What Is Your Personal Favorite Video Card of All Time?

Nenu

[H]ardened
Radeon HD 5870.

There was something magical about that card. AMD/ATI had just found their footing again with the HD 4870, and then they decided to clobber Nvidia on the performance front with the HD 5870. It took Nvidia 6 months to answer with Fermi "Jensen Grillin" GTX 480. Seriously, that HD 5870 was an amazing card, especially priced under $400.
I went for the magic approach at the same time as trialling Crossfire with 2x 5770 to give approximately the same performance as the 5870 for 2/3 the price.
How wrong was I !
Dirt 2 worked well in crossfire, it was absolutely wonderful, exactly what I wanted.
But absolutely nothing else was good enough, either didnt work with 2 cards, gave very little gain and/or was very jittery.
And the drivers were disgraceful, so bad I used modded drivers from a Guru3D member who was equally appalled, without which, even single card was a bad experience.
And single card wasnt quick, Xfire was quite a waste of money for 1 game.
/rant, I learned my lesson and can smile now :)

kingsack

Limp Gawd
I'm a big fan of my Radeon HD7870. I bought it in 2012 and used it until last summer. Definitely long in the tooth the past couple of years. But it was absolutely fine until about 2017. Only around then, did games start really hammering it. Even still, Soulcalibur 6 played great on it, last year.

I had cards all the way back to the Radeon 9000pro, which was my first card. Lots of stuff in between. Including some Nvidia cards, such as Ti4200 and 6800 non ultra. Other stuff too. I had 3870 for quite awhile, which I liked pretty well and got a lot of mileage from. But the 7870 has been the best experience and quite a long term companion.
I have ti share the 7870 love, paired with a 2600K it lasted 7 years, it was really only my desire to mover from 1080p to 4K that obsoleted it for me.
On the other hand neither it nor even to 2080 I have now have ever touched the thrill of breaking 20K 3DMarke with my 9800 Pro back in the day. despite the fact that it went up in flames taking my MB with it moments later o_O

sabrewolf732

Supreme [H]ardness
I have ti share the 7870 love, paired with a 2600K it lasted 7 years, it was really only my desire to mover from 1080p to 4K that obsoleted it for me.
On the other hand neither it nor even to 2080 I have now have ever touched the thrill of breaking 20K 3DMarke with my 9800 Pro back in the day. despite the fact that it went up in flames taking my MB with it moments later o_O
I still have my hd7870, still plays a lot of games surprisingly well with an overclock. Crazy a mid range card had such a long life.

oldmanbal

2[H]4U
It's been said before but, just ask anyone that's been gaming since wolfenstein games on pc: Where were you when the 9700 pro dropped?

I got mine from a bestbuy, and for the first time in my life, could turn on 4x/8x aa and the fps didn't tank. It was the future, and the future was fast and clean. Back then people didn't riot on the internet when radeon released a fast card, they just bought it if they had the money.

Where were you when the world changed forever?

sabrewolf732

Supreme [H]ardness
It's been said before but, just ask anyone that's been gaming since wolfenstein games on pc: Where were you when the 9700 pro dropped?

I got mine from a bestbuy, and for the first time in my life, could turn on 4x/8x aa and the fps didn't tank. It was the future, and the future was fast and clean. Back then people didn't riot on the internet when radeon released a fast card, they just bought it if they had the money.

Where were you when the world changed forever?
9700pro got me into PC gaming. I remember being in the grocery store looking at magazines while my parents shopped and I remember seeing the 9700pro on the front cover of maximum PC. Bought that magazine and have been obsessed ever since.