What longshot coins are you sitting on? Here's mine

XRP up over $1!

It'll probably sit there for a while then jump again when it hits Coinbase (if the rumors are true). I should have bought more when it was under $.70.

TRON has been going crazy again. It's dropping sharply now, and will likely jump early tomorrow morning when it hits OKEX. Daytraders take note!

Speaking of a longshot, anyone know anything about Gifto? They partnered with Tron a while back, and it looks like they'll supply a piece of Tron's larger vision. Their ICO sold out in just a few minutes, the coin dropped fairly far after the public release (but not too much), but I don't know anything about the people involved. Worth throwing a few pennies into?

Sitting on about 7500 XRP. Half were from my Zcash mining payouts when XRP was $0.15 to $0.21, and the other half I just bought at $0.91ea by trading in my LTC from riding the wave up from a $700 initial investment, trading ETH and LTC back and forth. I'm up over 1000% lol.

Bought 22000 ripple at $.20/each. Been buying and selling it to increase my position. Sitting on 26567 ripple and debating on selling it now to get into BCC.

I'd sit on ripple until at least February. Past that, nothing is certain.

Anybody on here going truly NUTS on over diversification do you have google hangouts? I could really use some help tuning my criteria for my mass buyer. Basically I transfer an amount of BTC over to one of my supported exchanges. In the first test case it was $500 worth of BTC. I then had it buy $10 worth of 50 coins. Right now my criteria is over 15BTC in volume the past 24 hours. On bittrex I think I'm bumping this up to about 100BTC for my next purchase due to the sheer number of coins. From there I'm merely sorting by how many coins I can buy which is a simple method of trying to really fish for bargain basement coins. Ripple and some of the others I bought for pocket change have been treating me very well.

I'm going to publish something to Azure this weekend for a super small beta once I get a few more details hammered out. I'm using 2 different API's. one is set to only retrieve balance and I am saving/storing that. There's a second one that gets used which has TRADE access but not withdrawal or anything like that. Then nothing works if you don't have a BTC balance available. Right now it just buys that $10 worth of each coin till it runs out of BTC. After gathering a ton of coins its all about quickly being able to see my balances in USD and have proper sorting/searching on my balances. Later on will be charting the balances over time and some other cool stuff but its off to a decent start.

Sad I only bought 600 ripple at $.44. So you guys thing tron(TRX) will moon?

Well, at least XRP is still close to $1. :p I think it was the only coin to stay green last night.

Bought 22000 ripple at $.20/each. Been buying and selling it to increase my position. Sitting on 26567 ripple and debating on selling it now to get into BCC.
Damn, and i thought i was doing good with my 2800 XRP lol.

I'm still surprised at how good of an idea taking that quarter of a Bitcoin and sticking it into ripple turned out to be.
I did the same thing, bought some btc when it was 2k and held till now and used some of that proft and put it into ripple a day before it blew up and im happy with the return

Sad I only bought 600 ripple at $.44. So you guys thing tron(TRX) will moon?

Still more XRP than I've got, and I bought in at $.70.

As for TRX, we might know a bit more in the coming days. Stupid competition with binance is over tomorrow, and code goes public on the 29th.

You guys think ripple will go higher?

Also anyone know anything about verge coin(XVG) and why it’s gaining steam??

Last edited:
Few days back, McAfee plugged XVG and it went ballistic, but was it really him?
https://www.rt.com/news/414497-mcafee-twitter-hacked-cryptocurrency/

I have no idea what follows next was posted by the real McAfee on the 27th,
or by one of his slightly less sinister evil clones:

>I have NEVER, at ANY time predicted XVG would reach a price of $15. The Oracle
>Times did not bother to even confirm it was a fake McAfee account: this is why we
>have check marks.

>I did say XVG could possibly rise to $0.15 from the $0.01 that it was at the time,
>but, for God's sake - never $15.

Last edited:
My longterm coin is Straks. The features are insane and you can get it for cheap now if you buy Signatum and swap them for straks on their discord. It's a 4:1 ratio, but the straks are paid out monthly over a few years. When you consider straks is going for over a buck each and signatum is less than 2 cents, the potential is crazy.

Few days back, McAfee plugged XVG and it went ballistic, but was it really him?
https://www.rt.com/news/414497-mcafee-twitter-hacked-cryptocurrency/

I have no idea what follows next was posted by the real McAfee on the 27th,
or by one of his slightly less sinister evil clones:

>I have NEVER, at ANY time predicted XVG would reach a price of $15. The Oracle
>Times did not bother to even confirm it was a fake McAfee account: this is why we
>have check marks.

>I did say XVG could possibly rise to $0.15 from the $0.01 that it was at the time,
>but, for God's sake - never $15.
McAffee blackmailing Verge for money? I've heard he is pretty scummy. https://www.finder.com.au/verge-mcafee-blackmail
Verge technical fundamentals aren't as good as other privacy coins. Amazing what hype can do.

I think Ripple will bypass/replace Bitcoin. I'd be a multi-millionaire if I actually HEDL. Should have grabbed it when it was fractions of a penny, but it wasn't on the exchanges I was on. Darnit!

I think Ripple will bypass/replace Bitcoin. I'd be a multi-millionaire if I actually HEDL. Should have grabbed it when it was fractions of a penny, but it wasn't on the exchanges I was on. Darnit!

Every altcoin has had its fanboys swearing that their precious would take over the world and be "the new Bitcoin" at some time or another. Not gonna happen, Bitcoin is king.

