What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

jtm55

Gawd
I'm now using a Avant Prime Programmable Keyboard & a Elecom Large size Trackball Mouse

Last edited:

atarione

2[H]4U
So... I did a thing, went looking on Amazon Japan and figured out this wasn't super expensive with current exchange rates ($145 shipped) 4 days from Japan to me today..

ARCHISS Quattro TKL w/ Trackpoint and the worlds smallest space bar (which so far ~5minutes using it isn't really a problem... ) anyways fresh out the box .. cherry mx-browns / dye sub pbt keycaps.. kinda of love it so far... but will see after the "Honeymoon" the track point is pretty cool also.

1660346418696.png

1660346827233.png

D-EJ915

[H]ard|Gawd
So... I did a thing, went looking on Amazon Japan and figured out this wasn't super expensive with current exchange rates ($145 shipped) 4 days from Japan to me today..

ARCHISS Quattro TKL w/ Trackpoint and the worlds smallest space bar (which so far ~5minutes using it isn't really a problem... ) anyways fresh out the box .. cherry mx-browns / dye sub pbt keycaps.. kinda of love it so far... but will see after the "Honeymoon" the track point is pretty cool also.

View attachment 500234

View attachment 500236
JIS single space backspace was always weird to me more than the bottom row keys, nice price though with a eraserhead.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm real curious on the longevity of the G502 lightspeed mouse with charge pad. Any one having any issues with the battery yet?
Considering going wireless, but am curious how long one should expect the battery life to be good. Switching out batteries on the fly is no bueno for me.

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]

View attachment 500234

View attachment 500236

That is interesting!

What kind of switches does that have?

I feel like I repeatedly would accidentally be hitting L-Button and R-Button while typing though :p

I'm also - unlike many in the tech world - not a nippophile, so I'd want to get a set of clean keycaps and get rid of all the katakana or hiragana (or whatever that stuff is) cluttering those things up, and make it look nice and clean.

I used to use a IBM Model M13 Trackpoint II back in the day:

5091177536_a2068d1217_z.jpg

I loved that keyboard, but honestly almost never used the trackpoint feature. I just liked that it was a black Model M. I wroe out the keycaps on it, and when I went to replace them found that I was getting the last replacement set in the world, so I cleaned it up and put it away and bought a Unicomp instead.

That was long ago though. Now I'm not even using the Unicomp anymore.

Last edited:

atarione

2[H]4U
That is interesting!

What kind of switches does that have?

I feel like I repeatedly would accidentally be hitting L-Button and R-Button while typing though :p

I'm also - unlike many in the tech world - not a nippophile, so I'd want to get a set of clean keycaps and get rid of all the katakana or hiragana (or whatever that stuff is) cluttering those things up, and make it look nice and clean.
Hello, Mine has MX-Brown switches.. however it is also available in the usual suspects of blue, red, silent red and of course as in my case brown switches.

I wanted something different so I got the JIS version on purpose... it is also available in a ANSI format as well... I may well get the ANSI one as well... Dang strong US dollar is making Amazon Japan a dangerous place for me to start looking around on.

1662148761776.png