What is your game of the year so far?

spicey

Supreme [H]ardness
Title says it all really. What is your GotY so far?

Game of the year so far for me was S.T.A.L.K.E.R - SoC. Incredibly challenging and atmospheric adult shooter that came out of no where (well for me at least). S.T.A.L.K.E.R is quite easily the most impressive game-play experience this year despite its quirks.

Title says it all really. What is your GotY so far?

Game of the year so far for me was S.T.A.L.K.E.R - SoC. Incredibly challenging and atmospheric adult shooter that came out of no where (well for me at least). S.T.A.L.K.E.R is quite easily the most impressive game-play experience this year despite its quirks.

I am getting a new rig setup tomorrow, I was not able to play Stalker on Full DynamicLighting due to my old videocard, so I didn't even get passed the first leve. Bioshock by far is amaizing, once I start playing Stalker again, I am sure my view will shift to it for ♥♥♥.

Bioshock, for sure.

The next three months will most definitely change that, though.

Bioshock so far, but we have Orange box and Crysis out before the end of the year not to mention quite a few other good games.

Well, i've played the World in Conflict demo more than 10 times in the past two days, so I am stoked about that, but I think Crysis will be my game of the year...lol. But, so far I would have to say Stalker also. But, the line between Stalker and Bioshock is very thin for me.

Bioshock. It's flawed, but still amazing. I haven't been hooked on a game like this since Oblivion.
STALKER didn't do it for me. I still can't ever seem to hit anything I'm aiming at.

Bioshock so far, but that may well change once the Orange Box and Crysis are released.

Despite its shortcomings, supcom.
Cysis is in the running, the horrible darkness of bioshock just makes me cry.

Its going to be either Crysis or Medal of honor airborne or Cod4 and possibly Quake Wars for me for the pc. :)

I guess Bioshock... by default.

The real question would be, "What PC games have been released this year?"

I'm really struggling to think of any. Stalker and Bioshock and... err...?
This time last year we were told that UT2007, Crysis, Alan Wake and Bioshock would all have early 2007 releases and Bioshock is the only one that has managed to arrive yet.

Bioshock then Dirt, the choice hasnt been great so far this year.
Cant wait for Autumn :D

Bioshock, then Tiberium Wars. Problem with Tiberium Wars is no real replay value. Bioshock has that, but it's seems to be limited.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

But seeing as we're in the PC section, if I'm limited to PC games it's got to be Bioshock.

Forza Motorsport 2

as for the PC, havent played most new games, i think the only 2007 games i played were company of heroes and stalker, and with both i only spent 2-3 hours, so i cant really comment. Both looked great though, i played a lan game of CoH with some mates, and although we got our asses kicked by computers, i really enjoyed defending my base by micromanaging my antitank guns

Bioshock, by far.

I also like SupCom, but not enough people are into it to win any awards, unless is just a Strategy specific award.

Right now the 2 best games of this year have been Bioshock and World in Conflict. Bioshock would probably win because of its great level design, graphics and atmosphere. But I personally like World in Conflict better because it feels like it was designed directly for the PC , and i like how you can move the camera in any direction, it really makes me feel immersed in the battlefield.

Bioshock will be game of the year unless UT3, Crysis, or COD4 pack a serious punch.

For me, it was STALKER.
But I think Crysis will take that place easily enough.

I guess Bioshock... by default.

The real question would be, "What PC games have been released this year?"

I'm really struggling to think of any. Stalker and Bioshock and... err...?
This time last year we were told that UT2007, Crysis, Alan Wake and Bioshock would all have early 2007 releases and Bioshock is the only one that has managed to arrive yet.

You have to be kidding me. Here's just a few of the "high-end" games going to be released this year! Patience my friend.

1. Supreme Commander
2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - SoC
3. BioShock
4. Orange Box - HL2: Ep. 2 / TF2 / Portal
5. ET: Quake Wars
6. The Witcher
7. Hellgate: London
8. Crysis
9. Unreal Tournament 3
10. Assassins Creed
11. World in Conflict
12. Clive Barker's Jericho
13. TimeShift
14. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
15. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

You have to be kidding me. Here's just a few of the "high-end" games going to be released this year! Patience my friend.

1. Supreme Commander
2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - SoC
3. BioShock
4. Orange Box - HL2: Ep. 2 / TF2 / Portal
5. ET: Quake Wars
6. The Witcher
7. Hellgate: London
8. Crysis
9. Unreal Tournament 3
10. Assassins Creed
11. World in Conflict
12. Clive Barker's Jericho
13. TimeShift
14. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
15. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

The previous poster said "The real question would be, "What PC games have been released this year?" "

Key words being "have been"? Out of your list, only the first three. Or maybe one or two more that I missed on release.

+1 vote for Bioshock. I enjoyed S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but nearly as much as I am enjoying Bioshock.

Game that Ive played?

Would have to be a tie between World in Conflict and Bioshock

Game that im waiting on

UT3
The Witcher
Hellgate London

The previous poster said "The real question would be, "What PC games have been released this year?" "

Key words being "have been"? Out of your list, only the first three. Or maybe one or two more that I missed on release.

+1 vote for Bioshock. I enjoyed S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but nearly as much as I am enjoying Bioshock.

Yes...but my point is the year isn't over yet.

Since getting a new graphics card I'm playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R again with dynamic lighting and it's even better this time. The game has excellent replay value, the thing that strikes me about playing again is how the weapons are much more satisfying than Bioshock's.

Back