using this MM710 for a couple of weeks now and liking it. Probably the best feet and cording I have ever had on a mouse. The feet are domed enough that there is no "crisp" edge drag at all. It floats. Had to change my grip a bit as this mouse is a really small for my hands, but it is working out.

_______

The scroll wheel/button went out on my FinalMouse, but they did warranty it and paid all shipping. However, I did have to get a different model than I originally purchased if I wanted a replacement quick. They sent the Ninja Air 58. It is not as bright as it appears in the pics. Has much better cording that is soft lilke the MM710, but not quite as soft. Feet are not domed as nicely but will probably wear in. Will see. Going to use the MM710 a bit longer.

View attachment 198229 View attachment 198226 View attachment 198227 View attachment 198228

Dude. Awesome. Love the Ninja Air58. Look at the Amazon prices...disgusting.

I might pick up an MM710 and/or a Glorious Model D when it drops. I think the shape might suit me a little better than the O and O-, which I liked. Currently using the O- but after I saw the D, I wish the hump was a little bigger (on the O and O-) like that of the MM710 and the D seems to be that way. Really loving these ultralight mice.

Last edited:
Corsair MK.2 low profile and a Corsair Glaive... really happy with this setup. I play a lot of Apex with these perihphs.

I hope your glaive lasts longer then mine did, mousewheel broke after around 3-ish months each time, shame realy as I realy liked them.

Using an MM530 atm but there the rubber thumb rest came loose, superglued it back on for now. Also the forward button seems to have moved, still will have to do for now.

Been using this MM710 for a couple of weeks

I'm interested in trying one of these ultralight mouse(s). Normally prefer a heavier, bigger mouse but I've grown to love my G Pro which is tiny and lightweight. I'm especially interested in the robust looking pads. Check your box - a reviewer mentioned an extra set of pads were included as well.

Sensor position is important to me and this one looks right about where it should be. PWM3389 sensor is curious because I thought was exclusive to Razer (2 year old info admittedly).

Does it feel solid or flimsy?

Price seems reasonable so I will add to my want list but I am not the mouse-whore I used to be and am falling behind - I'm still waiting on the mx518 Hero to go on sale. I'd like to take that Hero sensor for a spin, but having grown fond of the tiny G Pro I'm afraid I won't love that heavy old 518 shape any more. I spose whichever goes on sale below $30-$40 this holiday season will get my $$.

I'm interested in trying one of these ultralight mouse(s). Normally prefer a heavier, bigger mouse but I've grown to love my G Pro which is tiny and lightweight. I'm especially interested in the robust looking pads. Check your box - a reviewer mentioned an extra set of pads were included as well.

Sensor position is important to me and this one looks right about where it should be. PWM3389 sensor is curious because I thought was exclusive to Razer (2 year old info admittedly).

Does it feel solid or flimsy?

Price seems reasonable so I will add to my want list but I am not the mouse-whore I used to be and am falling behind - I'm still waiting on the mx518 Hero to go on sale. I'd like to take that Hero sensor for a spin, but having grown fond of the tiny G Pro I'm afraid I won't love that heavy old 518 shape any more. I spose whichever goes on sale below $30-$40 this holiday season will get my $$.
Feels solid to me and I test my hand on it. Solid enough that I have never even thought about till you asked.

I have been using ultralight mice for well over a year now. Better thing ever. :)

My setup at work. Ducky Mini (Cherry MX Blue), Logitech G5. Keycaps are just some cheapo $15 PBT blanks that I need to replace at some point. My coworkers don't care about the noise since we are all computer/cyber engineers and appreciate mechanical keyboards.

5J12eg1.jpg

My setup at work. Ducky Mini (Cherry MX Blue), Logitech G5. Keycaps are just some cheapo $15 PBT blanks that I need to replace at some point. My coworkers don't care about the noise since we are all computer/cyber engineers and appreciate mechanical keyboards.

View attachment 199282
I love those 60% keyboards! I know you use it at work, but have you tried gaming with your Mini?

I love those 60% keyboards! I know you use it at work, but have you tried gaming with your Mini?
Yes, this keyboard used to be my primary gaming keyboard. I since replaced it with a Ducky One TKL RGB a few years back. Currently I'm in the process of building a Daisy 40% with Gateron Green switches for a compact travel keyboard. I built my brother a 60% last year with the same green switches and love them. They are like blues but stiffer.

