What mini tx case should i get?

Schwizzle

n00b
Looking to get a new mitx build done soon but all of the cases I have seen are either the perfect size but have poor airflow (PC-TU 100) or amazing airflow,but too big (prodigy) what case would you guys suggest I get that has good airflow, but isn't the size of a mico atx case? I want somthing that is ultra portable and has the sleek minimalistic looks similar to the cases by corsair/fractal design/lian li/silverstone/ncase m1(which may or may not be sold again) thanks to anyone who responds to this!

Last edited:
The Small Form Factor section might be more helpful to you.

To answer your question, though, we'd need more info. What are your requirements for the case beyond mITX and what are you planning on using it for (gaming, general use, HTPC)? Do you need to support a GPU (if so, full or half height and how long)? How many hard drives do you want to put in it? Is there a specific fan size/number you are wanting?

This would be for gaming, the smaller the better as I gobto uite a few lan parties. I woukd like it to fit the evga 760 but in order to keep it small I will also allow the msi itx 760. I would probably only need one or two hard drive cages. I was looking at the pctu100 and I think with somw moding I can make it work, but I still want to see what you think.

The Ncase M1 you mentioned is probably the best one as far as size goes. A few are popping up on ebay if you really want it. I also recommend the Lian-Li Q25 as it is pretty small and has a minimalist look.

What is your budget?

I would be willinh to pay up to about 200 dollars, I've looked on ebay and thise are selling for 300+ I talked to the team makibg it and they may or may not do another crowddunding program this year.

If they make another production of M1's then I'm definitely buying in. Other than that, the aren't too many choices. Have you thought about the Silverstone FT-03 mini or SG05?

The FT-03 is nice, and im not a big fan of the SG05's appearance. How's the cooling on the FT03? it dosn't seem to efficient. Also have you heard any news about the Xigmatek Nebula?

Thanks! Ill probably get that then if the NCase never gets sold again or if a better option dosnt come up by the time I order parts. One more question. Newegg says that the pctu 100 can hold a 140mm fan but the lian li site says 120. Who is correct?

The Lian Li site, the case fan has a weird way of mounting for anti-vibration.

EVGA Hadron Air is an amazing case, has enough room to mount 2x120mm fans and comes with a low profile EVGA 500-Watt 80+Gold rated power supply. Fits and has enough power to run latest i7+GTX Titan if you want.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=110-MA-1001-K1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811205011

Price is around $190-200

I built one of these PC's for as brother in law's HTPC, great quality case, metal construction all around (except for glossy front), extremely quiet. I put 2x Noctua 120's and Noctua CPU cooler, 260GB SSD. Set them to silent mode with an i5-4670 and AMD 7770 and you can press you're head up against the case and wont hear a single thing on idle. In performance mode you have to be around 1 meter away to hear anything.

I've built about 8-9 HTPC's for people and this is by far my favorite one. Only downside is the glossy front end which some people don't like and the weight, since its all metal its a little heavy to lug around.

The Alienware X51 looks like a great modular PC, and I've heard nothing buy good things about it.
though its a little on the pricy side it can mount a GTX 760 and comes with an external 300w PSU.

Ncase M1 looks like an great case and I was looking to buy one. But you wont find it anywhere. The geniuses who designed the case had the bright Idea to only build 600 of them (correct me if I'm wrong) with an overwhelming demand still asking for these.

....snip...
Ncase M1 looks like an great case and I was looking to buy one. But you wont find it anywhere. The geniuses who designed the case had the bright Idea to only build 600 of them (correct me if I'm wrong) with an overwhelming demand still asking for these.
Watch yourself. They worked very hard for no financial gain at all to bring a very cool case to the community. That garners shit-ton more respect with people in general and on this forum than bad mouthing a creator/provider of a genius design.

And yes you are wrong on the total count of cases produced.

And a few have popped up eBay. 2 currently. So, wrong again.

1000 actually. And it was limited for two reasons: 1.) we needed to order a specific quantity, we couldn't just leave it open-ended, and 2.) to limit risk. Remember, there's just two of us, and this is the first time doing something like this for either of us, so we needed to be conservative about how we approached it and not take on more than we could handle. We're responsible for dealing with damaged, defective, or missing parts, so limiting it to 1000 units is a way of limiting exposure and ensuring that any potential problems are at a manageable scale.

1000 actually. And it was limited for two reasons: 1.) we needed to order a specific quantity, we couldn't just leave it open-ended, and 2.) to limit risk. Remember, there's just two of us, and this is the first time doing something like this for either of us, so we needed to be conservative about how we approached it and not take on more than we could handle. We're responsible for dealing with damaged, defective, or missing parts, so limiting it to 1000 units is a way of limiting exposure and ensuring that any potential problems are at a manageable scale.

Could you possibly get a list and see hiw many people want the case? If we have over the 200 minimum order from lian li do you think we could possibly do this again? Maybe get feedback from the users to see what changes should be made (or not). Either way I woiluld love to see this case avilable on the market again, and I'm sure many others would too! I feel though we should spread the word to other forums and sights (if you do this again). Anyway its a great case! Everything I've wanted in a case! So even if you don't do this again I just want to thank you for putting the time and effort into making this case! Who knows maybe some company's will be inspired to make good cases now brcause of you!

You guys did an awesome job It seemed like an great looking case and I wish I had heard about it sooner, I only found out about it 6-7 months after the kickstarter had ended.

I would have been more than happy to buy the case with an acknowledgment that the user is responsible for dealing with any damages/parts, use at your own risk. If it meant you could have produced a few more units.

As for CMadki4, ebay sellers are scalping these like crazy, last one I saw awhile ago went for over $550. while a good case, its terrible suggestion at that price.

You guys did an awesome job It seemed like an great looking case and I wish I had heard about it sooner, I only found out about it 6-7 months after the kickstarter had ended.

I would have been more than happy to buy the case with an acknowledgment that the user is responsible for dealing with any damages/parts, use at your own risk. If it meant you could have produced a few more units.

As for CMadki4, ebay sellers are scalping these like crazy, last one I saw awhile ago went for over $550. while a good case, its terrible suggestion at that price.
Yeah I wouldn't go for one at that price either. But there they are, none the less.

Back