What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

I've only had this Model O mouse for literally one day, but it seems ok so far, aside from a slight rattle and the side mouse buttons move around a bit (which I have emailed Glorious about to see if it is at all normal).

No rattle, no 'buttons moving around', and none of that in the video reviews I've seen. Get your replacement in the mail!

I've noticed the shift from non-mech to mech is a huge difference, but not so much from mech to mech. It's like a mech is tasting salt for the first time, and then all the other types of salt (sea salt, Himalayan salt, coarse salt, etc) are the variants in the mech world.

Still I would like to try them all at some point, but that's not a reasonable goal anymore since the number of products has grown by an order of magnitude. :eek:

I'd argue that Cherry switches and some Alps are kind of in the same general family of switches. Buckling spring designs (model M and Model F) are very different though. Just as much if not more than cherry is from rubber dome.

Topre is also very different. In a way it may be closer to a rubber dome than it is a buckling spring.

No rattle, no 'buttons moving around', and none of that in the video reviews I've seen. Get your replacement in the mail!
Ya, just waiting on them to reply to my support email, (they said it could take up to 3 days due to high volume of emails they are receiving). Guess I'll have to play the wait and see game.

I'd argue that Cherry switches and some Alps are kind of in the same general family of switches. Buckling spring designs (model M and Model F) are very different though. Just as much if not more than cherry is from rubber dome.

Topre is also very different. In a way it may be closer to a rubber dome than it is a buckling spring.
Agreed. Topre is kinda in its own weird world too though. My hands do like them though. I want to get my hands on a classic 101 layout realforce (I hate the additional keys), but I never can find one.

Last edited:
After 12 years of using the MS Sidewinder X8, replaced it wil Steelseries Apex Pro. So far so good.

On my office machine, I'm testing out a Calibur TKL I got from Amazon. It's from a company called DREVO. Pretty cool so far.

The mechanical switches (no name) work well and have good feel / feedback for touch typing. It has built in RGB (but not programmable) and works great when I feel like turning off the office fluorescent lights to rest my eyes. Plus, it can work wired or as bluetooth 4.0 wireless as well.

My current office mouse is a simple Logitech USB mouse (B100). Perfectly good for office work but of course crap for gaming.

I'm loving mine, I hope your replacement is in good working order.
Yea, I'm diggin' it too. For sure going to replace my g403. I've also noticed that the RMB / LMB seem to be more firm than the 403, which is nice, it seems to make clicking fast easier.

The left and right buttons on my G203 are too light for my taste, and they're 'creaky' under lower pressure. Took me a while to figure out what was making the noise while wearing open cans.

I switched things up. I'm now using a Logitech G502 Hero mouse. I was having some issues with wireless on the G602. It wasn't often, but occasionally it seemed like it would cut out. That same mouse isn't doing that on my test bench though. I had three of those G602's going which shouldn't have been a problem, but it seemed to be. So far I like the G602. It has an almost MX500 style shape to it. It feels pretty good so far.

Currently using a Logitech G MX518 and Corsair K95 RGB (non-Platinum version with the 18 macro keys) with Cherry MX Brown switches.

I bought 2 MX518 Logitech mice over 10 years ago and they been so damn good I haven't really needed another, but maybe I'm ready now

My first time with a wireless mouse and as a Quake player I'm pretty impressed with the latency and response of this mouse, no difference to my wired mouse setup. It's a Logitech G305 with Artisan ZERO Yonsiki mouse feets (stock mouse feets are pretty bad) + Panasonic Eneloop PRO XX AAA rechargeable battery now 89g weiggt in total, that's pretty fine for me (my previous wired mouse - Nixeus Revel had 85g). Keyboard is a Ducky Miya Pro Panda Edition @ MX Black Switches + QMX clips.

dsc0023121.png

My first time with a wireless mouse and as a Quake player I'm pretty impressed with the latency and response of this mouse, no difference to my wired mouse setup. It's a Logitech G305 with Artisan ZERO Yonsiki mouse feets (stock mouse feets are pretty bad) + Panasonic Eneloop PRO XX AAA rechargeable battery now 89g weiggt in total, that's pretty fine for me (my previous wired mouse - Nixeus Revel had 85g). Keyboard is a Ducky Miya Pro Panda Edition @ MX Black Switches + QMX clips.

View attachment 170944

I like that setup. Cool looking board! And yeah, the G305 is great. I have the black one, though I mainly use it as my travel mouse. Incredible response, nice and lightweight.

So I got the replacement model O in the mail, and the rattle is gone, but the side buttons on this one have even more play in them than the first one lol.
Not gonna ask for another RMA, so I might have to open them up and frankenstein something together here....

We live on the "edge of civilization" so to speak, near a large city. So, there's tons of new subdivisions being developed around us - DUSTY and dirty because of that. I have an EVGA TORQ Carbon-10 mouse that I bought from EVGA for 99¢ (plus shipping). I was able to use Folding Points to get the price to that level. For a KB, I use Inland's. ... The cheapest I can find. When the Keyboards get too dirty, I simply toss the old and bring in a new one. Those cost about $3.99 currently, and I replace one about every 9 to 10 months. Anybody have a cheaper solution than that???

