What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

Logitech G502 Hero mouse and G-Skill Ripjaws KM780 keyboard.

The keyboard is fantastic, great colours, durable LEDS, great patterns, it saves its config onboard and processes patterns onboard so works the same booting other OS's, but is "awfully" noisy for brown switches.
A friends corsair with the same switches is less than 1/2 as loud!
And they stopped updating the software over a year ago, they seem to have ended their keyboard adventure.

Those were cool looking keyboards.

Where's the noise coming from? (Yes, the keys :p) If the noise is the clack from the keys bottoming out, o-rings should greatly lessen that. But I know that on some boards, the keys themselves can be noisier than others when typing, even when not bottoming out.

Those were cool looking keyboards.

Where's the noise coming from? (Yes, the keys :p) If the noise is the clack from the keys bottoming out, o-rings should greatly lessen that. But I know that on some boards, the keys themselves can be noisier than others when typing, even when not bottoming out.
I forgot to mention, thats with double O rings on each key to keep the noise down lol.
Its really noisy.
The back plate for the keys seems to be a sounding board.

Wow!!

Well, never mind then hehe. Maybe I should try that on one of my boards - it's probably the only way I'll experience a double O.

Wow!!

Well, never mind then hehe. Maybe I should try that on one of my boards - it's probably the only way I'll experience a double O.
The downside of double O rings is a few keys will repeat until they get worn in for some time.
I still occasionally get a double space and its been over 2 years since they were fitted.
You can imagine it was worse.

I'm using cherry mx board 6.0. it was designed originally to have little input lag but I haven't noticed a difference. Lately it's been pressing double spaces when hitting the space bar amongst other strange anomalies. Too much masterbation at the computer, probably. I must repent.

I'm using cherry mx board 6.0. it was designed originally to have little input lag but I haven't noticed a difference. Lately it's been pressing double spaces when hitting the space bar amongst other strange anomalies. Too much masterbation at the computer, probably. I must repent.
Find something sticky to put on the switches.
There must be something easily at hand.

I've wanted to pick up a nice mechanical keyboard for a long while. I did test one for a bit, it had Cherry MX Red switches, but it was difficult to type on. I've heard Brown is a good mix for typing and gaming. My other issue is that I do not like installing a bunch of add-on software onto my machine so something like Logitech's ability to change the lighting without the software is a must. Suggestions?

I've wanted to pick up a nice mechanical keyboard for a long while. I did test one for a bit, it had Cherry MX Red switches, but it was difficult to type on. I've heard Brown is a good mix for typing and gaming. My other issue is that I do not like installing a bunch of add-on software onto my machine so something like Logitech's ability to change the lighting without the software is a must. Suggestions?

Yeah, Brown switches are good for gaming and typing. As are Clears. When I was using my Corsair K70 RGB with Browns, I installed the software onto a spare laptop and used that to configure the lighting profiles and then saved them to the keyboard's onboard memory. No need for the software after that unless you want to change the lighting profiles again. I believe other keyboards can do it without software but I can't recall which ones ATM.

Yeah, Brown switches are good for gaming and typing. As are Clears. When I was using my Corsair K70 RGB with Browns, I installed the software onto a spare laptop and used that to configure the lighting profiles and then saved them to the keyboard's onboard memory. No need for the software after that unless you want to change the lighting profiles again. I believe other keyboards can do it without software but I can't recall which ones ATM.

I did something similar. Installed the software in a VM which had just been snapshotted, passed through the USB keyboard, set it up the way I wanted it, then restored the VM to the snapshot before I installed the software, and connected the keyboard back to the main machine :p

I didn't know the profiles would save after you unplug it. The one Logitech that I was trying out would reset every time it was plugged back in, but I suppose since I never saved a profile it was just reverting to default. Good idea, thanks!

I didn't know the profiles would save after you unplug it. The one Logitech that I was trying out would reset every time it was plugged back in, but I suppose since I never saved a profile it was just reverting to default. Good idea, thanks!

Every design is different. The good ones have some internal flash that stores settings. I can't guarantee brands I'm not familiar with will do this though

Its a Vortex Vibe BTW.

ovQYBLB.jpg

Last edited:
Do the F keys work normally?

Yeah everything works normally. Hold down Fn and get the key alts. Num lock off is std nav with arrows. This keyboard is crazy solid. I got Cherry Clears for a brown+more weight feel. This thing is so much better than my CM Quick Fire Rapid. The SA key profile reminds me of the IBM Selectrics i learned to type on. Best non-pc hardware purchase since that mouse to its left.

