What kind of mouse do you use?

Another vote for MX1000, although admittedly I have not had the opportunity to try the G7.

Razer Copperhead on my desktop, Logitech V270 (bluetooth) on my laptop.

I prefer ambidextrous mice.

Using a G5 and have used all of the MX line, they need to put the 'forward' button back on the mice but otherwise the G-series are good. If you want wireless the G7 is where its at.

I'll go against the trend and not recommend the MX-1000 if only because of the problems i had with the initial units and USB.

Logitech LX7. It's a RF wireless mouse that runs on 2 AAs. It's ok but it needs new batteries every week or so because of all the gaming I do. I'm in the need of a new mouse this one is worn out. I'll probably get a G5 or something from Razer.

I use the Logitech Click and like it. It's not wireless but most wireless mice are heavier and I hate that, so this is perfect for me. I dont see the point in paying >$20 for a mouse.

I love my MX1000, bought it the week it was released, been going strong for me ever since. Might pick up a G7 in a few months, but this MX1000 will be keps for a looong time as a backup unit.

Another vote for mx1000, it's by far the best mouse I've ever used.

mx1000 for me as well. still going strong, although the side button did fade a little but thats normal wear and tear.

mash said:
I use the Logitech Click and like it. It's not wireless but most wireless mice are heavier and I hate that, so this is perfect for me. I dont see the point in paying >$20 for a mouse.

Interesting...that's basically a MX310 w/o the side buttons. Still, the MX310 was a bit front-heavy for me.

MX-518 is fantasmic. I'd prefer the extra thumb button over the 400dpi on the G5. I can't handle 1600dpi, I couldn't imagine 2000.

On my desktop I've just gone from:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/i...ge&catid=c250fb0a-1613-4550-983d-ba203f357698

to

http://www.microsoft.com/products/i...ge&catid=c250fb0a-1613-4550-983d-ba203f357698

Either of the above are GREAT for gaming. You so dont need any of the gimmicks the other mice offer...but then what do i know...i only play for fun, its not like i am ultra competitive or anything.

And on my laptop when its at home i use one of these:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=11532

And that too is great as a general mouse. Wouldnt use it for gaming though.

I use a G5. The adjustable weight is a brilliant idea. The only problem is that the middle-click button is a bit sensitive, it's very easy to "scroll" when you meant to "click".

The mx1000 is too oddly shaped and heavy for me to use in games. I use the mx518, I like its button layout the best.

mash said:

That was the worst optical spinner I've EVER had. It was unuseable because it spun a few times a minute.

I think mine is a MX500. Dunno, got it used. It's wired, and I think the seller said it was either a 500 or a 510. Whichever one's wired. I still don't buy marketing telling me I need to spring for a "OMG UBER MOUSE" for headshots.

Back