What manufacturer are you planning on buying your R600 from?

What manufacturer?

• Sapphire Technology

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • ATI

Votes: 37 36.6%
  • MSI

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Diamon

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • GeCube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asus

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Conncet3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HIS

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • PowerCooler

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Spoudazo

Gawd
Just curious what manufacturer you planning on buying your R600 from. I have used Nvidia for a while, and basically always buy eVGA cards, but not sure what the ATI equivalent of eVGA is (or the closest). :)

Spoudazo said:
Just curious what manufacturer you planning on buying your R600 from. I have used Nvidia for a while, and basically always buy eVGA cards, but not sure what the ATI equivalent of eVGA is (or the closest). :)

What ever one has the best price.

But if you have quality control problems at a manufacturer, then you'll be spending more money in headaches and shipping (RMA). :)

The last 2 ATi cards I've bought have been BBATi, so I think if I decide to get an R600 (doubt it though, at least not initially; my x1950 XTX is more than enough for my 17" CRT :p), I'll continue my trend.

If the cooler is as nasty as the x1900xt, then HIS. Otherwise, Sapphire/ATI.

Sapphire, HIS, or ATI

btw, how do you pronounce HIS? Is it like "That is his ball", or is it H.I.S, you say each letter?

So I was informed that the majority of ATI cards are actually produced by Sapphire, but are then distributed by various vendors. :)

I have a sapphire card and I've overclocked and abused it like nuts, still works perfect. I'll stay with sapphire till they do me wrong.

That's_Corporate said:
I have a sapphire card and I've overclocked and abused it like nuts, still works perfect. I'll stay with sapphire till they do me wrong.

I've got two Sapphire cards (an X600Pro and an X1900XT), and the only issues I've got is that they have weird looking aliens rather than sexy wimmen on their HSFs.

Plus they typically have the best prices.

alan.p said:
I've got two Sapphire cards (an X600Pro and an X1900XT), and the only issues I've got is that they have weird looking aliens rather than sexy wimmen on their HSFs.

Plus they typically have the best prices.

Agreed. Which is why I decided to put a zalman cooler on mine.
Get rid of those androganous looking aliens...
If sapphire had cooler box art they would be #1.

I had good luck with the PowerColor cards I've used in the past. I'll likely stick with them...or whatever "good" brand is cheapest. I use h2o, so a funky cooler won't do me much good.

Need to wait and see what comes out. I'm interested in a video card which cools by venting hot air directly out the back of the case, like my Sapphire X1950 XT. If Sapphire comes out with a similiar cooling solution, I'll probably go for that.

Jalidi said:
Need to wait and see what comes out. I'm interested in a video card which cools by venting hot air directly out the back of the case, like my Sapphire X1950 XT. If Sapphire comes out with a similiar cooling solution, I'll probably go for that.
I don't think they're much of a choice on the high-end cards anymore; dissapating 200+ watts of heat into the case doesn't bode well for anyone >.<

what if the R600 turns out to be an overpriced turd with inferior performance, price and image quality to the 8800? I'm not saying this to flame, only to say that it's a bit ridiculous to plan purchases of products that have no confirmed specifications, results or price. I'm holding out on buying any DX10 card until I see what both sides bring to the table. But that's cuz I'm not a hapless fan boy. :rolleyes:

Zinn said:
what if the R600 turns out to be an overpriced turd with inferior performance, price and image quality to the 8800? I'm not saying this to flame, only to say that it's a bit ridiculous to plan purchases of products that have no confirmed specifications, results or price. I'm holding out on buying any DX10 card until I see what both sides bring to the table. But that's cuz I'm not a hapless fan boy. :rolleyes:

You realise thats what 90% of the people whjo are posting here are talking about... there waiting for them to come out and see which is better and IF the R600 is better what brand they will get... Serously, theres plenty !!!!!!'s but still.

I will buy from whichever one has a good price but most importantly a lifetime warranty. With BFG and EVGA offering those I think more ATI vendors need to as well.

Probably going Sapphire way if R600 rocks otherwise 8800GTS seems reasonable.

About those people who need life-time warranty. Exactly how many have ever RMA:d a card say 10 years old? What do you get in return? After 2 years those cards are alrdy worthless so why need life time warranty?

Not bashing or anything, just curious. I they send you say current middle range card to replace your 10y old hot rod, then it sounds sweet.

I thought that those with a lifetime warranty gave you an up to date card. Either way, if I pay $300 + for a product I expect it to last a long time. I would be pretty mad if my $450 gfx card died in two years. Many of us don't upgrade very often.

Not getting a R600 anytime soon. But if I were to get one, I'd go with Sapphire. I've owned 2 Sapphire cards (9800Pro, X1900XT) and installed 1 (X800Pro) for my father, they all ran flawlessly. Next, Connect3D. Their X800XL that I owned was a real champ. :)

Never had any problems with these guys.

Back