And hypothetically if something were to "replace" it (whatever that means, since it can mean many things - market cap? household name?), it would signal nothing less than the total failure and end of cryptocurrency, especially if it was something as lame and centralized as XMR.

Last edited:
Every altcoin has had its fanboys swearing that their precious would take over the world and be "the new Bitcoin" at some time or another. Not gonna happen, Bitcoin is king.

And hypothetically if something were to "replace" it (whatever that means, since it can mean many things - market cap? household name?), it would signal nothing less than the total failure and end of cryptocurrency, especially if it was something as lame and centralized as XMR.
All that matters is to have a large enough market cap to force people to accept it and for it to be able to actually handle being a transaction network. Even if lightning makes it we've seen with segwit how it just won't actually be in use for a year or more after release.

You're selling crypto short on the failure part but yes at this point its like bing trying to replace google for googling things or some random facial tissue trying to replace Kleenex.

I'd be willing to venture XRP will overtake BTC in market cap this year. Anyone willing to wager?

What i did read is that Peter Theil ain't too hot on anything but BTC.

I wonder what his favorite alts are.

That's the billion dollar question. :D

XRP hit over $3.20, I wish it would jump to $15 like some of the other shit coins. It's the only one I got into.

XRP hit over $3.20, I wish it would jump to $15 like some of the other shit coins. It's the only one I got into.
Might be a long way off, but as soon as this year if their business contracts go according to plan. They will soon release the 2017Q4 report which will boost XRP price, more exchanges and markets will be adding XRP which will boost its price, Ripple still hasn't announced the two "household" name companies it is signing contracts with, Japan trials will complete in 28 days which will likely boost price, and we still haven't heard a denial from Coinbase on them adding XRP. We've got some mooning yet to do. This doesn't even include more bank contracts.

Might be a long way off, but as soon as this year if their business contracts go according to plan. They will soon release the 2017Q4 report which will boost XRP price, more exchanges and markets will be adding XRP which will boost its price, Ripple still hasn't announced the two "household" name companies it is signing contracts with, Japan trials will complete in 28 days which will likely boost price, and we still haven't heard a denial from Coinbase on them adding XRP. We've got some mooning yet to do. This doesn't even include more bank contracts.
It really does have a shot at catching up to bitcoin in market cap. I sold out a reasonable chunk of my holdings after riding it up. I'm down to only 300 coins right now. Even if it were to disappear tomorrow I've profited off of ripple a very decent amount. I only put about $40 into it (long enough ago) This 300 coins is my HODL amount. Nothing short of $100 a coin would convince me to sell that 300 coins. Even then I'd probably only pull out half.

and we still haven't heard a denial from Coinbase on them adding XRP. We've got some mooning yet to do.

Actually we did, yesterday, that they're "not adding any new coins any time soon".

I wish it would jump to $15 like some of the other shit coins.

Not with its absurd issuance and circulating supply. Keep in mind that value is roughly marketcap divided by circulating supply.

there are a few articles on xrp over at coindesk a day or two ago, you may want to read it. basically ripple company has product that subs for swift transactions, sort of like a secure two way instant messaging service and this is what banks use, no banks use xrp. all the bank deals are for the messaging software. so it's like that burger chain adding a reward program using blockchain or the tea company that put blockchain in their name to pump their stocks up. same with ripple and xrp just way more successful.

Actually we did, yesterday, that they're "not adding any new coins any time soon".
That is not a denial, that's a cya statement due to their alleged insider trading with Bitcoin Cash.

Reactions: NLW
like this
That is not a denial, that's a cya statement due to their alleged insider trading with Bitcoin Cash.
after how badly their systems handled cash and how badly they're holding up to everything they can't add anything for a while.

after how badly their systems handled cash and how badly they're holding up to everything they can't add anything for a while.
I would agree, which is why they have been spending millions on upgrading their systems and hosting.

if you read the criteria coinbase uses to determine listing you'll find xrp will have a hard time passing the very first question and the second and....

coinbase framework

if you read the criteria coinbase uses to determine listing you'll find xrp will have a hard time passing the very first question and the second and....

coinbase framework

In all likelihood, that's a rubric used to begin a discussion among the people who actually decide, and nothing more. I have not doubt they can overlook a "bad mark" in one area if there is a competing benefit in another area. If XRP is going to make them much more money than other competing coins, and Ripple is showing evidence that they plan to, e.g., decentralize over time, what you or I think about how they score on that question doesn't matter; it'll be listed.

I'm still expecting to see new coinbase listings this month. They just want to let this BCH debacle die down a little, focus on preparing to deal with increased traffic, and then get new coins on board ASAP. Every day they delay, it's lost revenue. But if they're not prepared to meet demand, it's bad PR. Somewhere is the tipping point in that balance, and I don't think it's too far off.

In all likelihood, that's a rubric used to begin a discussion among the people who actually decide, and nothing more. I have not doubt they can overlook a "bad mark" in one area if there is a competing benefit in another area. If XRP is going to make them much more money than other competing coins, and Ripple is showing evidence that they plan to, e.g., decentralize over time, what you or I think about how they score on that question doesn't matter; it'll be listed.

I'm still expecting to see new coinbase listings this month. They just want to let this BCH debacle die down a little, focus on preparing to deal with increased traffic, and then get new coins on board ASAP. Every day they delay, it's lost revenue. But if they're not prepared to meet demand, it's bad PR. Somewhere is the tipping point in that balance, and I don't think it's too far off.
OR if XRP is closing in on the bitcoin market cap any discussion about passing on it comes to a very quick end. They are a business and there's clear massive demand which they can't ignore.

Back