Yes, this keyboard used to be my primary gaming keyboard. I since replaced it with a Ducky One TKL RGB a few years back. Currently I'm in the process of building a Daisy 40% with Gateron Green switches for a compact travel keyboard. I built my brother a 60% last year with the same green switches and love them. They are like blues but stiffer.
Good info. Thanks!

I'm considering a KBDFans 75% or that Ducky Mini to replace my Ducky One/2 as my gaming keyboard. I prefer the KBD, just not sure I prefer its $250 price compared to the $100 Mini. ;)

Last edited:
And here I am wishing for a silent tactile switch, with actually stable actuations. Spacebars are some of the worst on mechanicals. Tried out a flowery keyset for the wife (future build), and successfully actuated the space key maybe 1/5 of the time.

And every keyboard I have with Cherry MX Browns is too loud.

This is the best keyboard for typing I've ever used - Logitech MX Keys. My only gripe is that it's not available in tenkeyless. That aside, it's so easy and comfortable to type quickly and accurately on the MX. It's very well-built, too. I wouldn't recommend it for gaming, but if you're a writer or coder, you'll love this keyboard.

View attachment 196761

I don't see how any keyboard with those flat keys can be even remotely acceptable for typing, let alone "the best ever".

Are you being sarcastic?

And every keyboard I have with Cherry MX Browns is too loud.

Have you tried adding O-rings?

While I have a board with greens at home, at work where we have an open office environment I decided to go with clears, whcih are a lot like browns but with a heavier spring.

In order to make the work keyboard acceptable I bought a set of O-rings to dampen it.

I find that most of the noise on Cherry MX keyboards comes from bottoming out, not from the switch actuation itself, so this made it very good for my purposes. (At least with my heavy typing style)

These are the ones I went with:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZQ3966/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

I've never understood the appeal of lighter mice. To me, the heavier the better. Feels much more steady and accurate in my hand.

I don't see how any keyboard with those flat keys can be even remotely acceptable for typing, let alone "the best ever".

Are you being sarcastic?
So, because you don't find the keyboard remotely acceptable for typing (despite never having used it), that means no one, not I or anyone else, should be able type very well on it?

So, because you don't find the keyboard remotely acceptable for typing (despite never having used it), that means no one, not I or anyone else, should be able type very well on it?

I'm open to different people having different preferences, but every single chiclet keyboard I have ever seen felt or heard was absolutely awful in every single regard, objectively so. I guess it is possible someone could make a good one, but my personal experiences make me suspect a practical joke, before the possibility of that :p

So, does the sound bother you? Or do you have people around you who are bothered?

It bothers me that other people are bothered :)

Honestly looking to address WAF here. I'd like something quiet but precise for myself, and for her, something actually quiet. She's looking at the Logitech above right now.

I'm open to different people having different preferences, but every single chiclet keyboard I have ever seen felt or heard was absolutely awful in every single regard, objectively so. I guess it is possible someone could make a good one, but my personal experiences make me suspect a practical joke, before the possibility of that :p
You suffer from a chronic case of "I don't like it, so why should anyone else?"

It bothers me that other people are bothered :)

Honestly looking to address WAF here. I'd like something quiet but precise for myself, and for her, something actually quiet. She's looking at the Logitech above right now.

I'm similar. I don't want to bother other people. I feel like with the clears and o-rings I've reached a quite enough solution that it is acceptable for open office work, especially with all the white noise, padded cubicles and conversations that go on.

at home I have a dedicated office, so Ia have no problem with undamped clicky switches. I used to swear by nothing but Model M's, and while I still love them, about a year ago I decided it was time ot try something newer.

You suffer from a chronic case of "I don't like it, so why should anyone else?"

My brain tends to organize things into categories. Something like:

1.) My preferences

2.) Not my cup of tea, but I understand why others might like it.

3.) I don't understand that preference at all, they must not know any better?

In your case, I know you know better, which is why I suspected some sort of sarcasm (which is very difficult to read online).

There is always the chance I learn something new and the categories get shuffled around, but at this point that is pretty rare.

My brain tends to organize things into categories. Something like:

1.) My preferences

2.) Not my cup of tea, but I understand why others might like it.

3.) I don't understand that preference at all, they must not know any better?

In your case, I know you know better, which is why I suspected some sort of sarcasm (which is very difficult to read online).

