What is under factory stickers?

FusionXP

Limp Gawd
What is under the GTX 260/280 EVGA or BFG card stickers? Is it the nVidia logo like on the reference design?

Also would that warranty be void if removed?

Yeah, usually its just the stock sticker the card ships to EVGA with.

And yeah, I believe removing it permanently does void warranty. If you remove it, and put it back on before you return it I think your good. Give em a call.

It's like seeing a sticker that says "do not remove" then pulling it off, you'll be glad you did it but your warranty will still void. Rule of thumb: If it says do not remove, or looks important, don't remove it.

Anyone actually try to remove them. Does it leave a sticky residue?
I just don't like the graphics they put on these days. I like a plain black card like the reference design from nVidia.

Like this..

gtx260vsgtx280nx8.jpg

I took the graphic off of my 8800GTS when I got that a while ago, and it was a bitch to remove. It also left residue all over the place and was a real hassle to take off.

Once I got it off I was happy but it took a while to get it that way. Then I ended up getting an Accelero anyways so it was all for nothing lol.

Not trolling, but how much do you actually look at your card?

Umm, every time I twist my neck and look at my case...

I love looking at my card/pc internals, unless I wouldn't OCD'ly wire the cables and sand the interior :p

I wish more companies would leave the top of their cards clean/sleek!

It's like seeing a sticker that says "do not remove" then pulling it off, you'll be glad you did it but your warranty will still void. Rule of thumb: If it says do not remove, or looks important, don't remove it.

That's not very [H]
Most folks here see stickers like that, and think "Oh yeah?" *Rips sticker off laughing*

Back