What memory is better? G.Skill Trident RGB or Corsair Vegence LED

Given that both are PC3200 and both Gskill and Corsair are known to be quality RAM OEMs, performance wise I expect them to be very similar. Thus, it comes down to aesthetics and in that case, I'd say stick with the GSkill because ut can be customized to any color lighting thanks to the RGB built in. That particular Corsair model is single color LED instead. Now, Corsair is planning to offer a RGB lighting RAM kit themselves, so that would be a more apples-to-apples comparison if it was available, but if you bought the single color Corsair Vengeance LED, I'd send it back and keep the Gskill.

Given the numerous reports of problems turning off the annoying pulsing LED lighting and poor reputation of the Corsair Link Software which may be needed to be actively running to control the LED's, I'd avoid Vengeance LED.

How about a memory from top tier manufacturers? Why the hell do you need blinking LEDs on your memory chips?

GSkill is more costly. But performance wise both are similar. I would prefer Corsair as I have already used it before. In the end it is all about preference.

The Corsair is better.....

But only because it's cheaper. Honestly, the're going to be the same.
Oh - did you know the "shroud" over the led bar on the Corsair can be removed?
You end up with sticks that look more like the solid light bar on the G.Skill....

Back