What Lian Li case is this? I must have it

vapb400

Gawd
IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

http://vr-zone.com/?i=3732&s=5

I was hoping it was mini-itx but looking at the 3rd photo I am not so sure. Anybody have any ideas? Maybe its a drive enclosure? but i doubt it
'

That is super cramped.. You think 9 inch long cards will fit in there with two (assuming) DVD drives?

If You ask me it ain't SFF case at all. It is a external drives case.

My 2 cents.

MD

my guess....its an SFF case.

if it was an external HD rack ....why the audio-out/card reader ports? <----possible for a rack or NAS to have those feautures....but not likely.

Firelord said:
Duplicator case? looks like a small controller board at the back
Not with audio, usb ports and a multimedia card reader up front. Its some form of SFF. Maybe a proprietary design for an HTPC using ITX?

-E

sleepeeg3 said:
That's what I was thinking. ITX blargh.
Blargh nothing! Three cheers!!! The mITX market has been in need of a sexy looking case for a loooong time. Up until now, we've been forced to pay top dollar for propietary pieces of junk. I payed 85 freaking dollars for this POS. And when I say that's a POS, I mean it (seriously, the plastic on the front is falling off). Kudos to LL for pulling through, I just might be getting this.

Damn it's nice..... There goes my SG01.... which I just bought

InorganicMatter said:
Blargh nothing! Three cheers!!! The mITX market has been in need of a sexy looking case for a loooong time. Up until now, we've been forced to pay top dollar for propietary pieces of junk. I payed 85 freaking dollars for this POS. And when I say that's a POS, I mean it (seriously, the plastic on the front is falling off). Kudos to LL for pulling through, I just might be getting this.
Well, I don't imagine the quality is any better since it's made by the same company, but I always liked the Venus: http://www.logicsupply.com/product_info.php/cPath/23_85/products_id/134 How good does the quality really have to be though? It just holds your components in. Superglue. ;)

Don't exepect a Lian Li case to be cheap. Some people inexplicably pay more for the name, just because they had some of the first aluminum cases on the market. Then one guy brags about how much more he wasted on his boxy case than the next guy and the name is immortalized. So I guess that makes them special.

microATX and mini ATX are both wider then DVD drive. There is no way in hell any mobo fits there. If it's USB 2.0 external case then it can have a emmory card reader and Audio card and two IDE devices easy. PCB You can se ain't mobo either. It has USB pin headers though. Also lowest device is a memory card reader and it leaves maybe a 2/3 of a inch hight from bottom to a reader. Mobo and other electronic PCB's need some distance between them and ground planes hence 5 mili for distance and 2 mili for PCB and 4 mili for socket and 4 mili for CPU makes 15 mili from 20 mili occupided and it would leave 5 mili thickness for CPU cooler yess right. That aint SFF it's a external drive case.

PCB on pic is definitly just for power and interfaces. Also cooling is not there. Imagine meltdown of a so small SFF without single fan.
Also where is a PSU? Well for external drives they use smal PCB's that deliver 25 watt with dual voltage (mostly Meanwel I've used in my stuff to)

Simply add volumes of a PSU, cooling for CPU, Cooling for system and mainboard and two big drives and one small drive and hdd and You will see this is not posible.

BTW where would You build in HDD? I doo not see place for it.

There are though even smaller mini PC's but this ain't on of them. Aopen makes those little Centrino PC's and they are realy small. People use them for carputers.http://minipc.aopen.com/us/

MD

Back