What is your favorite piece of hardware to go along with your PC?

Jospeh

[H]ard|Gawd
Well the whole PC experience encompasses more than just the PC guts. There's your chair, table, table arrangements (maybe a monitor arm, wiring arrangements) and so forth. So I was wondering, what would be your favorite PC related part or detail that changed your computing experience?

My tables. I started with a cheap office-type desk, move to a more suitable $50 computer desk that lasted a surprisingly long time at 6 to 7 years, and now I'm using a two Galants and another Ikea Lack table set up into a L-Shape.

Projector and hi def hifi.
And the sofa with large feather pillows, oh yeah.

My Alesis M1 Active MK2 speakers on my other setup,
desk%20black.jpg

I tested them against a pair of Paradigm M7 floor standing speakers I had and they sounded the same.
I was really impressed with the smaller Alesis speakers. I've had them for over 11 years now.
here is a pic of the M7 so you can see the size of them.
http://www.transamws6.com/pics/theater/paradigm_m7.jpg

On my newest setup I have to say the 34" Ultrawide monitor, I really love the wide aspect ratio.

Right now it would have to be my BenQ XL2730Z. 1440p and 144hz of Freesync goodness:D I love this monitor.

My chair, without question.

It's suits me so well, I purchased a second one (still unassembled in the box) for when this one starts to fall apart.

(It's hard to find a chair at the perfect height for your keyboard tray and have the ability to sit Indian-style, which for some odd reason suits me during casual computer usage.)

My wife, so that whenever I sit down at it she can come ask me to do things. That way I'll never get a DVT.

Also my HK3490 and speakers.

My wife, so that whenever I sit down at it she can come ask me to do things. That way I'll never get a DVT.

AWWW :p

"I'm married, so thankfully I'll never develop blood clots." lol

I'll have to remember that one.

My Alesis M1 Active MK2 speakers on my other setup,
desk%20black.jpg

I tested them against a pair of Paradigm M7 floor standing speakers I had and they sounded the same.
I was really impressed with the smaller Alesis speakers. I've had them for over 11 years now.
here is a pic of the M7 so you can see the size of them.
http://www.transamws6.com/pics/theater/paradigm_m7.jpg

On my newest setup I have to say the 34" Ultrawide monitor, I really love the wide aspect ratio.

That hifi system is beautiful. Wish I had the money to spend on a decent system myself.

For me it's my RAT7 gaming mouse. It's just so comfortable. I had an MX Revolution for years (still have it - it sits on my workstation at work now) and it's just leaps and bounds more comfortable when gaming.

I really like the Herman Miller Mirra chair I have at my computer desk. I had one at my desk at work in a previous job, and after I got sick of what cheap junk most desk chairs are I eventually just sprang for the money to get one at home, and haven't regretted it. It still has its issues, but it also came with a 12-year warranty, complete with actual repairmen that comes to my place to fix it when something breaks.

Herman Miller chair and RGB led strip from Ikea behind the monitors to ease eye strain.

Man all of you displaying some cool gear... I am just happy I even own a SSD... Kingstong Hyperx to be exact.. 250gb

My trackball: I can't use my PC without it. After that it would be my Herman Miller Embody chair.

Herman Miller chair and RGB led strip from Ikea behind the monitors to ease eye strain.

I picked up a used Herman Miller chair earlier this year and really like it.
I also added some LED strip lighting to the top of my cubicle, gives a nice ambient feel to the workstation,
cubicle-led.jpg

Massive desk and the hifi setup.

Have a maelstrom X2-21" sub still to build, along with the 1200W monoblocks plus custom Avel Lindberg toroids. Just need the time to finish those off and it should be good for reproducing a 64' organ pipe @ 10Hz. And no, I don't really have any neighbours..

Back