What Mini ITX Card Would Perform Better Than a GTX660?

fn9

Weaksauce
I'm wondering what the modern mini ITX equivalent of my gtx660 would be.

Did you mean low profile?

On paper, it's a bit better than the current 1050ti and 1650, but those cards will most likely play better on newer games due to driver support.

You might want to wait for the rumored 1650 with GDDR6. That will surely be the fastest LP card.

there's a lot of "mini" GPUS that will destroy the GTX 660... and actually the better being the RTX 2070 mini or if you want to spend less the GTX 1660Ti mini will also perform much better than the oldie GTX 660

I'm wondering what the modern mini ITX equivalent of my GTX 660 would be.

'equivalent' cards performace wise would be GTX 950, RX 460/560, or GTX 1050. The 1050ti is a slight upgrade and a GTX 1060 is double the performance of a GTX 660 these days. 1660ti and above even more so.

So looking to replace an older card or upgrade?

Reactions: fn9
like this
Isn't there a 1080 mini card? Pretty sure that would be the best if I am understanding the question and remembering correctly

Mini ITX cases can hold a variety of sizes, you need to supply more info.

Either what case, or what length of Video card. Also PSU/power budget, and then of course cash budget.

I'm wondering what the modern mini ITX equivalent of my gtx660 would be.

We are missing information...

I'm going to make an assumption that you're that the card is sub 200mm in length, and two slot in width. That seems to be about the common reference for "ITX" graphics cards. That leaves 47 results on a New Egg search (New Egg seller only- USA).

GPUS include 2070,2060, 1660 (all variants), and some older cards. On the AMD side you have the RX570, 560, and some older cards.

I run a fury nano, works well and got it cheap. But like others, do you need single slot, half height or just short card?

Now that I think about it equivalent is kinda loaded as well. Equivalent based on current performance? Based on current GPU stack compared to 6xx stack? Based on price alone?

Powercolor has a Radeon RX 5700 ITX GPU...

But you have to order it from Japan...

Back