Razer Ornato Chroma - LOVE the key switches !

Logitech MX Master 2S - LOVE the auto-scroll wheel!

May need to make a mouse change due to disability. Making new thread on that.

Update: Mouse = Razer LanceHead TE. I likes it !

Last edited:
Many of us change input devices on a regular basis, but many of us also use the same ones for years.

This thread is an opportunity for us to share what we're using right this second as well as maybe why, etc.

So post what you're using. (y)
-------

Mouse: Bloody SP80 (uses optical vs mechanical/Omron Switches in buttons) - absolutely love the mouse.
Keyboard: Zowie Celeritas II with optical switches and PS2 + USB (if don't have PS2).

Was using Razor Huntsman Keyboard (also optical switches), however, it's limited to USB and was having the odd issue of pressing a key once though it repeated as though a key was stuck.

Yeah everything works normally. Hold down Fn and get the key alts. Num lock off is std nav with arrows. This keyboard is crazy solid. I got Cherry Clears for a brown+more weight feel. This thing is so much better than my CM Quick Fire Rapid. The SA key profile reminds me of the IBM Selectrics i learned to type on. Best non-pc hardware purchase since that mouse to its left.
Nice! I'm gonna try one with Cherry Silvers.

You must have light fingers. Mine are like hammers. lol

These are heavy enough that I dont constantly bottom out, like I can actually hit the actuation point and feel the bump without hammering.

I love Clears! That particular kb wouldn't work for me, but I love the vintage/old school look. Did you get it from Massdrop? Pretty sure I've seen some like that on there, if not mechanicalkeyboards.com. I don't know now, lol. So many different keyboards these days, it's crazy.

You must have light fingers. Mine are like hammers. lol

These are heavy enough that I dont constantly bottom out, like I can actually hit the actuation point and feel the bump without hammering.
Yeah, my fingers like a light touch on the keyboard. Those heavier switches hurt my tender tips after a long game session.

I love Clears! That particular kb wouldn't work for me, but I love the vintage/old school look. Did you get it from Massdrop? Pretty sure I've seen some like that on there, if not mechanicalkeyboards.com. I don't know now, lol. So many different keyboards these days, it's crazy.
Amazon has them, too. A little more expensive than MechanicalKeyboards.com, but shipping is a lot faster. I'll get mine tomorrow.

Still no word on low profile keyboards aside from the Corsair. :(

Still no word on low profile keyboards aside from the Corsair. :(

This is really what I'm waiting for. Almost bought a Shine 7 RGB with PBT caps the other day but I know as soon as one of those LP boards comes out that appeals to me, I'll end up trying one out (and probably really enjoying it due to the slight reduction in key travel).

Lol, tender tips. :ROFLMAO:

This is really what I'm waiting for. Almost bought a Shine 7 RGB with PBT caps the other day but I know as soon as one of those LP boards comes out that appeals to me, I'll end up trying one out (and probably really enjoying it due to the slight reduction in key travel).

Lol, tender tips. :ROFLMAO:
Yup, that is my dream keyboard, too. Maybe if I buy something else, now, the karmic gods finally will force the release of an LP keyboard soon.

Razer deathadder for many years (multiple, typically they last 1-2 years before something breaks)
Das KB Model S Pro w/ cherry browns. Installed some thin O-rings to help with noise and bottoming-out.

Actually, I just want Ducky to release that awesome looking LP with PBT caps, dammit!!!! :rage:

Jus got an Asus ROG Spatha at $50 for a steal. Definitely the heaviest mouse I've used in a while, but absolutely superb, best-looking peripheral I've owned, and solidly built. Goes well with my Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical.

Jus got an Asus ROG Spatha at $50 for a steal. Definitely the heaviest mouse I've used in a while, but absolutely superb, best-looking peripheral I've owned, and solidly built. Goes well with my Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical (which finally retired my old Bloomberg).

Yeah, my fingers like a light touch on the keyboard. Those heavier switches hurt my tender tips after a long game session.

You definitely will NOT like The Razer ornata's and their Mecha-Dome keys. I love them but I need that heavy resistance now.

You are a prime customer for cherry red keys I think if you like that light touch.

You definitely will NOT like The Razer ornata's and their Mecha-Dome keys. I love them but I need that heavy resistance now.

You are a prime customer for cherry red keys I think if you like that light touch.
Cherry Silvers are my switch of choice. (y)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

My packaging was kind of dinged up, but the contents were good.
They never even delivered it. I just got an email from Amazon stating it was being returned to HK Keyboards due to shipping damage.

Back