What kind of Headphones do you own?

What kind Of Headphone Do You Own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HD-457 with a broken cable RIP
HD-595 that just got here today, haven't even had a chance to listen to them, :drooling: waiting for my Pimeta parts to get here

Soon to get some Shure E3s once I decide what MP3 player i'm going to get

Vertigo Acid said:
HD-457 with a broken cable RIP
HD-595 that just got here today, haven't even had a chance to listen to them,

That is the exact upgrade I made. Senn 457s then I ordered thr 595s. They are fantastic headphones, you can listen to them unamped, though they really do shine with a nice little amp :)

I own three Sony's, a pair of Phillips, a pair of zal-crap-mans, and numerous earbud types that come with walkmans.

Edited: To not complain about the poll options.

Oh...and where's the Plantronics option?

:D

(Yep, I foegot I have a pair of them, as well as logitech headphones with microphones)

BBA said:
I cant answer the poll, it limits you to one choice and would not be representative.

From the first post
(you can vote for more then one brand)

Read much? :rolleyes:

Edit:

I edited the first post so that any 8 year old should be able to understand it.
It now reads as follows:
You are allowed to select more then one option when you vote in this poll

Hey dude can you mod my SR60 with some colored Oamps so they will fit in my buddies car?

Mister X said:
From the first post

Read much? :rolleyes:

Edit:

I edited the first post so that any 8 year old should be able to understand it.
It now reads as follows:
You are allowed to select more then one option when you vote in this poll

Yep, I see it now, thanks.

Treat me like a red-headed 8 yr old step child who can't read .

:D

quad: bose headphones don't have a terribly good reputation for sound quality.

(I'm being as polite as I possibly can, here.)

Stu55 said:
How do you like those?
btw, Sennheiser...gg

They are fantastic for the price range. I bought them from tigerdirect for only $50. No complaints from me.

Beyerdynamic DT990pro (studio version). Great headphones for general usage for what I paid for them.

Sennheiser HD590 V3
Sennheiser HD280pro
Sennheiser HD497

Sony MDR-V200
Sony V-230 (or 222)
Sony MDR-V300

my HD497's are breaking on me slowly, so I might be getting a Beyerdynamic DT231 soon enough.

~Towert7

You know, I've been meaning to ask this question for a while now...

Me? Senn HD-580 +Koss KSC-35 & coming next week, a Grado RS-1!

Damn, forgot to add the "Other". I also own the Bose Triport and Zalman 5.1. *ACK!*

Saturnine2..can you do a quick review of the RS-1 with the PPA when they show.. :)

sdgserv said:
Saturnine2..can you do a quick review of the RS-1 with the PPA when they show.. :)
Will do :) I'll do a comparison with the PPA with the OPA627s, and AD8610s; & a modded 0404 (AD8620) + stock AV-710. I'll post it in the "Post your headphones" thread :)

towert7 said:
Beyerdynamic DT990pro (studio version). Great headphones for general usage for what I paid for them.

Sennheiser HD590 V3
Sennheiser HD280pro
Sennheiser HD497

~Towert7
Ive been seeing the Sennheiser's areound in pro music shops, more and more. Are they really superior to the Sony MDR's?

Sony MDR-V700's apparently they've fixed the issue with them breaking with the ones I have, cause I've had em for 4 years with rough abuse.

DaRkF0g said:
Ive been seeing the Sennheiser's areound in pro music shops, more and more. Are they really superior to the Sony MDR's?

www.headfi.com

I would say in many cases, yes, most Senns are superior to most Sonys. I loved my Senn 595s, but the Sony MDR-SA5000 are excellent.

Wow I am surprised how many people prefer the senn's! They sure do make ALOT of different model. Ill be sure to make them one of my future purchases :p

Koss KTXPRO1 Titanium
I really like them, they have the same drivers as the PortaPros. when I switched to these hadphones it was like switching from AM radio to CDs. The sound was so much clearer than any headphones I have had before.

DaRkF0g said:
Personally, all 3 sennheiser's I have are better then the Sony MDR's (but, these sonys are very low end... el'cheapo stuff).

The HD280pro are ok. Low bass extension, and shows a lot of detail. The problem though, is that they are very dry sounding, and almost reveal too much... making them harsh on my ears at times. Plus, they have a lot of clamping force and the fake leather ear pads get hot.

The HD590 V3 I had were good, most comfortable to wear (you forget they are on your head), but they were very laid back. The DT990pro that I have is very similar to the HD590, execpt the bass is much more pernounced. It also extends lower. For the 130$ I paid for them new, they work nice and I prefer them over the HD590.
I'm very interested to see what the AKG 601 and 701 are like. The ear pads look identical to the DT990pro I have.

DaRkF0g said:
Wow I am surprised how many people prefer the senn's! They sure do make ALOT of different model. Ill be sure to make them one of my future purchases :p

Yeah Senns have a great sound, I would recommend the Sennheiser 595 as an entry level can, you can find them on Ebay for ~160+ shipping. They are great all around headphones, open though so make sure it isn't a problem if sound leaks and you aren't in a noisy area.

They really come alive with an amp, even a cheap amp.

The Sennheiser 650s are considered by many to be the best headphones in the world, but they come at a much higher price and need a good amp.

I'm in the "others" Ultrasone 650.
Best cans I could find at the time that were closed and didnt need an amp.

Sony MDR-V6's

Had V600's but they started to wear out, both pairs are sweet cans

I've got a pair of Sennheiser HD201's. I started to get into headphones, but ended up going back to speakers, my first love. :D

Senn PC150
Senn HD-545
Senn HD-595

looking at getting a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s soon for work. everyone there hates my 595's :D

Back