What is the QNIX 2710 of 2022?

gregr507

n00b
I am still using my qnix 2710 that's like 10+ years old at this point, and would honestly keep using it if I could. The issue is that my graphics card is still my r9 290x, which obviously needs to be upgraded. However, it seems like no cards have dual link DVI outputs any more, which is the only thing the QNIX takes, and any type of adapter use I have seen has mixed reviews at best. Are there any monitors available currently that fill the role the QNIX did 10+ years ago? By that I mean that it has a nice panel (I forget which model, but I think it was used in a decent samsung display) for a good price. Are there any value monitors out there today that have nice panels in them? Considering that I would need to upgrade both my graphics card (don't even get me started on prices nowadays) and my monitor at the same time, I'm more sensitive to price than I might otherwise be. I'm pretty happy with 1440p, but am open to 4k as well. Thanks in advance!

Good luck finding a current glossy monitor. They are practically non existent. I happen to have the same monitor. I refuse to get rid of it due to it's all glass glossy screen. There is an adapter that works with it. Dell BIZLINK DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter. If you don't mind the 60 hz limitation, I would stick with the monitor. You won't find a current 27“ monitor that is glossy. I played CP2077 on my old Qnix and hands down it looked better than my 43" 144hz HDR monitor. Graphics just jumps out on an all glass glossy monitor. Sadly glossy monitors are close to if not already extinct. Especially in the 27" 2K segment.

Good luck finding a current glossy monitor. They are practically non existent. I happen to have the same monitor. I refuse to get rid of it due to it's all glass glossy screen. There is an adapter that works with it. Dell BIZLINK DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter. If you don't mind the 60 hz limitation, I would stick with the monitor. You won't find a current 27“ monitor that is glossy. I played CP2077 on my old Qnix and hands down it looked better than my 43" 144hz HDR monitor. Graphics just jumps out on an all glass glossy monitor. Sadly glossy monitors are close to if not already extinct. Especially in the 27" 2K segment.

Wrong. Dough (Formerly Eve) makes a glossy 27" 4K 144Hz monitor

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/pc-gaming/dough-spectrum-4k-144hz-glossy-monitor

I am still using my qnix 2710 that's like 10+ years old at this point, and would honestly keep using it if I could. The issue is that my graphics card is still my r9 290x, which obviously needs to be upgraded. However, it seems like no cards have dual link DVI outputs any more, which is the only thing the QNIX takes, and any type of adapter use I have seen has mixed reviews at best. Are there any monitors available currently that fill the role the QNIX did 10+ years ago? By that I mean that it has a nice panel (I forget which model, but I think it was used in a decent samsung display) for a good price. Are there any value monitors out there today that have nice panels in them? Considering that I would need to upgrade both my graphics card (don't even get me started on prices nowadays) and my monitor at the same time, I'm more sensitive to price than I might otherwise be. I'm pretty happy with 1440p, but am open to 4k as well. Thanks in advance!

They recommend the Gigabyte M27Q-P for value 1440p 144Hz.

The AW3423DW is technically 1440p, semi-glossy and the best HDR colors of ANY display, period, since it's OLED it also works very well as a 27" 1440p screen if needed (thanks PS5 for not supporting UW...), there is no glow or other LCD shenanigans reminding you of the unused screen real-estate...

The AW3423DW is technically 1440p, semi-glossy and the best HDR colors of ANY display, period, since it's OLED it also works very well as a 27" 1440p screen if needed (thanks PS5 for not supporting UW...), there is no glow or other LCD shenanigans reminding you of the unused screen real-estate...
He is price sensitive so a $1300 monitor is probably out his budget.

Back