What laptop bag is good?

I have a eMachine m6810 that has a 15.'4" widescreen. I need some suggestions on what bag I should get to carry it. I am going to college so I would like to have a bag that can both hold my laptop as well as my schoolwork.

Thanks in advance.

I'm interested in this as well. I have an M6805 and need a bag. I don't want anything too "briefcase like" and I'm not sure if I want to go to the backpack style either. I'd really like a messenger bag style or something someone casual looking. I will primarly be using it for school, but I need to be able to bring it into work and look at least somewhat professional. I work in IT, so it's not like I have to have a strict business appearance, but I don't want to look like a kid coming home from school either.

i'm considering getting a timbuk2 commute for my t42 15in, but after seeing the reviews for the spire endo, i'm interested in seeing what the new revision looks like

Asian Fury said:
i'm considering getting a timbuk2 commute for my t42 15in, but after seeing the reviews for the spire endo, i'm interested in seeing what the new revision looks like

me too, i been waiting forever :(

I'll have to recommend anything by Crumpler. It's a bit expensive, but hey, you get what you pay for. It is extremely durable, and I've been walking in the rain with every day for about a week now, it still looks like new.

Very comfortable also, and they look good, too.

I have an emachines m5209, and I just love my Wenger Swiss Gear backpack. It has several, well designed pockets. The zipper closest to your back holds the laptop (it has enough room to where i dont have to remove my orinoco pcmcia card) and has a few pockets and a zippered pouch for the ac adapter. The next zipper has enough room for a binder (thats what i keep in there). The next zipper holds another binder or book. Then the last zipper holds small things (my usb pen drive, digital camera, etc. There is also a quick access pouch on top (i keep my GPS and external antenna in here). On the sides, there are two more zippers and pouches for water bottles and what not. Great backpack case.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1077630481064&skuId=6564611&type=product

I can take some pictures if you want some.

I just purchased one of those swiss army bags that was mentioned ealier in the post. Very good engineering and construction. I didnt remove the tags yet, I think I'm gonna purchase one of those booq bags and compare the two then return the one that I like less. I took alot of pics if the swiss army bag if anyone wants them.

I have a Targus backpack which is kind of like this but it seems different, as if they have changed the design a bit.

It has lots of storage space for all my accessories and It generally provides adequate protection to the laptop. I don't feel comfortable loading it down with books though, especially if I put the bag down and lay it down on it's back because then that's putting a lot of pressure on the laptop. For just carying around the laptop and it's accesories, and maybe 1 light binder it's nice though, holds everything and it's comfortable. I've had it for just about a year now and I use it almost every day to go back and fourth to school, between classes etc. and my laptop still looks new. I'd reccomend it.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...id=0665000FS10016781&catid=10651&newdeptid=2#

Mine really isn't all that close to that one in design. I actually don't like any of the new ones. Sorry, maybe they still have some similar to mine but maybe the local stores just don't carry them anymore. If my bag is representitive of the quality though, i'd reccomend something mid range from Targus, not too bad.

Yep be carefull carrying books with your laptop. I do it, but it has caused my spacebar to leave marks on my screen. Puts a lot of pressure on the thing. Can't see the marks when the laptop is on, but it does piss me off a little.

All the bags I have seen come with a padded pouch or seperated padded sleeve for the notebook. I haven't seen any that come with one that is reinforced so it doesn't flex. So sure your laptop will survive a blow, but it still has all the weight of the books sitting on top of it.

Jitsu said:
I just purchased one of those swiss army bags that was mentioned ealier in the post. Very good engineering and construction. I didnt remove the tags yet, I think I'm gonna purchase one of those booq bags and compare the two then return the one that I like less. I took alot of pics if the swiss army bag if anyone wants them.

I'd be very interested to hear this comparison, because I've been looking at both as well. The Swiss Army "Synergy" bag looks like it could hold my Acer 15.4" nicely, with all that padding on the back to keep the laptop from crashing into my spine. But, I did hear good things about Booq bags, but the prices are pretty steep...I almost got one on ebay, but someone else jumped on the Buy It Now before I could make up my mind to spend that much on a bag, I hardly see any on there though, which could be a good sign of how good those bags are.

Wow, my booq bag bp3 arrived today and it's fucking ownage. I'll post pics and more details later, but this bag owns the Swiss Synergy bag that I'm returning.

Jitsu said:
Wow, my booq bag bp3 arrived today and it's fucking ownage. I'll post pics and more details later, but this bag owns the Swiss Synergy bag that I'm returning.

I would definitely like to hear more. Does it just own it in size, quality, or just overall? It's hard to tell how the size is on that bag, so I think we need some picspicspics! With a laptop in there if available...it does look like a nice bag though from the stock pics on their site.

I have an Ogio Fugitive backpack here at college and I find it works nicely for my 12" Averatec. I will be getting a new 14" IBM T42p soon though so we will see how that fits. I am able to fit a supprising amount of stuff in here and it also looks killer.

I don't know your preference, but my interest is to protect the laptop itself. That's why I went with a Shinza Zeroshock sleeve. It's just a simple sleeve with very unique padding that absorbs shock like crazy! I use my normal backpack to carry my laptop inside my sleeve. I highly recommend this product. I'm speaking from experience. It's light and very protective.

www.shinza.com

I got the large 15" one. It fits my Sager NP3790 w/ the bulging 12 cell just fine.

Cwllr said:
I would definitely like to hear more. Does it just own it in size, quality, or just overall? It's hard to tell how the size is on that bag, so I think we need some picspicspics! With a laptop in there if available...it does look like a nice bag though from the stock pics on their site.

Ok, I have all the pics of my Synergy and the new BP3 in a .rar file ready to e-mail to anyone who wants to see 'em.

I chose the BP3 over the synergy because it excelled in all areas:
-The construction and design of the BP3 is above that of the Synergy.
-The ergonomics of the BP3 owns that of the Synergy.
-The BP3 fit to my back snugly, and was more comfortable due to the wide shoulder straps. There is less of a tendancy to "hunch forward" when carrying a bigger load with the BP3, due to the way that the straps are designed - it feels as if the load is "hugging" you. The waist and chest straps only improve the comfort further, but the waist strap looks pretty geh IMO.
-The synergy performed as any other back pack that I've used in the past; it was not that comfortable under bigger loads and does not distribute weight nearly as good as th BP3. There was a hard floor to the Synergy... which gave it more rigidity. I didnt like the stiff bottom on the Synergy because even with hardly any load in the bag it still stuck out pretty far off of my back. The BP3 seems pretty small with or without a load.
- I think the price for the BP3 is well worth it and I'm glad that I purchased this bag. I looked at all the other options and I am confident with my decision that this was the best Backpack Laptop bag.

Back