What is your 24/7 everyday stable Sandybridge clock speed?

What is your 24/7 stable Sandybridge clock speed?

• I run mine at stock /w default Turbo core 24/7

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I run mine at 4.0ghz oc 24/7

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I run mine at 4.2ghz oc 24/7

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I run mine at 4.4ghz oc 24/7

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • I run mine at 4.5ghz oc 24/7

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I run mine at 4.6ghz oc 24/7

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • I run mine at 4.7ghz oc 24/7

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • I run mine at 4.8ghz oc 24/7

• I run mine at 4.9ghz oc 24/7

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I run mine at 5.0ghz or more 24/7

• Total voters

theone1989

Limp Gawd
I think a poll would be nice on this. Sure anyone can make suicide runs on a high overclock, but what you ultimately settle on will be mostly based on the quality of your chip. As you go over the "wall" it hits it becomes uneconomical to oc further, and staying at a lower speed would be more (cost) effective in terms of it's long term health.

FYI I am at 4.5ghz @1.34v in BIOs,1.352v under load. I find 4.5ghz is my "wall". Getting 4.6ghz 1 hour Prime stable required quite a few times of tweaking.

Last edited:
4.9 @ 1.415 and Ultra High LLC. Temps are good with my Noctua NH-U12p-SE2, but im a little wary of going any higher on the voltage just to get the magic 5ghz number. Very happy with the CPU and the board.
Edit: This is on the 1204 BIOS. I found when i updated to the beta of the latest BIOS, the same settings i have now werent stable and the cpu temps were about 5 degrees hotter.

I keep it at 4.4ghz for the moment; however now that I have 1.5v RAM I'll probably go 4.5ghz -- either or, I stopped seeing huge gains past 4.2ghz in games at the resolution I use.

My 2500k is still at stock. I'll OC after getting the replacement B3 board and possibly a few more bios updates.

mine runs at 4.45(44x, 101.8, 1.3v), but it throttles down to 33x and bounces between 33x/44x after some time... stil haven't found out how to prevent this

It WAS 5GHz until I decided I wanted sleep back so now it's 4.4ghz with PLL off :(

Will running it at high frequencies reduce the life span of the processor?

Josh, yes, it will. Or rather, the higher VOLTAGE combined with the HEAT that voltage causes will reduce the longterm life span of the processor.

I keep mine at 4.6 ghz at auto v.
I can get to 5.0 at set voltage and various tweaks but I feel more comfortable on auto.

My 2500k is still at stock. I'll OC after getting the replacement B3 board and possibly a few more bios updates.
Same with my 2600K. Stock for now. We'll see in the not so distant future since everything I throw at it already runs exceptionally well already.

What's a good everyday max operating temp for the 2600k? I literally just built this computer today. Right now I have it running at 4.4 on auto vcore for simplicity's sake (which comes out to about 1.3v). I have the smartfan target set to 60 degrees C and my hyper 212+ maintains that easily under load. Feels like it's got more in it but I don't want it to get too loud.

Running mine at 4.3Ghz, 4.4+ needs 1.3v or more to stay entirely stable and I wanted to stay under 1.3v. This machine will get used all summer in a room that gets into the 90s so hopefully 4.3 will work year round and I don't have to drop it down.

Back