what is your best gpu that is just colecting dust

I have 4x reference 290x graphic cards on waterblocks attached to each other sitting in my living room on a display shelf literally collecting dust.
IMG_4428.jpg

Got a 3080ti and been really happy with it, so the 2080ti has kinda been collecting dust along with the 2060. For some reason I don't wanna sell them just yet, though not against selling stuff. Just don't wanna deal with the hassle of selling video cards for some reason unless it to close friends.

Reactions: drklu
like this
Well my RTX 2080 is kind of collecting dust in my backup PC, other then that I still have my 1080 also still around somewhere.

Hd 6970. I had to Google it to make sure I had the right number. While doing so, Google has for sale ads for this card for $350+.
For a decade old card with 2gb ram?

I guess the numbering of the card may fool the unsuspecting person into thinking they are getting a modern one?

Volta V100 x16 . Literally covered in dry wall dust due to construction and officially I will not use them until we get the equipment professionally cleaned.

I have 2 1080ti's in a powered down mining box. I probably should sell them but I hate dealing with people....

Next closest would be a couple 290s and a 750ti from old builds. Beyond that I would have to start taking them out of my display collection.

GTX 460 1gb. was replaced by my 960 six years back,,and now that I have a 1060, that 960 is handling my HTPC.

Would like to upgrade, but couldn't justify that 1660 Super for $230, nor the 3060 for $100 more.

Last edited:
Got a 3080ti and been really happy with it, so the 2080ti has kinda been collecting dust along with the 2060. For some reason I don't wanna sell them just yet, though not against selling stuff. Just don't wanna deal with the hassle of selling video cards for some reason unless it to close friends.
wanna be friends......lol

My OC Formula 6900XT may be on a shelf but I may have to pull it out and use it when the new Thredrippers are released

GT1030, it is in a full PC that has been collecting dust for a long time.

GTX 1050ti that's mainly used for diagnosing but will likely move into a dedicated mediabox for transcoding once my CPU upgrade shuffle happens next year.

Best/newest dust collector? One of my old 1080 SC cards. The other is still in use and my old 2080Ti is in my TV PC. I still have almost all my video cards since my voodoo 3 AGP. I have a problem with keeping PC parts... lol.

I have a handful of new firepro s9000s I can dig into when need. But I have to say my favorite dust collector is the 9500gt I use for troubleshooting.

20210730_223557.jpg

for me itd be these GTX Titan Black Gpus got a stockpile of 5 of them but everytime i try put em up for sale ppl wanna offer $200-250 so they sit lol i could toss em in the F@H Rig in a few weeks.

None, I currently have zero AIC GPUs, just the ones soldered into my laptops. Sold my Vega 64 for a thicc profit in March/April, sold my backup GTX 560Ti in May, and sold the GTX 670 from a secondary system back in October when used older-gen GPUs were still dime-a-dozen. The only one I regret selling is the 670... that was a decent card for what it was and would have been a good card for content creation and stuff. Now my old primary system (FX lol) is GPU-less and collecting dust when I could be using it as a streaming box or something <facepalm>
update: I have graphics cards now! Friend who is downsizing for a move tore apart some old computers and mailed me a couple GPUs...
one is a LP GT 710 with 8x PCIe and lots of outputs which is actually the perfect card to have collecting dust- compatible with everything, low-power, recent-ish enough, will come in handy as a backup and would have been enough to revive my desktop on it's own. "bit shit" my friend said, I agree but 9/10 dust collector
She also gifted me a RX 570 4GB which was a nice surprise :eek: That one will not just be collecting dust!

Been planning to build a SFF pc so mine is a 3070 still in box. Kinda regret not selling it but that would have made me feel like a gouger. Will be happy when SFF is built and usable.

Recently I've used my 2080ti to loan to friends in a bind with a broken GPU. I thought about selling it. I heard they were going for $1000, and as I had surgery, I needed the $$$. I decided not to sell it and keep it on it's crusade to help friends in need of a GPU. I'm from Cali and currently it's in Ohio, all they had to do was pay shipping. The couple thought it was so nice, they started a Gofundme and a lot of our friends pitched in to help out $1095 so far with my surgery. They surprised me with it and I couldn't express how much it helped!

Recently I've used my 2080ti to loan to friends in a bind with a broken GPU. I thought about selling it. I heard they were going for $1000, and as I had surgery, I needed the $$$. I decided not to sell it and keep it on it's crusade to help friends in need of a GPU. I'm from Cali and currently it's in Ohio, all they had to do was pay shipping. The couple thought it was so nice, they started a Gofundme and a lot of our friends pitched in to help out $1095 so far with my surgery. They surprised me with it and I couldn't express how much it helped!
i hope your surgery goes well!

i hope your surgery goes well!
I had it July 1 and I’m doing great! The finances were a little crushing and the day I got home a crown fell out, and there was $1500 on top to off a horrible month. My dentist allows me to make payments, so I got it fixed July 6th. But now it seems some things are going right big time! My friends have helped incredibly, I got a raise retroactive to July 2020, and things are looking up!

An illogical and unsolicited insult against an entire country in a thread about graphics cards. That was an impressively stupid thing to say.
im talking about a government not people....... but ok sorry
edit: i should have said army not guns

Last edited:
Back