What kind of temps for video cards?

What kind of temps are acceptable for a video card? My overclocked XFX 7900GS idles at around 58 and around 78 during load. Is this range still safe? Thanks.

Its still in the safe range, be cautious of 80+ as that can be harmful. But even in the 80's a card can still run strong.

Try blowing some of the dust off the card and cleaning up some wires. If it is all clean and you are still worried get an artic silencer, im running one on my x800 in my sig and i idle under 40c and max load never see 60c

I just built this computer a few days ago so dust isn't the problem. This card just has to last me till some better DX10 cards come out so I can upgrade. It hasn't touched 80 degrees yet so I think I'm ok. I've got it clocked at 630/1550 right now.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry if you're under 80 under load. My 7800GTX primary card gets into the high 70s after some gaming and it's not even overclocked.

im over clocking my xfx 7600gt and it idles at 45c and under havy load is 49c

Sorry to be stupid guys but you we are talking in F or C because mine is 7900gs in vista and its running at 46C Idont know if its good or bad :)

Bullshit, not on stock air or even good air. Try again. :)

QFT. that's not heavy load buddy. I've got a better stock heatsink on my 76GT and it isn't that amazing. 45C idle, yes... Full load is around 70 something at 600//1700. Please reset and try again.

bitchesvw3.png

try again haha pwned

dig your grave

Your name fits you well, "bubba" as in "dumbass hick" you are not loading the gpu, you obtuse retard. You can post all the screen shots you want of your NV control panel showing your freaking IDLE temps and it won't change the fact that you are a dumbass. When you minimize CS or any other 3d app, your video card is NOT being loaded, you obtuse illiterate pc user. It also drops temps so fast from full load that you do not even have time to grab a screencap before it drops 15c to 20c degrees. Learn about computers and stop proving to us how dumb you are.

still my idle temps are cooler than anyone elses even with there aftermarket coolers

still my idle temps are cooler than anyone elses even with there aftermarket coolers

That doesn't mean jack shit. A 7600GT produces very little heat at idle. Your LOAD temps are all that matters, and you have no idea what they are, and if you would just look around, it's a pretty easy thing to find out.

hint: RTHDRBL, ATITool, etc.

My MSI X1950Pro idles at 48-50 degrees, gaming = 65-70.
Does the job and runs pretty cool, but will most likely sell soon when ATi's new cards come out. DirectX 10 :D

I agree that idle temp should not concern you, you want the full-load temp here, run 3dmark06 to see it. btw whats the theme you using bubba??

My OCed SLI 7800GTXs hit about 70c under load... 60-65c if I'm playing with vsync on. Idle at around 36-40c. This is with Zalman coolers on medium BTW. With stock coolers they were going well over 80c, and with a lower overclock.

My old 6600GT could reach 90c quite easily.

my XFX OC'd 8800GTX sits around at 58-60C. Im not sure how hot she gets while playing....

*Snip*

dig your grave

RTHDRIBL is the only accepted "heavy load" test. RTHDRIBL that's run with maximum supersampling.

Or 3dmark06 with logged temperature over time.

You'd be surprised how fast your GPU can cool down when alt+tabbing.

And calm down Rapture...

Toasty! :) Idle's @ 45*C. Really lame air-flow in the case, so I'm not surprised at the load temp. :)

QFT. that's not heavy load buddy. I've got a better stock heatsink on my 76GT and it isn't that amazing. 45C idle, yes... Full load is around 70 something at 600//1700. Please reset and try again.

I don't go above 52C under load and im running SLI 7900GT's, so its quite possible for a single card to be doing those temps. Oh and my 7900GT's are OCed.

I put the thermalright cooler on my 8800gtx ko acs3 and I get 45C for idle and 59C when im running 3DMark06

That doesn't mean jack shit. A 7600GT produces very little heat at idle. Your LOAD temps are all that matters, and you have no idea what they are, and if you would just look around, it's a pretty easy thing to find out.

hint: RTHDRBL, ATITool, etc.

LOL at this conversation

do u keep the current fan u have on the g80 and does this only work on gtx?

I put the thermalright cooler on my 8800gtx ko acs3 and I get 45C for idle and 59C when im running 3DMark06

How about a link to that cooler...if your temps are really as you say they are that's amazingly low for the 80 series! Mine is more like 80 under load (atitool for 10 minutes) and/or rthridibl, but that's with the fan set on 78ish which I normally don't alter from stock. Without the fan tweak it would probably hit 82-83 but I'm not worried about that at all, no artifacts and no errors.

Back