What is your Widows timeline?

cjcox

2[H]4U
MS Grunt: "I think we should name our office products Word, Excel, Powerpoint!"

MS Exec: Those sound ok.

MS Grunt: "I want a raise."

MS Exec: No. And there's the door.

MS Exec: I think I'll call our new embedded OS, CE... Windows CE, or WinCE for short. Yeah, now that's a good name.

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
Ya, my first run in with NT 4 was a telecommunication company i was doing data entry for with AS-400 systems and then they let me help out IT, kind of where my career started, we had dual T1 lines! I was always screwing up my computer so had to reinstall many times and learned real quick about what I needed to have before hand, was pretty awesome now that I think back to those times!

applegrcoug

Limp Gawd
I think I've done just about everything...

Started with MSDos

Then 3.1 and then 3.11

Then on to win95 followed quickly by win95 or2

Then win98 followed quickly win98 SE. I also was running a dual boot system on NT4. This was college, so NT4 for papers and stuff, but then boot into 98 for games.

Then somehow I found images of all the floppies for win2000 before it was released. That really was a game changer. It worked without crashing every few hours.

I think I still maintained dual boot with 98se and then ME and then back to 98se. I really held onto 2000 a long time. Then switched to XP and held onto it for a long time. I had other systems with vista, win7 and win8rt but held onto xp after its expiration date. Now onto win10. Haven't gone to win11 yet.

staknhalo

2[H]4U
Yes, but we got good at that. I swear wiping my system was a quarterly event to maintain any stability.

that was me when i was using nlite/vlite all the time to try and make the most slipstream windows install i could

that was also me when using windows media center before everyone had app boxes, trying to find ways to cram a bunch of services in there controllable by remote, customize the ui, all using different programs and stuff - when stuff didn't work or got bogged down just reformat to clean it all away

i don't miss those times 🙃🔫

Algrim

[H]ard|Gawd
The company I work for used to have a full MSDN sub and I've tried almost every version of Windows that existed up until we stopped renewing (i.e. Windows 7).

Personal machines have had:

3.1 -> 98 (various) -> NT 4 -> 2000 -> 7 -> 10

travm

[H]ard|Gawd
3.1 > 95 > 98 > Me > XP> Vista > 7 > 8/8.1 > 10 > 11

edit: i forgot windows 8, which was the last version that had windows media center rip to one of the g.o.a.t.s. 🙏
Windows Media centre always seemed like it had such potential, but the company only ever put up a college try, if even that.