What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

j4bLbau.jpg

Vortex Pok3r RGB with pudding caps.

I'm running a Logitech 903 Lightspeed mouse and a 910 Spark RGB keyboard on my main rig. I've got a Das Keyboard Pro (old model from a few years ago) with a Swiftpoint Z Model 700 3D mouse (from Kickstarter) on my backup rig. I just got in today's mail a Das 5Q RGB keyboard (also from Kickstarter) which I'll try out later today.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3l7Jg9mzWk0AyvDA2

Attachments

• IMG_20180604_140846_748.jpg
    IMG_20180604_140846_748.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just bought and unboxed yesterday.. Ducky One2 skyline with PBT keycaps. So far so good! (MX-browns)

My previous rosewill mx-brown keyboard died after several years use.
Mouse is still wired logitech MX.

I am using the Eagletec KG011-RGB budget keyboard that has several manufacturers. I am very impressed with it. I had been using a box of 10 Internet KBs from Microsoft but moving up to a mechanical KB has been awesome. It uses the Outemu blue switches. I had thought of returning it and getting a KB with Cherry Blues, but it turns out I really like the feel of the switches and the keycaps, despite not being PBT. Plus you can just rinse it down apparently. For less than $50 couldnt recommend it more.

61m035jKA9L._SL1000_.jpg

I am using the Eagletec KG011-RGB budget keyboard that has several manufacturers. I am very impressed with it. I had been using a box of 10 Internet KBs from Microsoft but moving up to a mechanical KB has been awesome. It uses the Outemu blue switches. I had thought of returning it and getting a KB with Cherry Blues, but it turns out I really like the feel of the switches and the keycaps, despite not being PBT. Plus you can just rinse it down apparently. For less than $50 couldnt recommend it more.

View attachment 79212
Very nice! Yeah, really can't be beat for $50.

Very nice! Yeah, really can't be beat for $50.

Yeah really surprised how much I love it. Such a different experience than a dome keyboard and the tactile clickiness of the keys is just really sublime. I had sort of liked the Razer Blacwidow X chroma KB in the store but Amazon showed this as a flyer, so glad I did.

View attachment 79212
That looks a lot like a generic version Corsair's mechanical keyboards!

k70.jpg

That looks a lot like a generic version Corsair's mechanical keyboards!

View attachment 79334

Yes that looks extremely similar. I know that there are 2 or 3 different companies that essentially sell the same keyboard out of the same plant in Taiwan. The mounting plate definitely looks the same although that Corsair has more features. So it might be a knockoff of that KB, but it gets phenomenal reviews on Amazon and I really couldn't be happier with it. My only niggle is that white is not one of the preset LED colors. One of the other manufactures of same keyboard does include white. Debating picking that one up.

Older (5 yo?) Logitech G105
Pros: heavy keyboard feel to it - I learned to type on an IBM Selectric
Cons: sort of hard to clean; space bar doesn't always work

Thinking (hard) about a Corsair K70... but not the new LED model (lots of complaints on the Corsair Forum)
It has Cherry mechanical keys... so can go stiff, like Blue or Brown types
/waiting for Corsair's next Refurb discount sale

Someone (????) makes a bare-bones mechanical keyboard that could be fun to build an enclosure around - if done very Steampunk-ish

Tried & true Logitech G500S & a Monoprice RGB (lol) mechanical keyboard.

Got a very, very old Logitech G110 (2005?) w/ 100% working macro keys and space bar. Combined with a Razer Mamba Chroma that I can't stand. None of the macro's work any longer, and I have to change batteries more often than I have to change my socks, and I never joke about socks.

Last edited:
Keyboard Trusty Filco MT2 TKL (mx-red's , dampers, Vortex pbt double shot keycaps) mouse Steelseries Sensei 310

I'm quite pleased with the filco and w/ my new Sensei 310 (replaces a Zowie ZA11 that I don't like very much at all).
filco_310.jpg

Kinesis Freestyle Edge and a crappy ergo mouse that I want to replace. Love the keyboard but had a bit of a learning curve with some of the non-standard layout after using Microsoft Natural Keyboards for 21 years

I've already posted my mouse and keyboard, so now I'd like to present my just-finished DIY mouse bungee. I dub it "Class Incarnate."

20180712_032949.jpg

Just bought a Logitech G-Pro TenKeyless yesterday and so far I'm liking it. It doesn't have a wrist rest so I keep hitting the left Control button when typing and shortcut into a new Chrome window which is aggravating. It uses the Romer G switches which I do not really like that much. They're not smooth at all. They're like Reds but feel like they need to be oiled or something. They don't suck but they're not as much "fun" to type on as Browns or Blues. The Logitech Gaming software works great and is easy to use so it was no problem to get the backlighting to the color I wanted.

I guess I kinda like it but if I had it to buy all over again I probably wouldn't just because I don't like the feel of the keys. I like the looks, features and software a lot tho so I'm hoping the keys "break in" or something soon.

That all-white backlit board is just begging for a Mac keycap set, classic Univers 57 italic font justified in the lower-left and everything.

It's hard for me not to think of bitten fruit products when I see something so thoroughly white like that. Must be me thinking of their mid-2000s design phase still.

It's getting tougher to get wireless keyboards that still have a number pad on the far right. Feels like most of them are swapping to the smaller form factor.
As someone who games with the arrow keys, I need that number pad!

It's getting tougher to get wireless keyboards that still have a number pad on the far right. Feels like most of them are swapping to the smaller form factor.
As someone who games with the arrow keys, I need that number pad!
I just use a separate number pad when gaming or doing any calculations for work.

Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 w/Speed Switches (took a while to get used to these keys, if you blow on them they register, I really like them now though)
Mouse: Razer Death Adder Elite

Corsair k70 Lux with brown key switches, and a Logitech G9X (that I have repaired a few times over the years...) as well as a Logitech wireless M705 when not FPS gaming.

That's a pretty Ducky. I wonder how often you'll have to clean it though. My model M isn't bright white like that I still can tell when it's dirty. :oops:

Corsair Scimitar Pro, Corsair K55 tenkeyless mechanical, and a Logitech G13.

I've got most of my games set up so that the keyboard is never used except for actual typing.

IMG_20180905_200258374~2.jpg

Just recently tried a Cyberpower Skorpion K2 (https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/page/skorpion-k2/) that I got on here and my hands absolutely love it. Not sure if it's because of the switches (I have a lot of blue boards) or if it's because of the keycaps, but next to the model m, this is about as close to natively comfortable as my hands have come on a non-buckling spring keyboard.

A 60% Apple wireless keyboard (mechanical died) and a Deathadder 2013 edition. My IDGAF work setup.

I just replaced my Logitech G602 with another one. The old one developed an annoying double clicking issue on the left button.

I just replaced my Logitech G602 with another one. The old one developed an annoying double clicking issue on the left button.

I loved that mouse. Turns out that double clicking problem is common enough there are threads about how to fix it out there. I sourced the microswitch from digikey or mouser and just soldered a new one it and it works great again.

Then i lent that mouse to a friend and haven't seen it since.. hmm.

Old Logitech G11 Keyboard (Upgrading to a Hyper X Alloy Elite soon)
Logitech G9x Mouse (been a good one so I'm keeping for now)

Last edited by a moderator:
Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 (just killed it with Coffee, ordered a BlackWidow Chroma Elite to replace it).

Logitech MS Master V2 Mouse. There are a lot of stupid design points with this mouse, but I just can't live without logitech's flywheel-based speed scrolling wheel at this point.

Back