What kind of diagnostic parameters should I have for a water loop?

Neon01

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to pick up a 5.25" bay controller/monitor/etc, and I'm really looking for the best attributes to monitor, and/or a recommendation for a controller and hardware to pick up.

Most of what I've seen available comes with fan (voltage) control, but as I'll (at least initially) have only three GT AP15 fans in push config, I will probably want them all at the same speed, so I don't know that I need multiple channels for that. Thoughts?

Other metrics I'm considering are water flow rate, water temp (possibly more than one, though with the thermal conductivity of water I doubt I'll need it), fan speed (will GT AP15s give fan speed?), and CPU/GPU temps.

Of all these, CPU/GPU temps are probably the easiest to monitor, since they already have built-in sensors, but I'm not sure how I would get the controller to pick up that sensor feed that's going to the motherboard. Is that possible?

I would think I need additional hardware (e.g. in line flow meters, thermocouples, etc) to monitor water temps or flow rates. Are these recommended?

Newegg is running a 20% off sale on drive controller panels for the weekend, so I figured this would be a good time to pick something up.

Recommendations are much appreciated.

Back