What kind of setting.....??

bennetvu

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I want to take some pictures on my LCD but I don't know the right setting I need to adjust in order to see the text and pictures clearly on the LCD. Could someone post a setting with out using flash and flash. Thanks

*I have a Canon 300D

The correct setting depends on:

• the ambient light in the room
  • the amount of light refelcting on the monitor
  • if the image is changing or not
  • the brightness of the monitor
  • if you have a tripod or not
  • the focal length of the lens you're using

Nobody knows these parameters for your monitor, or your room. So you'll have to measure them and figure it out. You can do so with a light meter, including the one built into your camera.

One tip I can give is that you shouldn't use a flash.

Well, I know what you're talking about. I just need the setting to use it without flash, I can play around with it aftwards if it doesn't look right.

If you're in Program mode, disabling the flash is easy. The manual has all the information you need for that.

If you use the manual modes (Program (P), Aperture Priority (A), Shutter Priority (S), and Full Manual (M)) then the flash does not automatically pop up. Your mode dial is probably still on one of the automatic modes, which will cause the flash to pop up if the camera thinks it's necessary.

Gratuitous LCD photo, 100% crop, Fuji S2, Sigma 50mm, f/2.8, 1/125", ISO 800:

DSCF8644_lcd_del_sm.jpg

HorsePunchKid said:
Gratuitous LCD photo, 100% crop, Fuji S2, Sigma 50mm, f/2.8, 1/125", ISO 800:
icuthispicoutcosimno2uf.gif

that's f'ing amazing? how on earth did you do that? (if you do explain, i'm a photography noob btw [well i know a bit about microscopes])

I just figured, in order to take those razor sharp pictures, you need a tripod.

spicetek said:
how on earth did you do that?
It was nothing particularly complicated. The settings here more or less sum up what I did:
HorsePunchKid said:
100% crop, Fuji S2, Sigma 50mm, f/2.8, 1/125", ISO 800
It was a 50mm macro lens that can focus down to about 1cm in front of the lens. I couldn't use a flash, since it would wash out the screen. I instead opened the aperture (f/2.8) to let in as much light as possible and bumped up the ISO (800) to get as much sensitivity as possible. The shutter speed (1/125") had to stay relatively short because it's hard to hold the camera stead when the focusing distance is so small: A 1mm motion would be the difference between a sharp shot and something almost unusably blurred.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably use a tripod, a lower ISO, and a much smaller aperture. This would surely give me a much sharper shot.

Back