What laptops have Geforce 6800 ultra go's ?

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Anyone seen one ?

Rob.

P.S. Any reccomendations for a pentium-m based laptop that is decent @ gaming and sub $1500? I would LOVE if it could get 6+ hours battery life (even if it requires two batteries) for non-gaming tasks.

Are those two questions unrelared? I doubt you'll find a laptop with a go 6800 that is either sub-1500 or decent battery life.

If you can knock up for price to 1800, see if you can find an Acer Travelmate 8103

And I think Falcon Northwest sells laptops with the go 6800. (definitly not in your pricerange though)

SidewinderX said:
Are those two questions unrelared? I doubt you'll find a laptop with a go 6800 that is either sub-1500 or decent battery life.
I agree with the first part but not the second part. A P-M/go 6800 laptop can have decent battery life (not while gaming of course... plug it into the wall for that, like any other laptop).

Unfortunately, it seems like all the inital go 6800 laptops are just desktop chipsets and "mobile P4" CPUs (or regular Prescott CPUs) shoved into a large laptop case: http://www.nvidia.com/page/go6800_partners.html The prices are all over $2000 (Falcon is the most expensive at $4500 :rolleyes: ). I'll wait until Dell carries it, probably as an option in the 9200 or a new model. The Inspiron XPS is overpriced, but it will probably also be an option in that laptop.

You might have let him know the Acer TM8103 has a Mobility x700. :p

Ok, do people not read the damn specs of gfx cards? I mean not to jump on you but look at the power requirements of the gpu. It is higher than a pentium-m. You will not find these p-m laptops anytime soon. They are not ment for that market.

The 6800 Ultra Go is rumored to exist. It will supposedly be in the new Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2. Full 16 pipes opened with GDDR3 ram. Also so far looks like a Dell only product along the lines of the MR9800. Guess we will have to wait and see if its all true.

Scroll through this thread for rumors, pics and details:
http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=57308&page=4&pp=15

CyberCRAP said:
Ok, do people not read the damn specs of gfx cards? I mean not to jump on you but look at the power requirements of the gpu. It is higher than a pentium-m. You will not find these p-m laptops anytime soon. They are not ment for that market.
Just like you won't find a Mobility 9800 in a P-M laptop, right? :rolleyes: There is nothing to prevent the use of a go 6800 in a P-M laptop.

Only on a Sonoma based P-M though. And even then, those are near non-existent. If you were to put it on the existing stock of 855 based P-M's the manufacturer would have to include a PCIE bridge chip, and I don't see that as being too practical in a notebook scenario.

The Dell M70 notebook has the Nvidia Quadro 1400, which is equivalent to the 6800 Go. The M70 is Dell's new Sonoma-based workstation notebook.

Voodoo has the 6800Go Ultra... but whether it's really an ultra or just a regular 6800Go OCed themselves, i don't know.

And a 6800Go notebook for under $1500? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I just got my Alienware 7700 with a GDDR3 GF 6800... It friggen rocks! Not close to the $1500 price range though :p

At a recent press conference, Nvidia said that a laptop with the Geforce Go 6800 Ultra will be announced on Thursday (2/24). They didn't name the company, but it might be the new Dell 9300 or XPS 2.

Intel® Pentium® M 770 Processor (2.13GHz/533MHz FSB) [add $300 or $9/month1]
Intel® Pentium® M 760 Processor (2GHz/533MHz FSB)

The video card is a win, but 300 bucks between the 2.0GHz and the 2.13GHz = sadface :(

CyberCRAP said:
Hahaha, if you want to get technical, yes it is a p-m notebook. However, i guess i should have expanded my statement a little. That thing is 2in thick and over 9lbs. It is p-m in name only.
1.67" thick and 8.5 pounds with the battery and optical drive. You're so wrong in fact that nvidia said that the go 6800 Ultra WILL NOT be appearing in any P4 laptops. LOLOLOLOLOL

Your arguments are ridiculous. Yes, a laptop with a P-M CPU is only a P-M in name, not because it uses a P-M CPU and P-M chipset. :rolleyes:

pxc said:
1.67" thick and 8.5 pounds with the battery and optical drive. You're so wrong in fact that nvidia said that the go 6800 Ultra WILL NOT be appearing in any P4 laptops. LOLOLOLOLOL

Your arguments are ridiculous. Yes, a laptop with a P-M CPU is only a P-M in name, not because it uses a P-M CPU and P-M chipset. :rolleyes:
Somebody just got totally owned....

GeForce Go 6800 Ultra: Powering the Dell Inspirion XPS Gen 2

We aren't likely to see the Go 6800 Ultra paired with anything but a Pentium M due to the TDP requirements of vendors. Mobile Pentium 4 and Mobile Athlon 64 parts are still too hot to be able to economically run a Go 6800 Ultra as well.

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra: Gaming On Dell's Inspiron XPS Gen 2

For now, the GeForce Go 6800 Ultra will be available exclusively in Dell's Inspiron XPS Gen 2, but NVIDIA tells us other notebooks featuring this GPU should arrive in the coming months.

pxc said:
Just like you won't find a Mobility 9800 in a P-M laptop, right? :rolleyes: There is nothing to prevent the use of a go 6800 in a P-M laptop.

Well, have you seen an MR9800 in a P-M lappy?

CyberCRAP said:
Hahaha, if you want to get technical, yes it is a p-m notebook. However, i guess i should have expanded my statement a little. That thing is 2in thick and over 9lbs. It is p-m in name only.

LOLOLOL now that's lame.

Back