What is your favorite Grand Theft Auto edition?

What is you favorite GTA edition?

• GTA 1

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • GTA 2

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • GTA III

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • GTA: Vice City

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • GTA: San Andreas

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • GTA IV

• GTA V

• Total voters

NeghVar

2[H]4U
Just found out about the GTA Trilogy DE and bought it today. Saw numerous other threads about it but none with a poll

While I have played them all, VC has always been my favorite. Partially because of the soundtrack. Every time I hear the song I Ran by Flock of Seagulls, this video comes to mind

Last edited:
Just found out about the GTA Trilogy DE and bought it today. Saw numerous other threads about it but none with a poll

While I have played them all, VC has always been my favorite. Partially because of the soundtrack. Every time I hear the song I Ran by Flock of Seagulls, this video comes to mind
Yes, but a lot of the music is cut from this "Definitive" edition. I don't know what all was cut, but everything I've read and heard is that this was a lazy update to the game and they didn't even go back and get the licenses for a lot of the music.

Yes, but a lot of the music is cut from this "Definitive" edition. I don't know what all was cut, but everything I've read and heard is that this was a lazy update to the game and they didn't even go back and get the licenses for a lot of the music.
if so, there is always making my custom music list with the same songs. I have even seen clips on youtube of the advertisements on the radio from each GTA.
I also just found an article about it. GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition radio stations are missing over 20 songs. The two Michael Jackson songs are the only songs I recognize

Last edited:
Ther is already a mod on Nexusmods to restore songs removed from San Andreas. So it is probably just a matter of time before someone makes a mod to allow custom music listings. Either way, missing music or music features does not kill the game for me.

Vice City because I was a huge fan of Miami Vice as a kid and the game gives me those kinds of vibes. I'm a child of the '80s.

My favorite game is definitely GTA IV, I liked the depth of the gameplay and felt the story was really good. Niko is one of my favorite characters in gaming.
The only one I never completed is Vice City, didn't really like Miami and I was really into a MMO at the time so I barely played VC, will probably never play it again as I see it as a game I "missed" and typically don't go that far back to play games that old. Maybe if Rockstar really fixes the Definitive Edition I would buy it and play them, but that is unlikely.

Last edited:
I picked GTA3 as my favorite. I just recall having a fun time throughout, it was goofy like the first 2 games which I also beat and enjoyed.

Only got halfway or more through both VC and SA, and definitely prefer SA's characters/story. I do wanna play through both at some point.

i'm not a big GTA fan in general (personally i just despise the satirical nature of every single thing in the GTA universe... i think some proper seriousness and realism, even if sporadically, would do the series so much good) but i voted for Vice City because the 80s theme felt so fresh at the time, and the main character was the most compelling for me.

I still like GTA4 the most. Driving and flying are wonky as hell because of the physics, but it does the best job of capturing a "vibe" of a place. It feels like NYC. The music, the people, the locations, the colors, etc. Other games in the series have done a good job, too, but that one hit it out of the park. Niko isn't the most compelling character, but his silent tough guy persona allowed the surrounding cast to shine. Michael and Trevor from 5 are way more fun, but they also overpower nearly every scene they're in.
Actually playing GTA4 isn't as fun as San Andreas or GTA5, but the setting and stories bump it ahead of those for me.

Back