What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

Discussion in 'Mice and Keyboards' started by SamirD, Feb 13, 2018.

1. SamirD

SamirD 2[H]4U

I've noticed the shift from non-mech to mech is a huge difference, but not so much from mech to mech. It's like a mech is tasting salt for the first time, and then all the other types of salt (sea salt, Himalayan salt, coarse salt, etc) are the variants in the mech world.

Still I would like to try them all at some point, but that's not a reasonable goal anymore since the number of products has grown by an order of magnitude. :eek:

Keljian likes this.
  2. fst89lx

fst89lx n00b

Currently using a CM storm Quickfire XT w/ blue switches, and a Glorious model O mouse. This is the first mechanical keyboard I've ever had, and I really like it. Unfortunately though it appears that CM Storm doesn't make the Quickfire XT anymore, however the Masterkeys series looks to be it's replacement. Can anyone confirm this?

I've only had this Model O mouse for literally one day, but it seems ok so far, aside from a slight rattle and the side mouse buttons move around a bit (which I have emailed Glorious about to see if it is at all normal). The shape is quite a bit different from my g403 and will take a little getting used to.

SamirD likes this.
  3. IdiotInCharge

IdiotInCharge [H]ardForum Junkie

No rattle, no 'buttons moving around', and none of that in the video reviews I've seen. Get your replacement in the mail!

fst89lx likes this.
  4. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Official Forum Curmudgeon

I'd argue that Cherry switches and some Alps are kind of in the same general family of switches. Buckling spring designs (model M and Model F) are very different though. Just as much if not more than cherry is from rubber dome.

Topre is also very different. In a way it may be closer to a rubber dome than it is a buckling spring.

5. fst89lx

fst89lx n00b

Ya, just waiting on them to reply to my support email, (they said it could take up to 3 days due to high volume of emails they are receiving). Guess I'll have to play the wait and see game.

IdiotInCharge likes this.
  6. SamirD

SamirD 2[H]4U

Agreed. Topre is kinda in its own weird world too though. My hands do like them though. I want to get my hands on a classic 101 layout realforce (I hate the additional keys), but I never can find one.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 8:48 PM
  7. Wildwhippy

Wildwhippy Limp Gawd

After 12 years of using the MS Sidewinder X8, replaced it wil Steelseries Apex Pro. So far so good.

8. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

On my office machine, I'm testing out a Calibur TKL I got from Amazon. It's from a company called DREVO. Pretty cool so far.

The mechanical switches (no name) work well and have good feel / feedback for touch typing. It has built in RGB (but not programmable) and works great when I feel like turning off the office fluorescent lights to rest my eyes. Plus, it can work wired or as bluetooth 4.0 wireless as well.

My current office mouse is a simple Logitech USB mouse (B100). Perfectly good for office work but of course crap for gaming.

SamirD likes this.
  9. fst89lx

fst89lx n00b

Just a little update on my Model O. Glorious did get back with me and said they'll be sending me a replacement .

SamirD, Lateralus and IdiotInCharge like this.
  10. IdiotInCharge

I'm loving mine, I hope your replacement is in good working order.

11. fst89lx

fst89lx n00b

Yea, I'm diggin' it too. For sure going to replace my g403. I've also noticed that the RMB / LMB seem to be more firm than the 403, which is nice, it seems to make clicking fast easier.

12. IdiotInCharge

The left and right buttons on my G203 are too light for my taste, and they're 'creaky' under lower pressure. Took me a while to figure out what was making the noise while wearing open cans.