What keyboard mouse combo you use to game with?

Saist

Limp Gawd
I was about to put this in the general hardware thread... then decided I post this here.

I'm sure everybody has a preference for game controllers, wheels, and other devices, but I'd like to know... what keyboard mouse combo do you use?

Me? I prefer Datel's/Mad-Catz PowerBoard/Sharkboard series. These boards tend to be pretty cheap, running sub $30 (us) while at the same time offering keystroke response that has tended to be better than solutions from the likes of Logitech. Also the Mad Catz media boards are correctly recognized under various versions of Linux isn't a downside.

I also found for mice that I like Nyko's AirFlow Mice. gimmicky? Yes. Useful? Also yes. I've found like the AirFlow shape and feel. Flowing air aside, I like the feel of the Nyko and how it moves. Also the native sensativity is just about where I like it... unlike some IBM and Kensington mice which required constant tweaking both in the GUI and in games.

so... what do you use?

i'd say this microsoft intellimouse with the quakecon 2003 logo on it.

that and this generobrand black keyboard i got for 6 bucks from fry's

I have two computers that I use for gaming. One is the desktop I keep at home and the other is one that I take with me to LAN parties.

Main PC:
Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard (Blue)
Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue

LAN party PC:
Logitech NetPlay Keyboard
Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse

*The "NetPlay" keyboard is actually a USB mini-keyboard that is sold as a Playstation 2 accessory. It is about the size of a laptop keyboard but still effective for gaming. I like it because it is much more portable than a full-sized keyboard.

MX700 for mouse. For keyboard, I alternate between Logitech Elite KB and M$ Natural MultiMedia KB. Even though not ergonomic, Elite feels better than my M$ keyboard.

MS Intellimouse Explorer. I would die without those forward/back buttons.
for KB i have a Logitech multimedia board. dont know the full name but it has more buttons then i'd ever use, but the volume control kicks ass.

Belkin Nostromo n52 Speedpad for keyboard
Logitech MX500 mouse for games
Logitech MX700 mouse for desktop and apps
Func 1030 mousepad

microsoft optical explorer 5 button version 3

microsoft internet pro keyboard, gotta love the built in usb ports on it :)

MS Explorer 3
Lite-On (rebadged as Compaq) Keyboard SK-2850C with a slight broken spacebar from when I cleaned it back when =/

[edit] o and an old-school ratpadz, I have a new one too but I developed 3 large worn out spots within the first months I had it. My old school one doesn't have one yet (2 years+)

Logitech Elite Black Keyboard
n50 speedpad
MS IE Optical 3.0 (want an MX510!)
Ratpadz GS + Teflon Tape
MS Sidewinder Precision Pro 2 Joystick (going on 4 years now)

Microsoft Natural Keyboard
Standard Logitech Optical wheel mouse
Logitech Dual-Action for sports games
Some Compaq Presario mousepad that came with our 486 from who knows when

mx500 and microsoft natural multimedia keyboard... i hate logitech keyboards.. plus all there natural ones blow =\

Logitech corded elite keyboard + logitech dual optical mouse (best mouse ever created, the mx510 should be this design) + ratpadzGS

For those of you using the logitech cordless mx mouse, how long does a full charge last and how does it perform in games?

Performance wise the MX700 is fine for games. Very heavy though if you're RSI prone. I think the charge will last over several days at least but I just sit it in the charger every night.

ehZn said:
Logitech corded elite keyboard + logitech dual optical mouse (best mouse ever created, the mx510 should be this design)

For those of you using the logitech cordless mx mouse, how long does a full charge last and how does it perform in games?

Keyboard: Logitech Elite Black Multimedia
Mouse: MS Explorer 3.0a
Mousepad: Supermat from staples

Auravision Eluminx keyboard, blue Logitech MX510 with teflon feet, Func 1030 pad :D

diabx0r said:
MX510 (USB) and a Logitech Elite (PS2)

is there mx510 usb? looked at logitech site and bb and couldnt find any info saying there is cordless mx510 except the blue tooth

blue_heart71 said:
is there mx510 usb? looked at logitech site and bb and couldnt find any info saying there is cordless mx510 except the blue tooth
:confused: Most mice come with usb-ps2 adapters. Thats what he meant. All MX510 are native USB. As for a cordless MX510, there is no such thing. The closest thing to a cordless MX510 is the MX700.

Back