What is your all time favorite game?

ultima7

because it was an rpg that was alive. a huge world you could explore at will. a cool storyline with great villains. you could attack whoever you wanted and kill them if you had enough power even lord british himself. (except batlin till later). towns were cool because at night people would go to the pub for a drink, and later you could find people asleep in their beds. so it felt realisitic. we need more unrestricting, alive rpgs like this.

That's a tough choice

I can't narrow it down to one :(

I'd say Quake2, Unreal1, Decent1 and 2 and Civilization I and II for me.

I got lost in all those games a long time ago, i'd sit for hours and hours and hours and forget what time of the day it is totally absorbed in those games.

My all time fav is Half-Life. Not only was the SP superb but the MP was excellent as well. Usually in a game (IMO) either the MP or the SP is lacking at least a little. But HL had both.

CoD is the only other game to come close.

Maybe Doom3 or HL2 will take the thrown away???

Originally posted by davidj
My all time fav is Half-Life. Not only was the SP superb but the MP was excellent as well. Usually in a game (IMO) either the MP or the SP is lacking at least a little. But HL had both.

CoD is the only other game to come close.

Maybe Doom3 or HL2 will take the thrown away???

oh yeah, i forgot Half Life

I can't really choose because I've played truly excellent games throughout the years. Some worth mentioning are 7th Guest, Syndicate, Quarantine, Stunts, of course Doom & Wolfy, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, Leisure Suit Larry series, Quake, HL, GTA series, C&C series, and recently Mafia & CoD.

Could someone shoot the people responsible for the "EA GAMES CHALLENGE EVERYTHING" intro kthxbye

I usually list Day of the Tentacle.

Other candidates: Planescape: Torment and Baldur's Gate 2.

Tought choice.

Comes down to either:

The Myth series by bungie - The game was simply....fun. Had a excellent story. Also the community was extremely strong, even to this day it is still strong, as b.net (bungie.net) went down when microsoft bought them out, but the players made their own multiplayer gateway to keep it going.
There's a TON of mods/conversions for it, it's like the half life of the RTS world.

Ultima online - My second mmorpg(EQ was first). Unlike other mmorpgs, the game was what YOU made of it, there was no need to go out and "kill xxxx for xxxx" you simply played how you wanted to play, it had a ton of things that to this day other mmorpgs can not get right!
i met some great friends playing this, I wish another mmorpg would be even close to it, it sucks it went down hole though since they added the whole tram/felucia crap. open pvp actually worked.

Though this is a common thread, I'll post again.

Star Control 2
-Gameplay
-Storyline
-Soundtrack
-Variety of Aliens

As far as story goes I would have to say Deus Ex or Half Life.
Multiplayer it would have to be BF42/DC but i have a feeling that UT2K4 will replace it as my favorite.
I did spend a ton of time (3-4 years) playing Sim City 2000 so I will count that as one of my all time favorites as well.

RTS- Age of Empires 2, X-Com
FPS-Call of Duty, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Half Life

Tough Subject.

I can't decide between Deus Ex or Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic... now if Lucas could only come up with a plot 1/10th as good as KOTOR's for episode 3...

Delta Force.... The first game was such a classic and I played it so stinking much. This is the game that introduced me to online gaming when I was only 12 years old. I also joined clans and stuff when I was only 12, other people couldn't believe I was 12 because I was so dang good at that game.... I wish I still played it..

-warsaw

Hello,

There is this game that came out for the Sega CD called Snatcher. It was a digital comic book game , but it had the most detailed storyline , do/say anything you want freedom. It is literally a rollercoaster ride that just keeps getting better and better. The ending answers all of your questions and is about 40 mins long. If youve never played it get a Sega CD Emulator and go for it. I think the game is considered freeware you can get it from the Home Of Th Underdogs.

Zachary

snatcher was the only good sega cd game I never had or played :(

OMG I forgot all about star control 2, thx for reminding me I am going to go play it!!

NHL ' 94 for SNES. There is no hockey game, let alone any game, that comes close to the hours and hours on end of playtime me and my brother put into it. I swear that game is still going strong for us to this day, via ZSNES emulator. My brother would go for the goals, while I would just check like a bat outta hell. I doubt any game will capture me as much as NHL ' 94 did, and still does. Truly a legendary game in my eyes. :cool:

Jeeze, now there's a toughie.

I'm probably going to have to go with Thief.

Uhm, yeah. But I have a lot of favorites. :p

I remember playing Splinter Cell at a friends place, i forget how long i played it for, great game. I walked around spy-like (as in the game) for weeks after. Damn, i have no life :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bobsaysthis
RTS- Age of Empires 2, X-Com
FPS-Call of Duty, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Half Life

Tough Subject.

very close to my list

rts and overal favorite is Age of Empires
fps is call of duty

there are some others real high on my list such as max payne, deus ex, and GTA

Game that I probably had the most fun in was either Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed or NHL 92.

Racing: NFS: Underground
FPS: by far, Call of Duty. I really need to stop playing the demo and get the full version tho:p :)

Does Call of Duty have good online multiplayer? Or does it even have multiplayer?

-Adventure
Grim Fandango followed by the Longest Journey. Both of these games drew me in like no others and are one of the main reasons I never upgraded to an ATI card. I will even go as far as to say Grim Fandango is the greatest aventure game ever made.

-FPS
I play Medal of Honor and its expansion Spearhead multiplayer religiously and never get bored even after hours. No other shooter out now comes close (including COD...mp).;)

Final Fantasy 7.... forever...

First love for Playstation but they had it for the PC too... ;)

countless hours on simcity .. doom.. quake 2/3.. and half life.. oh yeah.. and sadly a mmo game called toontown haha

1. Morrowind
2. Doom games Is there anyone here that has forgot the theme of that games?
3. Descent/grim fandango
4. Thief/System shock 2/nolf

Played half life but really didn´t cut it

Warcraft 2. Even with the late game imbalances with orc vs human (often making it a 1-race game) this game is fun after 9 years. I have well over 10k games played, hehe.

That's a tough one...

Steel Thunder was an Accolade (remember them) tank simulator - it rocked.

Ultima VIII - great immersion and killer playtime.

All the Sierra adventure quests were great - those days are gone.

Monkey Island - funny stuff.

Fallout Tactics - Brotherhood of Steel was a great time waster - very nice.

Half-life kicked ass - benchmark FPS.

Max Payne 1 & 2 - bullettime, 'nuff said

Halo gave me a glimpse of olden day greatness, if only just fleetingly.

Jedi Knight - Outcast and Academy is great - I've always wanted to play with a lightsaber!

Shit, the list is endless - there are so many!

A better question for me would be:

Worst game of all time and why?

For that one I'd have to say : Codename Outbreak by Virgin entertainment. :eek:

Originally posted by Thunder888

Worst game of all time and why?

For that one I'd have to say : Codename Outbreak by Virgin entertainment. :eek:

Just think.....they (people who made codename outbreak) went from that, to this:

www.stalker-game.com

:eek:

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight
Thief/System Shock
Dues Ex
Max Payne 1 & 2
Monkey Island series
NWN AND its’ EP
Elder Scroll Series
Sam & Max
Grim Fandango
Master of Magic