We live on the "edge of civilization" so to speak, near a large city. So, there's tons of new subdivisions being developed around us - DUSTY and dirty because of that. I have an EVGA TORQ Carbon-10 mouse that I bought from EVGA for 99¢ (plus shipping). I was able to use Folding Points to get the price to that level. For a KB, I use Inland's. ... The cheapest I can find. When the Keyboards get too dirty, I simply toss the old and bring in a new one. Those cost about $3.99 currently, and I replace one about every 9 to 10 months. Anybody have a cheaper solution than that???
Check dbwillis when he sells a bulk lot of mice and keyboards--he'll hook you up. :)

I replaced the defective switch on my PC Gaming Race modular keyboard and its working again. I had swapped in a different switch from elsewhere on the board and that didn't work, but I found a bag with two extra switches and one of those did the trick. I haven't had any problems now for over a week. So I'm using that keyboard and a Logitech G602 Hero.

Picked up a Glorious Model O yesterday. So far it's a noticeable improvement over my Rival 310 as far as comfort over long-term sessions goes. I don't like how slick the sides are, but I'll take the reduced weight over grip material.

20190722_075246.jpg 20190722_075229.jpg

Picked up a Glorious Model O yesterday. So far it's a noticeable improvement over my Rival 310 as far as comfort over long-term sessions goes. I don't like how slick the sides are, but I'll take the reduced weight over grip material.

View attachment 175726 View attachment 175725

In the Glorious Model O thread, it was suggested that the glossy versions would provide better grip. I went with the matte like the one that you posted pics of because I got a great deal on a brand new one from someone here. It's a great mouse but I can see how the glossy version might provide superior grip despite not being rubberized or textured.

Cheez-Its, how light do you need your mouse to be? With all the extra weights in my G502 it's still too damned light for me, and this thing weighs half of the G502 without any added weight.

Cheez-Its, how light do you need your mouse to be? With all the extra weights in my G502 it's still too damned light for me, and this thing weighs half of the G502 without any added weight.

You can get them even lighter ;)

Also, Glorious has a Model O- coming that is downsized a bit for those that use a compatible grip. The Model O is still larger than a G203, for example.

They do get credit for 100% knocking off the Final Mouse and reducing the price.

It's really funny how peoples preferences are different.

Personally I can't stand the modern super light mice. I got one of the new re-released MX518's. At 101g it was WAY too light for me, so I cracked the case open and added 85g of tungsten putty. Now at 186g it feels right :)

It's really funny how peoples preferences are different.

Personally I can't stand the modern super light mice. I got one of the new re-released MX518's. At 101g it was WAY too light for me, so I cracked the case open and added 85g of tungsten putty. Now at 186g it feels right :)
I guess you don't play multiplayer fps, because that would be awful with that mouse.

Been playing with a Glorious Model O for about a week now, but it just didn't feel right for me, and I'm not exactly sure why as it feels smoother on my mousepad than my previous mouse and it's quite a bit lighter as well. Guess the shape just didn't agree with me, even though I've played with a similar mouse that's close to the same shape (Finalmouse S1) and didn't have the problem I experienced with the Glorious Model O.
So I'm back to the weighty but trusty Logitech G403.

Last edited:
I guess you don't play multiplayer fps, because that would be awful with that mouse.

Been playing with a Glorious Model O for about a week now, but it just didn't feel right for me, and I'm not exactly sure why as it feels smoother on my mousepad than my previous mouse and it's quite a bit lighter as well. Guess the shape just didn't agree with me, even though I've played with a similar mouse that's close to the same shape (Finalmouse S1) and didn't have the problem I experienced with the Glorious Model O.
So I'm back to the weighty but trusty Logitech G403.

I don't think there are any absolutes like this. Mouse sensitivity and weight are preferences, not a scale from better to worse. I play much BETTER with a heavier mouse, even in multiplayer FPS titles.

I've noticed that lately a lot of people have changed how they move their mouse in gameplay. There has been a trend towards huge mouse surfaces and riding yout mouse around like a car, moving your entire arm. That's not how I play at all.

Now granted, I have very large hands and long arms, so maybe that is why, but my play style has always been with the base of my palm in a fixed position at the base of the mousepad. It never moves at all. I then move the mouse by gripping it between my thumb on one side and my pinky and ring finger on the other. None of the weight of my hand is ever resting on the mouse, except for maybe the index and middle finders resting over their respective mouse buttons. Mouse movement then occurs by twisting my wrist. The writst and base of the palm never move from their fixed postion in the center of the bottom of the mouse pad.

I typically calibrate mouse sensitivity such that each extreme (left or right) from the center represents 180 degrees of rotation. So, when my hand is as far left or right as it goes, I am looking straight behind the center position.

I find that I benefit from a heavy mouse as it is much more stable. Light mice move around too much, and even the act of clicking a mouse button causes the whole thing to move, so - for instance - my crosshairs move right when I ma shooting. I can't have that.