There is always the chance I learn something new and the categories get shuffled around, but at this point that is pretty rare.
Fair enough. Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

Work: Logitech illuminated keyboard (K740) and G5 laser. Love the illumintaed keyboard for seamless transition from the latop to the kb with the low profile and short throws.
Primary Rig: Logitech Gaming Pro (TKL) & Gaming Pro Wireless
Secondary Rig: Logitech G810 & G703

Been using logitech peripherals for 20 years. Also Best Buy having 50% off logitech peripherals every Christmas "forces" me to upgrade.

Just waiting on a wireless TKL mechanical low profile and I think I'll be good for another 20

I've never understood the appeal of lighter mice. To me, the heavier the better. Feels much more steady and accurate in my hand.

I was the same way. I used to prefer a large mouse, and if it came with weights I would often use most or all of them to make it as heavy as possible. Then I got the tiny and light G Pro and I have grown to like it.... enough so that I now want to try this new style of ultralight 'swiss cheese' mouse.

My useage has changed, I rarely play FPS games for hours at a time any more, and certainly not at the highly competitive level I used to play at. Nowadays I seem to prefer a no nonsense little mouse with minimal buttons and weight. The MM710 seems to have all of these features - no gaudy RGB LED's, no laser-strobe 'hey look at me!' lighting at all, just the essential buttons, and a comfortable looking shape. Plus a centrally mounted Pixart sensor I have not played with yet.

I was the same way. I used to prefer a large mouse, and if it came with weights I would often use most or all of them to make it as heavy as possible. Then I got the tiny and light G Pro and I have grown to like it.... enough so that I now want to try this new style of ultralight 'swiss cheese' mouse.

My useage has changed, I rarely play FPS games for hours at a time any more, and certainly not at the highly competitive level I used to play at. Nowadays I seem to prefer a no nonsense little mouse with minimal buttons and weight. The MM710 seems to have all of these features - no gaudy RGB LED's, no laser-strobe 'hey look at me!' lighting at all, just the essential buttons, and a comfortable looking shape. Plus a centrally mounted Pixart sensor I have not played with yet.

I used to be the same way. Always added the 10g weights in my logitech g5's. Did the same for the G703. Then read some reviews got the GPro and now I won't ever go back. Using the G703 feels ike moving a brick. Maybe my forearms have atrophied after switching to the GPro :p

Trying a new gaming keyboard: KBDFans75 with Cherry Silver switches. This thing is a beast weighing in around 5 pounds. It has a solid aluminum frame with brass plate. The green light around the frame is an acrylic band that emits RGB lighting. Board also has white LEDs but they're obscured by the key caps.

This is a great keyboard, but I'm probably gonna give it to my nephew for Christmas. He's been drooling over it since I showed it to him. :ROFLMAO:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Currently using the Corsair K95 and the Corsair M65 pro, they both work great for me. 2 years

IMG_20191204_015052-01.jpeg

Corsair k90 that's been going strong for over 7 years now. And a Logitech G502 Hero SE that I've had for maybe 3 weeks.

In the span of this keyboards life, I've gone through a Microsoft Sidewinder, Corsair m60, Corsair M65 and most recently I just retired my Mionix Naos 7000 which I've been using since 2016.

I prefer my keyboard on top of the desk, but I use the keyboard tray to hold a whole range of different controllers that can be connected to a USB hub depending on what game I'm currently playing.

Waiting on a Rama U-80. Thinking of using black ink or tealios switches ( lubed ). I have a couple GMK cap sets that I am waiting on as well ( 8008 and Draculas ). Also waiting on the Drop high profile laser edition ( purple ) with SA laser caps. I picked the halo true switches. I might make pandas out of them or just be lazy and leave the board as is. More of a linear fan really.

Currently though, Corsair k70 rapid fire and Corsair Scimitar ( black and yellow ). Thinking of getting another mouse too. Not sure what I want though.

Azio MGK1 Mech keyboard with Blue Kailh switches - been going strong 4 years now, probably the best KB I've ever owned.

Logitech G602 Wireless mouse after my EVGA Torq X5 died. Such an improvement - even with it being wireless.

I’m currently using the Razer Turret and Mamba Kit. Expensive, but It performs relatively good. Nice resounding mechanical noises produced from the Razer Greens. I took the Vespula base and used it underneath the keyboard as the keyboard natively designed palmrest is more style than comfort. They work well together. The Mamba is oka but it’s light and plastic feeling.

60C06371-8CE7-4296-8698-A4C37AA222F4.jpeg

Back