So, for me, the heavier the mouse, the better. Probably has to do with that many these days move their entire arms and have a lot more inertia. Since I am just twisting my hand to move the mouse it needs to be heavier.

Funny part is, I didn't realize everyone didn't play like I do until very recently. Last time I went to any kind of lan where I saw other people play was probably in 2003. I feel like just about everyone played like I do now back then. My non-existant exposure to others play style in that time meant I didn't realize things had changed.

I wonder why it has changed though. I find my method perfect :p

Logitech G603 + G613.

Wireless, comfortable, and battery life measured by the year. I've had this setup for around 2 years now (Christmas 2017) and I think I've recharged the AA batteries (four of them total between the KB and Mouse) twice. I bought some Ni-MH batteries when I first got the set, and it takes like ~4 hours to charge them and then they operate for ~9-12 months or so.

I don't think there are any absolutes like this. Mouse sensitivity and weight are preferences, not a scale from better to worse. I play much BETTER with a heavier mouse, even in multiplayer FPS titles.

I've noticed that lately a lot of people have changed how they move their mouse in gameplay. There has been a trend towards huge mouse surfaces and riding yout mouse around like a car, moving your entire arm. That's not how I play at all.

Now granted, I have very large hands and long arms, so maybe that is why, but my play style has always been with the base of my palm in a fixed position at the base of the mousepad. It never moves at all. I then move the mouse by gripping it between my thumb on one side and my pinky and ring finger on the other. None of the weight of my hand is ever resting on the mouse, except for maybe the index and middle finders resting over their respective mouse buttons. Mouse movement then occurs by twisting my wrist. The writst and base of the palm never move from their fixed postion in the center of the bottom of the mouse pad.

I typically calibrate mouse sensitivity such that each extreme (left or right) from the center represents 180 degrees of rotation. So, when my hand is as far left or right as it goes, I am looking straight behind the center position.

I find that I benefit from a heavy mouse as it is much more stable. Light mice move around too much, and even the act of clicking a mouse button causes the whole thing to move, so - for instance - my crosshairs move right when I ma shooting. I can't have that.

So, for me, the heavier the mouse, the better. Probably has to do with that many these days move their entire arms and have a lot more inertia. Since I am just twisting my hand to move the mouse it needs to be heavier.

Funny part is, I didn't realize everyone didn't play like I do until very recently. Last time I went to any kind of lan where I saw other people play was probably in 2003. I feel like just about everyone played like I do now back then. My non-existant exposure to others play style in that time meant I didn't realize things had changed.

I wonder why it has changed though. I find my method perfect :p

Not absolutes no, but it's always easier moving a lighter weight compared to a heavier one. In a high competitive fps game the lighter mouse would be the easier one to move to target when flicking.

I don't think that's a new thing.. A lot of Quake 3 players have been using big mousepads and big swinging movements with their mouse for a long time. I mostly use my wrist and little bit of arm depending on the gameplay of the shooter I'm playing.

You play with very high sensitivity which perhaps is easier to control with a heavier mouse, but I'd wager there is more negatives than benefits to that. Although it really depends how competitive you are.
I have a bigger hand than you, but prefer lighter weight and bigger mice like Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 and now Logitech G403 although not too happy about the weight of the G403 so thinking about doing some modding to it.
Would never be able to play with a tiny mousepad like you do. Back in the early days of my gaming I was using a 20x20 cm mousepad and only reason that was possible for me was because of mouse acceleration.

Not absolutes no, but it's always easier moving a lighter weight compared to a heavier one. In a high competitive fps game the lighter mouse would be the easier one to move to target when flicking.

I don't think that's a new thing.. A lot of Quake 3 players have been using big mousepads and big swinging movements with their mouse for a long time. I mostly use my wrist and little bit of arm depending on the gameplay of the shooter I'm playing.

You play with very high sensitivity which perhaps is easier to control with a heavier mouse, but I'd wager there is more negatives than benefits to that. Although it really depends how competitive you are.
I have a bigger hand than you, but prefer lighter weight and bigger mice like Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 and now Logitech G403 although not too happy about the weight of the G403 so thinking about doing some modding to it.
Would never be able to play with a tiny mousepad like you do. Back in the early days of my gaming I was using a 20x20 cm mousepad and only reason that was possible for me was because of mouse acceleration.

I don'/t know, wide angle phone lens and perspective may be throwing things off. That's one of Kyle's Ratpad's, which was considered fairly large, at least when it was new.

An unexpected "blast from the past" moment for me. I found my old Icemat glass mouse pad in a box in my attic today. There was a time when these were the most coveted mouse pads on the market. I probably could sell it for $100 or more. They're damn near impossible to find now.

im2.jpg

Old school meets new school! ;)

im.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, think I just found my next keyboard!! :)

Steelseries Apex Pro TKL

Well, I'm down for the switches and the build looks good- but other than the ability to set the backlighting to a soft white, the rest can go...

What I'd like to see: OLED and macro mess optional and a low-profile keycap option. I'm using a keyboard with low-profile browns (Hexgears X-1 with Kaihl switches) and I like the keycaps quite a bit. Switches, not so much, but I can make almost anything work.

Back